What's new

TylerLantern & L0rd of the FLY present: Nightwolf Combo & Tech Video

TylerLantern

POWER OF FEAR
"Ancestors, give me strength!"

Out of all the MK9 characters, as unpopular as Nightwolf has been at times, I have gotten more requests to do a combo video / tech video for him more than any other character. I feel like Nightwolf was not totally unexplored in MK9, but still not as explored as some of the other characters in the cast. In this video, you will see how good his reflect move can be, and how his invincibility frames on his reflect move can be used. You will also see 1v1 and 2v2 combos, and even a TOASTY BOOST tag combo (which was definitely the hardest combo in the video to pull off).

Most of this video was recorded over a year and a half ago by me and @AK L0rdoftheFLY. Most of this footage was thought to be lost to a crashed hard drive, but was recently found on a flash drive. Everyone who has requested me to do more MK9 videos, enjoy!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
I've never seen the TOASTY BOOST before, what does it do?

EDIT: Nevermind

"The Toasty Boost is a little known technique in Mortal Kombat 9 that gives you a full meter if you input a series of commands when Dan Forden says his iconic “Toasty!” quip randomly in a match. The Toasty Boost can be activated by either character, regardless of who activated the toasty, and can be used while in hit-stun or block-stun. 16 Bit used this technique to score a victory over Perfect Legend in the finals at Console Combat a few days ago. It has recently been deemed tournament legal by Tom Brady over at TestYourMight, and so TYM has provided the entire Toasty Boost list, as the commands for activating it differ for each character. Study up on your Toasty Boosts and maybe you’ll end up using it in a tournament finals match one day!"

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
And to think we had resigned ourselves to the fact that this video would never see the light of day.

This reminds me of another project that must be worked on, Lantern...if you know what I mean. ;)

Why da hell did Cyrax's EX Saw go back (went from Cyrax to Nightwolf who reflected it and than it went from Cyrax to Nightwolf again) after being reflected at 5:55???????????????????????

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Why da hell did Cyrax's EX Saw go back (went from Cyrax to Nightwolf who reflected it and than it went from Cyrax to Nightwolf again) after being reflected at 5:55???????????????????????
I just noticed that too, maybe it's a bug? Cyrax goes into hitstun from it so I dunno

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
The other day the question in a stream chat came up

Which MK/INJ community member is most likely to have a sex tape leaked

Some said Rico
Some said tom
Some said shuninkydink

No one said Tyler + FLY

We were wrong

Dead wrong because this was the greatest sex tape ever leaked

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
The other day the question in a stream chat came up

Which MK/INJ community member is most likely to have a sex tape leaked

Some said Rico
Some said tom
Some said shuninkydink

No one said Tyler + FLY

We were wrong

Dead wrong because this was the greatest sex tape ever leaked
At least the community knows im getting laid. Thats awesome

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
That was a thing of beauty. Shows a lot of why tag is broke. Diggin the reverse uppercuts, corner uppercuts, and using F2 gettin a bit more dmg. The noob shit was cray the way if you happen to catch him with a reflected ghost ball (when does that ever happen noobs dont throw ghost balls) you can use the quick recovery frames from the "Fly trap" to loop it cuz he cant block. Love seein NWLF get some rare love.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I think it's something to do with the way trading properties are programmed, in the Kabal/Freddy matchup I think Kabal will sometimes deflect Freddy Fingers if it trades with his groundsaw. #YoMahvalKombat

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Nightwolf was my secondary in UMK3, but what was left of him in MK9 is not even mare imitation.
The work You guys have done is really great and You deserve props for that.

Imo I can see more potential in Jade then in NW to be honest...

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
Nightwolf was my secondary in UMK3, but what was left of him in MK9 is not even mare imitation.
The work You guys have done is really great and You deserve props for that.

Imo I can see more potential in Jade then in NW to be honest...
Ive played nightwolf for like 2 years he really doesnt have a whole lotta tech/potential hes one of those characters where you pretty much get what ya see. This vid is pretty much as deep as it gets and its tag mode that allows for the craziness. Hes just a really simple character. Thats what makes this vid so good that they can take a simple character and make him look so dirty.