What's new

Tweedy/Perfect Legend Drama, No Variations, and More - Podcast Discussion

Wetdoba

All too easy...
To me it seems like they weren't thinking far enough ahead or not everyone was on the same page, so they designed a pool of different moves with out thinking of how to separate them into 3 variations, so now it's awkward.
The game was designed to be custom variations using the slot system, might as well make it tournament standard and balance the moves individually. If some combos are too strong in the end you can either balance them by changing the move or balance them by changing the required slots if a move on its own is not too strong but when combined with another is

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Yo checked Tweedy's twitter real quick and damn that guy needs to chill. He has beef with 3 guys already, and those were just his last tweets.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
If I had to guess, I would say that each character will have three variations, with some special moves only intended for customizable loadouts and thus unavailable for competitive play. I know some players are concerned about something entirely new and different such as legalizing customize loadouts, but Mortal Kombat X and Injustice 2 turned out to be very balanced and functional fighting games so everyone should give NRS the benefit of the doubt.
I still think most of these questions could simply be answered in the Q&A segment on Kombat Kast. Or they can just come out and say so!

Like @SaltShaker said it feels like they are rushing things when it should coming down to balances and testing. If figuring out the variation is part of it so be it. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if that just scratches the surface.

On the other hand they said Baraka was just handed new moves for 16bit to try out. 2 months away is normal for that but they should be more clear and say when it comes to competitive side were not ready and the game is still being built as is right now and more details to come later.

Has some have pointed out 2 months to go and in previous games and we had way more info then now. Granted not a guaranteed beta though to help answer these questions too.

Last edited:

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
He's just desperately trying to stay relevant.
Pretty sure he did that in response to something honeybee put on twitter called "Blueballing" or something I didn't look into much. As much as I don't like Carl him and tweedy are pretty similar besides the fact that PL has EVO wins.

I am not deluded enough to think that Tweedy won't mop PL in a ft10 but this WWE shit talk is lame to me.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Pretty sure he did that in response to something honeybee put on twitter called "Blueballing" or something I didn't look into much. As much as I don't like Carl him and tweedy are pretty similar besides the fact that PL has EVO wins.

I am not deluded enough to think that Tweedy won't mop PL in a ft10 but this WWE shit talk is lame to me.
I honestly don't know the story with HoneyBee, but I agree completely that Tweedy isn't any better than PL. I mean he did just get into beefs with ChrisG and Tyrant just because he's super jealous that they got an invite to the summit while he stays home.

That said PL is trying to stay relevant with tweets on top of tweets, while he should just be happy with his evo medals and shut up for once in his life. Too bad his ego is far too big for that.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
I honestly don't know the story with HoneyBee, but I agree completely that Tweedy isn't any better than PL. I mean he did just get into beefs with ChrisG and Tyrant just because he's super jealous that they got an invite to the summit while he stays home.

That said PL is trying to stay relevant with tweets on top of tweets, while he should just be happy with his evo medals and shut up for once in his life. Too bad his ego is far too big for that.
Yup and that is were PL problem lies he needs to just have fun and compete and many people don't know this but he is really good at commentating and wish he would focus on that.

i think the main concern a lot of players have is that the game is not concrete yet and things are still being changed around this late into the development cycle. im a casual player and it makes even me nervous that they dont have anything set into stone already. doesnt give much player confidence as far as base fighting game structure goes.
They never said that. Lol

Immortal

Blind justice....
found one.
I'm no Sonic fan. I among many others just think you're an egoistic.....m. on top of being a hypocrite. Not long ago you made people feel like trash here with your "awesome" who are you.

That will never be forgoten, since you never had even a shred of decency nor did you apologized for your behaviour. You're like Tweedy in many ways. Thou he is way better in recent NRS games then you.

You're the last person who should judge anybody else character.

Last edited:
I completely agree with their point about variations not being set and moves not being divvied up yet. The game is about 8 WEEKS away from release and they still have no clue what moves go with what variations and have been pretty cryptic about tournament presets vs custom variations.

I'm less worried about what I'm entitled to in these Kombat Kasts and more about this game launching as a complete mess and being patched to hell after the fact.
Why people assuming they dont know which moves are in the variations. Im pretty sure they do i mean...they did make the game...they just arent telling us yet

I'm no Sonic fan. I among many others just think you're an egoistic.....m. on top of being a hypocrite. Not long ago you made people feel like trash here with your "awesome" who are you.

That will never be forgoten, since you never had even a shred of decency nor did you apologized for your behaviour. You're like Tweedy in many ways. Thou he is way better in recent NRS games then you.

wait... who are you again? have we ever met at an offline event?

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.

This isn't worth it, think of playing to win like B. Shazzy but instead of being some weird anti-NRS troll, he's just playing the part of a (washed up) tournament elitist troll.