What's new

TYM upgrades, in need of help

STORMS

Owner / Director
Administrator
All,

TYM is in need of refreshment and upgrades... I have been researching a few add-ons that I feel would benefit us including a "questions & answers add-on" that allows up and down-voting, etc.

The cost is what I am asking for help on: Approximately $370.00 (not including service charges to our developer)

If you are able to donate to help towards these upgrades, you can PayPal me via [email protected]

Any help will be greatly appreciated as I am just trying to breathe some life back into TYM. I know I've been away from things due to life, but I feel it's time to change things up. Thank you.

STORMS

Owner / Director
Administrator
Considering how people misuse this feature on reddit and other sites where this is a thing, are you sure adding it to this site will be a good idea?
The system is $35; I think it would be a good thing to try-out on TYM. Especially due to the fact that I would have control over the functions of the add-on.

Plus, I could allow it only on specific forums or all of them.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Considering how people misuse this feature on reddit and other sites where this is a thing, are you sure adding it to this site will be a good idea?
I think he meant to say that the upvoting and downvoting was for questions and answers, not for all posts.

Because yeah, being able to up/downvote posts is a recipe for brigading, etc.

HeavyNorse

F*ck Mournful
I think he meant to say that the upvoting and downvoting was for questions and answers, not for all posts.

Because yeah, being able to up/downvote posts is a recipe for brigading, etc.
I misunderstood that part, because yes, I did indeed understand it as up-/downvoting posts. :p

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
If you want to raise money for your site, consider improving premium benefits.

STORMS

Owner / Director
Administrator
Possibly custom emote or animated avatar? Just spitballin’....
That sounds fair to me. But it's ultimately up to Storms.
What I want to do and am aiming to do is much bigger than that.

I can almost foresee the Events, Media and Wiki tabs going away. Events would still exist obviously, but in a forum format and not by way of this older add-on... as its use is minute.