What's new

Guide TYM Cyrax Community Guide

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
Quick question for you guys regarding a combo for Cyrax.

When is the ideal time to do medium bomb after ex bomb?

Like in this combo:

21 ex-bomb, medium bomb, uppercut, b2, 121 = 51% in practice mode. (you can also add a net in the beginning but it will reduce the damage to 46%)

When you hit the ex-bomb, do you input for medium bomb right before their "belly" hits the floor and the bomb goes off or is it possible to input it sooner?

I am hitting it 90% of the time but sometimes I feel like I am doing medium bomb a little too late and then the combo will end because when they fall from the uppercut they don't get hit with the explosion.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
hi all,
which is the difference between cyrax and cyblax?
thanks!
In a nutshell:
CYRAX:
-Bigger, simpler resets; unsafe Teleport; 121Saw doesn't work as a BnB; Bombs detonate closer to Cyrax.
CYBLAX:
-Smaller, more elaborate resets; safe Telepoof that can be applied a lot more vigorously in certain situations; quiet Bombs with different proximities; 121Saw works as a BnB; hitbox is lowered when throwing Net (most useful in Kabal matchup when ducking iAGB's.)

ALSO:
On a random sidenote, to anyone trying to get down the backwards B2 pop-off resets...if you're willing to trade the 1% damage, it is a LOT easier to hit if, after the initial Net, you go in with JIP 12 EX Bomb; he recovers a LOT faster towards dashing into the B2.

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
u mean cyblax got smaller hitbox? <3
His entire body lowers when throwing the net at Cyblax, as Cyrax he almost gets taller as he leans to shoot out the net. Very useful as Lt.Box said, inthe Kabal MU, and also in the Kitana MU i'm finding, as well. I haven't tested too much against Liu Kang's iafb, but I assume it would help putting nets on the screen against him as well. MAPUSA, you should watch J360's video about all the differences between the two, but Lt.Box posted most of the major differences in his post.

http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/cyblax-vs-cyrax-video.18075/

Rokinlobster

Nightwolf of the galaxy
Over a month since the last post :(

Well today I messed up a combo. And discovered something!
You can do 3 b2's in a combo. Its not really useful but is is swagnificent.
21~net, 21~exbomb, b2, far bomb, 121~close bomb, b2, b2.
What happens is the second back 2 that would normally splat them sends them into the splat animation, but they hit the explosion of the close bomb and it launches them back up.

Also, shout outs to @winterwarz for winning Cyrax's first major, and GGA HAN for making him work for it!

Instead of block confirming 12 into 121~ragdoll/saw, confirm into 123~ragdoll/saw. Simply because 123~saw combos if the 3 hits.

What do you guys think?
I haven't tested anything with cyrax in forever but I think 123 wiffs on more characters hence why 123 was never implemented by most players.

Vocket

Day 1 Phenomenal Teth-Adam Player
Like winter warz said, 123 misses against most ducking characters except high hitbox ones. On those characters that 123 hits it is better to do 334 (grants block advantge). 334 will hit on those high hitbox characters if I am not mistaken.

Rokinlobster

Nightwolf of the galaxy
Yeah I am sad 123 is not that good.
So lately I have been ending meterless combos with 121~close/mid bomb instead of 121~ragdoll/anti air. What set ups do you guys like to use after these?
Close bomb is usually for when I have gained the life lead, it gives me space to back up.
After mid bomb people really seem to like using a wake up, so if I see they are wake up happy ill try for a punish, or if they are not waking up ill try and land a f2, or dash up to d4 range.

NariTuba

disMember
Yeah I am sad 123 is not that good.
So lately I have been ending meterless combos with 121~close/mid bomb instead of 121~ragdoll/anti air. What set ups do you guys like to use after these?
Close bomb is usually for when I have gained the life lead, it gives me space to back up.
After mid bomb people really seem to like using a wake up, so if I see they are wake up happy ill try for a punish, or if they are not waking up ill try and land a f2, or dash up to d4 range.
All those are good! Here's a Cyblax thing ive been doing lately:

Its nice when you have the lifelead to use the bomb to lure them into the saw. Cyblax' bomb is slower, when people get used to the matchup they start responding to this by trying to move in on you. If you position yourself correctly and put the saw out on the screen it impossible for them to move forward. Of course certain wakups will blow you up, but this is a turtle manuevre for when you make a read they will try to rush in after being knocked down or seeing you put the bomb on the screen. Blocking the saw will get them pushed into the bomb.

If you get the saw knockdown you get to put a bomb on them again and make your guess on whether they will move forward or not. With proper positioning; Cyblax saw cannot be jumped, the hitbox is ridiculous! You can also change gears and go on the offensive with a risk free jump in/ teleport mixup which can only be avoided by tech rolling, which they're not gonna do if they're moving forward.

Using this bomb/saw wall allows you to turtle at 3/4s screen and closer, in range of your midbomb; which you get for free once they respect the wall and jump or move back after the knockdown. This is all match circumstance and character specific of course, but its been VERY useful to me against a lot of the cast.