What's new

Tyler's Dundee Kano combo is NOT going to be possible unless...

Trevor

Noob
I remember the moment when the devs first showcased kanos moves and one of them (tyler) showed this cool combo he named the "dundee" or the "done deal". That combo alone was the reason why I completely loved Kano in MK11. The problem was that the tournament variation that had lumbar check and manhandled did not have lumbar check, but on top of that, you couldn't even create a custom variation with those 3 moves on casual. It turns out that you would need to tweak the way custom variations work in order to make this possible, but according to tyler, the combo will now be available. The video explains why this is not possible without a 4th slot or a tweak in slot requirements.

Last edited:

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Back when they showed off Kano, they had yet to have the variation system in place, so the ones they showed off were custom made by Steph.

Trevor

Noob
Back when they showed off Kano, they had yet to have the variation system in place, so the ones they showed off were custom made by Steph.
Yes, I figured that, but what this means is that a 4th slot or a reduced slot requirement for snakebite will be needed to be able to do the dundee now.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Since custom variations become available, there's no need for a 4th variation slot. You can just choose those abilities.

Trevor

Noob
Since custom variations become available, there's no need for a 4th variation slot. You can just choose those abilities.
This is not a 4th variation. It's a fourth slot when building any variation. it's the only way to fit snakebite in with the other two. That or to lower snakebite to a single slot requirement.

Zviko

Noob
Or maybe he just forgot that Snake Bite is 2 slot move so he actually won't be able to have them all. And he's not a dev. He's a community manager.

Trevor

Noob
Or maybe he just forgot that Snake Bite is 2 slot move so he actually won't be able to have them all
Yeah that third possibility sucks. Hopefully that is not going to be the case. He made too much of a case about the combo in the Mileena kast, so we will have to wait and see.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Stephanie said that no slot consumptions are being changed at all for UMK11. So rip Dundee :(

Blazeglory88

50/50 Savant - Lore>Gore
I remember Snake Bite being one slot when the game was initially out and was later changed to 2 slots later in a patch. Hopefully they balance everything out so that we can either get a 4th slot for moves or make everything 1 slot because I honestly think that's would be the best in terms of creativity and fun.