What's new

Tyrant/Grundy discussion

Where does Grundy fall?

• Total voters

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I'll go ahead and preface this with saying, Tyrant's name should be used synonymously with Grundy.

BTW can someone tag him? I'm not sure of his tag???

I want to know specifically from Tyrant his thoughts on Grundy. He never fought a Cyborg and after fighting HG one game, went straight to superman.

How does the Tyrant Community feel as well after watching this Grundy performance? The rest of the world has Grundy in top discussions and some even in top 5! I can't disagree more but want to know what the world thinks.

#GruffBundy
#TruffByrant
@RDK|Tyrant

Last edited:

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
with grundy?
Yup! I took the first game, but Mike showed adaptation and proved to me that Defense trait is the key to this MU.

It all comes down to who gets the life lead. If Grundy can get first hit and a 30% lead, the Cyborg MUST come to him, which is bad news for the robot. That said if Cyborg gets the life lead, it becomes out of control quite quickly. Still a bad MU for Grundy no doubt, but I think any notions of 2-8 or even 3-7 can be put to rest. My eyes were opened quite a lot. I did get a chance to talk with Tyrant about it also.
Just takes patience and smart play, and he is by no means out. GRUNDY SMASH

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Yup! I took the first game, but Mike showed adaptation and proved to me that Defense trait is the key to this MU.

It all comes down to who gets the life lead. If Grundy can get first hit and a 30% lead, the Cyborg MUST come to him, which is bad news for the robot. That said if Cyborg gets the life lead, it becomes out of control quite quickly. Still a bad MU for Grundy no doubt, but I think any notions of 2-8 or even 3-7 can be put to rest. My eyes were opened quite a lot. I did get a chance to talk with Tyrant about it also.
7-3 because you have to risk so much trying to get that life lead. How Grundy Gets in -> WCC = takes damage

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
yes he did. Fran also

I have to see this. Was it at all streamed or recorded?

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
Hawk Girl, Cyborg, and Flash are probably his worst matchups right now. I don't see any other characters that would give Grundy as much trouble as the ones I mentioned.

B W1zZ

Noob
I enjoy watching Tyrants grundy but one thing that always bothers me is how he links B1 into command grab instead of going for the reset...I don't understand why he does that unless he thinks hes going to mistime the command grab?

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I enjoy watching Tyrants grundy but one thing that always bothers me is how he links B1 into command grab instead of going for the reset...I don't understand why he does that unless he thinks hes going to mistime the command grab?
I thought the same thing but I think it was based on the fact that he knew the chain grab would kill him.

Maybe he thought he might mistime it? Shit happens

B W1zZ

Noob
I thought the same thing but I think it was based on the fact that he knew the chain grab would kill him.

Maybe he thought he might mistime it? Shit happens
I mean I understand if the command grab will end a round/match but I've seen several situations where he would have netted more damage/gained a life lead etc by going for a reset.