What's new

TrueUnderDawgGaming TierList

ZeroSymbolic

Social Justice Barbarian
His tier list echos REO's and the really early one from Honeybee, but I just liked his presentation of it. He talked a little bit more about his reasoning than those videos did, and acknowledged casual play a bit more. I think it's good stuff. Here it is:

Note: An effort was made to also rank them within their respective tiers, so order does matter here if only a small amount.
S-Geras, Erron Black, Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Sonya
A-Liu Kang, Kabal, Baraka, Jax, Jacqui, Skarlet, Kitana
B-Jade, Noob-Saibot, Cetrion, Kollector, Frost, Cassey Cage, Raiden, Johnny Cage
C-Kano, Shao Kahn, Kung Lao, Kotal Kahn, D'Vorah

Last edited:

ZeroSymbolic

Social Justice Barbarian
My quick thoughts: I love this game very much. Unfortunately right now if you are playing against the S-Class without also being in the S-Class it's very tough. Those characters aside from Sonya have tools that allow them to circumvent the neutral play that was supposed to be an emphasized element with MK11, while Sonya just has really crazy damage. Geras, Erron, Sub, and Scorpion are playing by a different set of rules than the rest of the cast, or at least it feels that way. Often times we think in terms of Nerf or Buff, but I feel in these situations re-working is the way to go.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Skarlet keeps bouncing between A and B in many tier lists
I don't have much time to grind this game as of now, but i can see reason why she is put on A and B often.

She is put on B because some think this is where she will be once players start to flawless block her gaps.
She is put on A because some think despite the flawless gaps she can still bypass with different moves in between like blood ball which makes her plus instead, stagger pokes and so on.

So far i really have no idea where Skarlet is on tier list, and i play mostly online, learn and i gather data, so far i think her hardest MU is Erron black, due the fact that he can absorb all her projectiles so he never deals with her, and up close he is a nightmare, while mid range he is also good, there is no part of the game where Skarlet outranges him so she is always at his mercy without a doubt, all others S tiers are all manageable.

Jade with lag its a nightmare, but when is reduced you can usually take advantage of that to counter play her much better no matter if you stay on distance or up close.

Her play is really straight forward, nothing too crazy but seems pretty effective, she has ways to hit you on every mistake and puts you back on starting point no matter how she hits you, either is with a string in the ground or with a jab anti air, and if a character has a huge disadvantage staying fullscreen this is pretty much a 6-4 situation for her.

Her plus frames nets her a small 50-50 game where she doesn't gain combos unless you try to disrespect her, but sets up 2 krushing blows by landing an overhead once, or by landing a thrown whenever she is that plus, and when both are set to happen on the next hit in case you are forced to guess between them, it sets up her hardest Krushing Blow to hit which is B1, 2, so you can't disrespect throw, and if you respect the overhead her lows will start to become much harder to deal with.

But where she really shines IMO, despite being fullscreen against most characters or mid range, is in the corner, if Skarlet corners 80% of the cast they are so dead, because there is no space to back up, she has all the range in the world to keep you cornered and tools to keep you there, do combos and anything she desires as much as she needs.

MKX: Scorp, Subzero, Geras, Sonya, Erron Black
Good: Cassie, Jacqui, Jax, Baraka, Kabal, Liu Kang, Kitana, Noob Saibot, Skarlet
Alright: Kano, Cetrion, Kollector, Raiden, Johnny, Jade, Shao Khan, Kung Lao
Bugged/trash: Kotal Khan, Frost, Dvorah

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
I usually like TrueUnderDawgs character guides, but this list I was not a fan of. Or at least his approach. For every character he was like: "This character doesn't have any mix-ups. Low tier." He is still living in the MKX past.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
He seems pretty uninformed about a lot of characters, specifically the lower tier ones.

For KL, he says because 21212 starts with three highs, he cant pressure at all and has no mixups. He said Kotal doesnt have mixups, gets no follow up after command throw, and that he can only combo off f122 with a KB. He doesnt mention Raiden's corner game/damage at all. He says Cassie has no mixups.

It's like he thinks the only kind of mixup is to get +1 on block and apply a 50/50

He seems pretty uninformed about a lot of characters, specifically the lower tier ones.

For KL, he says because 21212 starts with three highs, he cant pressure at all and has no mixups. He said Kotal doesnt have mixups, gets no follow up after command throw, and that he can only combo off f122 with a KB. He doesnt mention Raiden's corner game/damage at all. He says Cassie has no mixups.

It's like he thinks the only kind of mixup is to get +1 on block and apply a 50/50
He also said that Kano lives and dies by his "true 50/50s" because both of them are full combo punishable, which isn't true at all. First, he doesn't even have true 50/50s, because his overhead is 25 frames. Second, his OH is completely safe.

Cassie in B tier? She has a 9 frame advancing mid that's neutral on block, a fast and far-reaching high that leads to a krushing blow and is neutral on block, a fast advancing combo starter mid and probably the best zoning in the game. Her spacing tools and whiff punishing are way too good for her to be anything less than A tier.

Methysan

Noob
I usually like TrueUnderDawgs character guides, but this list I was not a fan of. Or at least his approach. For every character he was like: "This character doesn't have any mix-ups. Low tier." He is still living in the MKX past.

In my experience, his character guides are incomplete and rushed out on day 1, and his combo videos are very non-optimal. After I saw a few of his videos way back I've actively avoided taking any advice from him.

MuMuGuy

Noob
In my experience, his character guides are incomplete and rushed out on day 1, and his combo videos are very non-optimal. After I saw a few of his videos way back I've actively avoided taking any advice from him.
Yep, you’re right. TrueUnderDawg sucks at most of the games he plays. At least he doesn’t whine and make excuses for his losses and only upload his wins to his YouTube, like Tru3ta1ent.

Last edited:

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Cassie in B tier? She has a 9 frame advancing mid that's neutral on block, a fast and far-reaching high that leads to a krushing blow and is neutral on block, a fast advancing combo starter mid and probably the best zoning in the game. Her spacing tools and whiff punishing are way too good for her to be anything less than A tier.
Honestly, even though I've had only about a week thus far that I've dedicated to Cassie, her only real flaw that I can think of is that her low pokes have terrible reach and the hitbox on her D2 is arguably the worst in the game. Aside from that, she's an overall well-balanced character.

Not a fan of this tier list at all. He keeps citing "no mixups" as to why characters are not good. This game is about spacing, whiff punishing and utilizing throws.

His assessment of noob was pretty bad too. His variant 2 spirit ball is his prime projectile and it is very good. He says noob isnt good because shadow tackle is weak. Tackle is mainly used to end certain combos, not to try and win projectile trades. Noobs normals also have good range and he has one of the better d3 in the game