What's new

TYM Question of the Week: April 19

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
QotW: What was your (first or best) concert you ever attended?

My best was probably Flight of the Conchords in Nashville. Holy crap they were amazing! Not only funny, but just excellent musicians. One second they're telling jokes, then one will start playing a catchy beat or rhythm, then before you know it they've transitioned into an entire musical number about some ridiculous topic.

That night there were several giant concerts happening in downtown Nashville, including Louis CK, some big country band, and a few others, so all of downtown was straight bananas. That's when we ran into the drunken bridal shower that erupted into a slap/fist/kick fight as the drunken bride's drunken friends tried to drunkenly shove her into an Uber she drunkenly did not want to be in. Fun night.

Your turn!

Last edited:

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
Billy Idol & Def Leppard.

Billy Idol opened & was amazing! I remember at the end of Billy Idol's show, Billy telling his guitarist Steve Stevens, "Tell me what a fuckin' hit single sounds like!", then White Wedding starts. Billy Idol was amazing, better than Def Leppard. Seeing both one after another was awesome!

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Went to see Red Hot Chili Peppers in the Twin Cities. The bands that opened for them were Mars Volta and Queens of the Stone Age.

Saw Brahm's German Requiem in Madison, WI. That was pretty powerful.

Saw Beethoven's 9th Symphony in Milwaukee, WI which was amazing. Best part was at the end, after the last note, this one guy in front of us just screams the most cathartic "Yeahhhhhhhhh!" I've ever heard.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Oh jeez. There's a few top ones because they were great in different ways.

Coldplay's Head Full of Dreams tour cause that's when I learned to not give a fuck and enjoy myself. Also, they had remote-controlled wrist bands on all attendees which they used to do waves of light through the crowd as part of the show.

Night Ranger & Foreigner & Journey. The single best concert I've been to for the sheer power of that lineup. Just hours of fantastic music, Foreigner's usual 8-10m long live rendition of Jukebox Hero, and Journey opening their part of the set with all of them jamming then transitioning into Separate Ways for ultimate hype as the beach balls are bouncing through the crowd. I still go back and watch it on YouTube from time to time.

Elton John's farewell tour. Man's not lost the power in his voice after all these years. He also played Funeral for a Friend / Love Lies Bleeding after one of the interludes to get everyone hyped. Fog machines rolling, his piano slowly raising from under the stage, and the synth intro blaring. So amazing.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
I've only gone to two and they were both in high school.

Trivium, Coheed, and Slipknot was pretty damn good. I wasnt into Slipknot at the time but they put on a really good performance. I was there for Coheed and they had technical problems the whole set.

Arcanum, Suicide Silence, Machine Head, and Megadeth was okay. Megadeth just played all their singles and I didnt know any of the others. The frontman for SS kept trying in vain to get a pit opened up. During the last song, there was finally a pit with just one very drunk man in it.

I had the option to see Queens of the Stone Age and Run the Jewels but it fell through. Also Duran Duran was playing in Vegas the day I was leaving from Evo 2016

Most of my friends are into different music than I, so I've actually only ever been to one concert in my life. It was a free show put on by Mathew Good Band, and it was a good time.

Some jerk in the crowd threw a Matchbox racer at Matt and hit him square in the forehead! Matt went down, got up, and just freaked! I felt awful for him, but he then continued the show.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Rancid with the beerwhores and west end punk in 1996 at St. Andrews in Detroit, shit was wild.

One of the better and most memorable was Primus with guest appearance from Buckethead at Red Rocks in Colorado.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
Smashing Pumpkins was my first.
The best is very hard. I've seen nine inch nails 7 times always awsome, Metallica at big day out playing blackened with lightning in the sky above the stage, slayer, dimmu borgir, marduk, cannibal corpse 3 times, machine head was awsome, korn a few times , man if I can remember any more good ones I'll come back.. oh cky was really good. Slipknot in 2005 was cool cradle if filth a couple of times they are cool. There is more but I can't recall right now. These are the good ones I can remember

Smashing Pumpkins was my first.
The best is very hard. I've seen nine inch nails 7 times always awsome, Metallica at big day out playing blackened with lightning in the sky above the stage, slayer, dimmu borgir, marduk, cannibal corpse 3 times, machine head was awsome, korn a few times , man if I can remember any more good ones I'll come back.. oh cky was really good. Slipknot in 2005 was cool cradle if filth a couple of times they are cool. There is more but I can't recall right now. These are the good ones I can remember
I'd love to see the Pumpkins live.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
My first concert was to see a group thr Frattelis. A Scottish band, not that well know, biggest hit is Chelsea Dagger so if you were to recognise a song it would be that one. Went when I was like 14 at a small gig in London with my sister. She bought me beer and drank it in the queue to get in and she would sneak me a couple rum and cokes too. It was a lot of fun, a lot of getting mosh pitted by bigger people and my sister got defensive and punched a guy in the back of the head. Good times.

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
Too many good ones to count....a few highlights would be:

Prince in 2004 on the Musicology tour in Philly, Gorillaz at Red Rocks, Modest Mouse at Red Rocks....