What's new

trying to learn how to Use a Hitbox

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Hit the lab and learn the most basic of basic BnB's. You are starting again from absolute scratch. It will take a few weeks of doing lower damaging BnB's, if you're like me by day 1.5 you'll be annoyed at that you can't do what you want and just power through it. It took me about a week at most to get back to where I was on pad, however I realise that's not the norm. For a good couple of weeks you will struggle man, but this will make your life so much better and you won't regret putting in the work.

I played tekken 6 with a hitbox and found spending a lot of time in the lab with the AI on a medium setting and just trying to evade/block/dodge everything to get my character movement down first, i found the comboing part of using a hitbox the easiest part of learning it

Hruza Da Bruza

Must Mash Harder!!!!!
Start teaching yourself to use your Right thumb as your jump button. Like everyone is saying take it slow. give it a few weeks and everything will just become second nature. I love my Hitbox and been using it since early 2012 and will never use any other peripheral for fighting games.

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
I just labbed combos for a while until I felt comfortable and then started playing my clan mates to push through. I'd say about two weeks to where I was on pad. Never going back again.

Also for button layout I use:

1, 2, block, Interactable
3, 4, Throw, Stance switch.

But it's all personal preference.

Edit: Check out their YouTube channel too

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Start teaching yourself to use your Right thumb as your jump button. Like everyone is saying take it slow. give it a few weeks and everything will just become second nature. I love my Hitbox and been using it since early 2012 and will never use any other peripheral for fighting games.
I thought you were supposed to do that lol. The thought of using left thumb is just... Confusing in my head. My lord lol.

Learning Hitbox is about relearning. It feels very unnatural at first but after a while that goes away and it starts to feel normal.

One of the biggest problems is that most controller users regardless of stick and pad are only doing a few things at once. Moving the stick/pad and also pressing 1 or 2 and occasionally 3 buttons at once. With a hitbox you are pressing many buttons at once. I liken it to playing a piano. Your brain is thinking in a multitasking way that is just not capable of some people. it is the al joke.. can you whistle hope rub your tummy and pat your head. Same kind of thing.. you are doing so much at once that you get all flustered.

Again, it is just practise. Still I suspect that some people will never be able to use a hitbox.

I thought you were supposed to do that lol. The thought of using left thumb is just... Confusing in my head. My lord lol.
I experimented with using that button for block in MKx. hehe

HazeXIII

Smoke Is Back Yes Yes Yes
It's my first day it sucks that I'm trash AGAIN But the goal is 2 be GODLIKE so I will power thru

Reactions: GAV

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
My old boxing trainer used to say that how good you are as a boxer depends primarily upon how many things you can manage at once without becoming mentally, physically, or emotionally over-encumbered. It sounds to me like its kind of like that.

HazeXIII

Smoke Is Back Yes Yes Yes
Quick question I am super good with instant airs on pad with my Liu Kang how do I do them on hitbox because I'm up bk F 1 and it does not pop out at all -_- and should I have input shortcuts on @Scott The Scot

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
How is the stick better lmaoo I think the hitbox is way better don't you have to always go back 2 neutral with ur inputs
Not really no, or at least not long enough for it to matter, besides it is all based on preference, I personally prefer stick, but that doesn't make me better than the person with the standard controller, and that doesn't make them better than the person with the hitbox etc. It is all preference

Derwood1979

Professional Procrastinator
Quick question I am super good with instant airs on pad with my Liu Kang how do I do them on hitbox because I'm up bk F 1 and it does not pop out at all -_- and should I have input shortcuts on @Scott The Scot
Slow it down. And make sure youre releasing eachbutton before pressing the next one. Not releasing between each press will give you the diagonal inputs you dont want.