What's new

trying to learn how to Use a Hitbox

Very nicely done young man, wow!!, do you have a list of detailed parts, where purchased and a detailed blue print for the construction, so even someone with nimrod skills could make one of these
I will list the parts I used along with parts I’d recommend if you don’t have or know how to use a soldering iron.

Case- TEK-CASE S1-B $58.00 (more for color options). I Also got a top cover for putting in artwork Plexi Covers - TEK Case S1 - Top Panel $9.50. www.tek-innovations.com (he also has the PSD templates for use with photoshop if wanting to make your own artwork and have him print and cut it for you). Of note here, I added buttons to the side panels and back so I could wire L3/R3, touch/PS, and options/share. Youtube video detailing case build “Art's Hobbies - TEK Cases (Build Instructions)”

PCB- Brook PS3/PS4 fighting board $39.99 (this requires knowledge and use of soldering iron however) Recommended part - BROOK UNIVERSAL FIGHTING BOARD (PS3 - PS4 - Xbox 360 - Xbox One - PC) $89.99. Yes it is more expensive, it will allow you to put together with just a screwdriver, no soldering needed. Know that you do NOT need to connect anything in the diagram other than what is screw in, everything else that would require soldering is optional. I purchased mine from www.paradisearcadeshop.com or www.focusattack.com you can get the diagrams for wiring from brook’s website www.brookaccessory.com youtube video “Brook Universal Fighting Board - First Look & Basic Installation Guide”

24mm button- I went with sanwa buttons, of course this is all preference. Some like seimetsu, and there are others as well. But sanwa and seimetsu are the most popular. The websites above you can purchase them from as well as many others. Because of inventory and color preference, I bought mine from www.arcadespareparts.com The part ID for the sanwa buttons I used are OBSF-24 (tab model) $1.75 each for solid colors, $3.80 for clear. OBSN-24 are the screw in design $1.90 each.

Wiring-Now I am hardheaded and like to make things more difficult for myself than is necessary at times, so I bought a roll of wire, quick disconnects separately, cut stripped and crimped my own wires and daisy chain for ground. This is rather stupid, I do stupid things sometimes. I would go to www.focusattack.com and in the electrical section you will find pre cut and crimped with quick disconnect wires for sale. You want the ones for 0.110 (if using sanwa/seimetsu buttons)quick disconnect and 22 AWG. Obviously purchase enough for each button, then buy a daisy chain with enough for each button, mor than one is ok, and no, you do not have to connect each connection of a daisy chain, it’s ok for some to not be connected, just make sure it is not touching anything else in your case/wrap with electrical tape/zip tie. A 16 piece 22 AWG w .110 quick disconnects $7.25, 30 connection 22 AWG .110 ground daisy chain $4.45 (a 10 connection is $3.75 and you would need 2 of those). Time saved here is priceless! I should have went this route!

Power/connect to PS4- Neutrik NAUSB-W-B A/B USB Feed-Through $7.75, with Neutrik SCDP Rubber Boot $2.95. To connect this to the PCB in your case - 18 Inch Male A-B USB 2.0 Cable $3.75. Then from case to PS4 length of your choice but recommend 10 Foot Male A-B USB 2.0 Cable $5.25. Also purchasable at www.focusattack.com among others.

That’s it! Once you add everything up it’s more expensive than just buying from Hitbox, but I enjoy projects so… Everything I listed is really just plug, screw, and play! Hope this helps.

I will list the parts I used along with parts I’d recommend if you don’t have or know how to use a soldering iron.

Case- TEK-CASE S1-B $58.00 (more for color options). I Also got a top cover for putting in artwork Plexi Covers - TEK Case S1 - Top Panel $9.50. www.tek-innovations.com (he also has the PSD templates for use with photoshop if wanting to make your own artwork and have him print and cut it for you). Of note here, I added buttons to the side panels and back so I could wire L3/R3, touch/PS, and options/share. Youtube video detailing case build “Art's Hobbies - TEK Cases (Build Instructions)”

PCB- Brook PS3/PS4 fighting board $39.99 (this requires knowledge and use of soldering iron however) Recommended part - BROOK UNIVERSAL FIGHTING BOARD (PS3 - PS4 - Xbox 360 - Xbox One - PC) $89.99. Yes it is more expensive, it will allow you to put together with just a screwdriver, no soldering needed. Know that you do NOT need to connect anything in the diagram other than what is screw in, everything else that would require soldering is optional. I purchased mine from www.paradisearcadeshop.com or www.focusattack.com you can get the diagrams for wiring from brook’s website www.brookaccessory.com youtube video “Brook Universal Fighting Board - First Look & Basic Installation Guide”

24mm button- I went with sanwa buttons, of course this is all preference. Some like seimetsu, and there are others as well. But sanwa and seimetsu are the most popular. The websites above you can purchase them from as well as many others. Because of inventory and color preference, I bought mine from www.arcadespareparts.com The part ID for the sanwa buttons I used are OBSF-24 (tab model) $1.75 each for solid colors, $3.80 for clear. OBSN-24 are the screw in design $1.90 each.

