What's new

Guide "Try to Keep up" - Flash combo thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So there's no extra input at all between the normal combo and the special? Then what's the point of putting xx at all? Why not assume all inputs in a string transition into each other?

If that's all a cancel is, then you should stop sending people to that thread. It's not good info for new players learning about canceling. That page gives you a link which defines canceling "as breaking out of a current animation or move by inputing another move that cancels the previous one." But since you don't need to do another move between 1, 1, 2 and down, forward, 2, that definition is very misleading.
Canceling merely refers to cutting one animation short in favor of another. How and when you input cancelable attacks is another matter altogether.

In Injustice and MK9, you generally cannot cancel a normal attack at any point during its animation. The inputs are indeed very strict.

Keep learning, you'll come to realize why xx or ~ are important.

TimTim

Don't Hate
I don't want to be that guy but I don't think the flash combo thread is for explaining the combo system that is universal to every fighting game.
Some thing that would be relevant is can someone organize and redo all of flash's combos? I know it's a huge task but when a character doesn't have a good combo OP he is crippled.

Xenrail

Noob
I don't want to be that guy but I don't think the flash combo thread is for explaining the combo system that is universal to every fighting game.
Some thing that would be relevant is can someone organize and redo all of flash's combos? I know it's a huge task but when a character doesn't have a good combo OP he is crippled.
ill do this eventually with several variations for same damage %.

OP seemed to have abandoned his thread. So i'll most likely make a spreadsheet to where users can modify it if i'm not available

AYSAMO

Noob
I have a really easy 1 bar trait combo that I almost never drop. Been doing it since Day 1.

any starter xx LK MB (Trait), LK, LK, LK, B22 LK, B22 Sonic Pound. 52% normally.

After the 3rd raw LK you have to pause for a moment if they are floating really high or the LK after b22 will whiff. This basically carries them to the corner of any stage, too.

Xenrail

Noob
I have a really easy 1 bar trait combo that I almost never drop. Been doing it since Day 1.

any starter xx LK MB (Trait), LK, LK, LK, B22 LK, B22 Sonic Pound. 52% normally.

After the 3rd raw LK you have to pause for a moment if they are floating really high or the LK after b22 will whiff. This basically carries them to the corner of any stage, too.
i have a variation of this with 3 LK (due to online lag) that can pick pick up the opponent higher into the juggle. good combo though

AYSAMO

Noob
i have a variation of this with 3 LK (due to online lag) that can pick pick up the opponent higher into the juggle. good combo though
If you use sonic pound MB and dash up first this combo does 55% and is a lot easier to juggle, especially if you prefer 6 LKs for the max damage. I'll try using 3LK online. I drop this shit online all day but it's cake offline for some reason lol.

Xenrail

Noob
If you use sonic pound MB and dash up first this combo does 55% and is a lot easier to juggle, especially if you prefer 6 LKs for the max damage. I'll try using 3LK online. I drop this shit online all day but it's cake offline for some reason lol.
yeah same. here's my variation. does 51-52%. even if they drop pretty low you can force them back up.

any starter xx MB (Trait) xx Lightning kick (3) xx b22, b22f3 xx Sonic Pound. bam super easy lol

SaJa

FH_FenriR
yeah same. here's my variation. does 51-52%. even if they drop pretty low you can force them back up.

any starter xx MB (Trait) xx Lightning kick (3) xx b22, b22f3 xx Sonic Pound. bam super easy lol
Only 4 specials :(

Xenrail

Noob
Only 4 specials :(
that's only if you notice the lag is making them drop during trait. i've been pretty consistent with 5 specials. on really amazing connections and with proper lag accounting i've done 6.

51% is pretty good for fixing a mistake isntead of a 37-44%

SaJa

FH_FenriR
My biggest problem is to drop 1 meter no trait best combos online. b2, 2, df1 MB, d2, b3, Ji3, b2, 2, f3 charge (40% + b3). And b2, 2, df1 MB, 2, 1, b2, 2, f3, charge (42%) :>
So instead I go for the 37% b2, 2, f3 x2.

Xenrail

Noob
My biggest problem is to drop 1 meter no trait best combos online. b2, 2, df1 MB, d2, b3, Ji3, b2, 2, f3 charge (40% + b3). And b2, 2, df1 MB, 2, 1, b2, 2, f3, charge (42%) :>
So instead I go for the 37% b2, 2, f3 x2.
i'm making my combo thread right now.

41% f21 sonic pound (mb) 21, b22f3 lightning charge
42% b22 lightning kick (mb) 21, b22f3 lightning charge
43% 112 lightning kick (mb) 21, b22f3 lightning charge

corner

42% no meter b22f3 xx lightning kick xx 11, 11, 112, lightning charge

new thread up

keflex

Noob
I've been trying to get the crouching 1 2 + lightning kicks to come out but I've been having trouble with it. Any tips?
Start d1,2 from the crouch block position (holding diagonal down & back), then just roll from diagonal d/b to f+1. Works everytime.

[edit]

To clarify, instead of using d1,2 use d/b1,2; you can just roll to f+1 and won't need to let the stick go to neutral.

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
i'm making my combo thread right now.

41% f21 sonic pound (mb) 21, b22f3 lightning charge
42% b22 lightning kick (mb) 21, b22f3 lightning charge
43% 112 lightning kick (mb) 21, b22f3 lightning charge

corner

42% no meter b22f3 xx lightning kick xx 11, 11, 112, lightning charge

new thread up
I haven't tested it against the whole cast, but at least for sinestro, the meterless corner combo you listed is stance specific. If you are facing the opposite way from your opponent, the lightning kick will go through them.

Status
Not open for further replies.