What's new

TYM Question of the Week, April 12

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
QotW: What supporting character from any media do you wish had their own spinoff series? It could be a TV character, comic character, game character; whatever you want.

I'm going with Dennis Feinstein, the psychotic cologne magnate from Parks and Rec. I think that actor, Jason Mantzoukas, is one of the funniest people on the planet right now, so the more Zooks I can get, the better! The character is just also so hilariously morally bankrupt that I would love to see what kind of shenanigans he would get into.

Last edited:

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
If you're a fan of Jason Mantzoukas, check out Invincible on Amazon Prime. The show is incredible. For anyone who hasn't watched it, make sure to finish the ENTIRE first episode. It may seem a little corny at first, but boy does it take a turn at the end.

On topic - I'd have said Mike Ehrmantraut from Breaking Bad, but he's kinda already the 2nd most featured character in Better Call Saul.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
This is hard because lately the only media I've been consuming are things like The Mandalorian, WandaVision, Flacon and Winter Soldier, which are already spinoffs.

There's a new Dune movie coming out this year, so I re-read the book just to get ready for it. I'd love some kind of spinoff/prequel about Duke Leto Atreides the first.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
This is hard because lately the only media I've been consuming are things like The Mandalorian, WandaVision, Flacon and Winter Soldier, which are already spinoffs.

There's a new Dune movie coming out this year, so I re-read the book just to get ready for it. I'd love some kind of spinoff/prequel about Duke Leto Atreides the first.
Honestly, I could watch an Agatha spin off of WandaVision. Just her personal hell of being a sitcom human in a real world.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
If you're a fan of Jason Mantzoukas, check out Invincible on Amazon Prime. The show is incredible. For anyone who hasn't watched it, make sure to finish the ENTIRE first episode. It may seem a little corny at first, but boy does it take a turn at the end.

On topic - I'd have said Mike Ehrmantraut from Breaking Bad, but he's kinda already the 2nd most featured character in Better Call Saul.
My wife and I have been watching it! Yeah, it's a little all over the place with its tone, but still a very entertaining show. I'd watch a spinoff of that rock dude for sure.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Somewhat related to this question: I've been watching the 90's animated Spiderman cartoon that was on Fox, and one of the random side characters that popped up was Dr. Jonathan Ohn as Spot. I always thought he was a cool character, I loved the idea of someone that can open mini portals like that. I always thought that would be an interesting fgc character ability.

In terms of a television series, this is tough as I have not been watching much TV. I generally don't since I work in TV.

I'd be into a spin-off series of Negan from The Walking Dead though. I find the show has given him a lot more character and personality than his comic counterpart, and the Season 10 finale, which was his "origin," was excellent.

I'd be keen to watch him move forward from there, form the Saviours, etc.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
I have major spin-off fatigue from the cinematic universe glut, so a spin-off would be a hard sell for me. I'd probably be into a new Casey Jones series. Casey being an unhinged vigilante horribly outmatched by mutagen animals would be fun

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
I want some sort of spinoff with Hisoka from Hunter X Hunter.

Also, I want Juggernaut from X-Men to have his own movie. He has been in like what, 2 movies? I want a movie dedicated to him. A lot of people don’t realize how insanely powerful he is, I’d love a movie that showcases that ridiculous power!

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Rachel Cole-Alves from the Punisher Warzone issues.

They really loved her and to the point she is probably the only Punisher Girl still alive at the end of the series says a lot, she is quite insane as frank castle too, so she has potential for issues of her own if Marvel wants it.

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
I'm a huge GI Joe Fanatic next to MK and DC. Which if you notice my avatar and name you may have noticed so there are many characters I would have LOVED to have spin offs for. I know they are doing a Snake Eyes movie and I heard a Lady Jaye series rumored to be in talks, but I always thought Rachel Nichols did a good job as Scarlett in the Rise of Cobra. I think she actually said she was disappointed and the first to say several of the cast was not asked back for Retaliation.

Nearly all of her movies I liked. She was in The Conan movie, which had Jason Mamoa and IIRC correctly i think Rose McGowan was in it as a villain. I just liked her relationship with the characters and she was for the most part comic accurate (aside from the armor being all dark). I think the first GI Movie is on HBO. So if you have HBO Max something to watch.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I was watching this movie called Rogue One and at the end there was this big wizard dude dressed all in black with a black mask and a laser sword who was totally wrecking shop. Love to see a spin off about him, find out what his backstory is and all that.

I was watching this movie called Rogue One and at the end there was this big wizard dude dressed all in black with a black mask and a laser sword who was totally wrecking shop. Love to see a spin off about him, find out what his backstory is and all that.
He's pretty dark and edgy. I bet as a kid, he fantasized about space angels.

DeftMonk

Noob
He's pretty dark and edgy. I bet as a kid, he fantasized about space angels.
Probably because he found out he was adopted due to his obviously Jewish nostrils yet his parents weren’t Jewish. Poor guy that’s a recipe for emo right there

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
QotW: What supporting character from any media do you wish had their own spinoff series? It could be a TV character, comic character, game character; whatever you want.

I'm going with Dennis Feinstein, the psychotic cologne magnate from Parks and Rec. I think that actor, Jason Mantzoukas, is one of the funniest people on the planet right now, so the more Zooks I can get, the better! The character is just also so hilariously morally bankrupt that I would love to see what kind of shenanigans he would get into.

Gotham's Alfred Pennyworth. Before he served the Waynes.

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
I was watching one of my favourite James Bond films the other day, “The Man With The Golden Gun” from 1974 (21 years before I was born). I just sat & imagined all of Francisco Scaramanga’s previous hits & his life before the events of the movie (I have the book too). In the movie learn that he was a marksman at the circus & trained by the KGB who paid him in pennies before he left to charge $1 million a shot.

I imagined it would be like Roger Moore’s show before he became James Bond, “The Saint”. Scaramanga, Nick Nack & Andrea Anders travelling the world killing people, his dealings with his gunsmith Lazar & deal with challenges & drama per episode.