Wiring-Now I am hardheaded and like to make things more difficult for myself than is necessary at times, so I bought a roll of wire, quick disconnects separately, cut stripped and crimped my own wires and daisy chain for ground. This is rather stupid, I do stupid things sometimes. I would go to www.focusattack.com and in the electrical section you will find pre cut and crimped with quick disconnect wires for sale. You want the ones for 0.110 (if using sanwa/seimetsu buttons)quick disconnect and 22 AWG. Obviously purchase enough for each button, then buy a daisy chain with enough for each button, mor than one is ok, and no, you do not have to connect each connection of a daisy chain, it’s ok for some to not be connected, just make sure it is not touching anything else in your case/wrap with electrical tape/zip tie. A 16 piece 22 AWG w .110 quick disconnects $7.25, 30 connection 22 AWG .110 ground daisy chain $4.45 (a 10 connection is $3.75 and you would need 2 of those). Time saved here is priceless! I should have went this route!

Power/connect to PS4- Neutrik NAUSB-W-B A/B USB Feed-Through $7.75, with Neutrik SCDP Rubber Boot $2.95. To connect this to the PCB in your case - 18 Inch Male A-B USB 2.0 Cable $3.75. Then from case to PS4 length of your choice but recommend 10 Foot Male A-B USB 2.0 Cable $5.25. Also purchasable at www.focusattack.com among others.

That’s it! Once you add everything up it’s more expensive than just buying from Hitbox, but I enjoy projects so… Everything I listed is really just plug, screw, and play! Hope this helps.
You da man

Oh yeah! I forgot you would also need 1 30 mm button for the thumb button
Thanks, your hitbox looks hot, like a super model, if it were me I would not use any art work on her, in the clear case she is like dating super model, you would not take her to a costume party with a sheet over her as a ghost, instead you would have her dress in a hot pirate costume(clear casing) for all to see. Also will add you on my ps4 in a couple of days

Right back in the fucking box and in the trash. Zero upside, both professionally and casually, to use a Hitbox.
Well man, i split my left thumb like a hot dog and got 16 stitches and it has never been the same. Those extra buttons take some work load off the thumb. So yeah

Certainly. Im on ps4. Psn john_1776. Just leave a message if u send a friend request. Also though, my free time is limited w a 5 month in the house now, so my only resl free time is on thursday nights late..
Hi John 1776, this is blue dragon, I got so tied up with personal matters, that I forgot to send you a friend request, I will do tomorrow 5-27-17, again I did not blow you off, I just got tied up with stuff, not like me to forget, age related most likely, my psn tag so you will know who I am is scottradasch, we can practice MKXL

Hi John 1776, this is blue dragon, I got so tied up with personal matters, that I forgot to send you a friend request, I will do tomorrow 5-27-17, again I did not blow you off, I just got tied up with stuff, not like me to forget, age related most likely, my psn tag so you will know who I am is scottradasch, we can practice MKXL
Its all good. I understand being busy. Life is

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
I thought you were supposed to do that lol. The thought of using left thumb is just... Confusing in my head. My lord lol.
Start teaching yourself to use your Right thumb as your jump button. Like everyone is saying take it slow. give it a few weeks and everything will just become second nature. I love my Hitbox and been using it since early 2012 and will never use any other peripheral for fighting games.
What's wrong with using left thumb? Why right?

One thing that helped me was downloading an NES emulator and playing classic roms with the hitbox. It takes a lot of the pressure off, it's fun, and after like 20 minutes you'll be playing without thinking about the hitbox.
Awesome idea man. I'm no fan of the NES in 2017, but anyone got any games playable without a second analog? I just beat Crypt of the Ncerodqncer too, would have been perfect to get a grip on the Hitbox

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I still need to order the stuff to turn my poverty stick into a poverty hitbox.

Or ya know, just not be a cheap-ass and buy a fucking hitbox.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
I still need to order the stuff to turn my poverty stick into a poverty hitbox.

Or ya know, just not be a cheap-ass and buy a fucking hitbox.
I would recommend Arcadeshock, FocusAttack, and ParadiseArcade. I personally like ParadiseArcade the most because of all the orders I did for my Sticks they always ship ASAP.