What's new

Strategy True King of Atlantis -- Aquaman General Discussion Thread

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Dude what type of Aquaman main are you? I started maining Aquaman because of my suspicions that my main, which is Superman, will be nerfed to the ground. Now I'm hearing the Aquaman nerf pleas too. It is frustrating and that is why this community is a joke. It is history repeating itself. I hope NRS delays the patching after all the dlc is done.
What kind of Aquaman main am I? One that is honest about the stupidity of my character. I personally would rather they wait to patch the game too, but that isn't happening. So we might as well be honest about how good our character is so that they can balance Hythe game well, instead of downplaying just so that our character isn't nerfed

FrozenG3oX

<3 gimmicks
What kind of Aquaman main am I? One that is honest about the stupidity of my character. I personally would rather they wait to patch the game too, but that isn't happening. So we might as well be honest about how good our character is so that they can balance Hythe game well, instead of downplaying just so that our character isn't nerfed
We our not downplaying. Out character is top 5, but the only top char next to green lantern. He needs his trait to be good, at least thats what i think

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
We our not downplaying. Out character is top 5, but the only top char next to green lantern. He needs his trait to be good, at least thats what i think
Well we are talking about if superman and black Adam are nerfed too. Do you agree that if other top characters got nerfed and aquaman stayed the same he would be a problem? I mean if the cooldown was increased, we still get out of combos for free, we'd just have to be smarter about when we attack and how we manage our trait. He'd still be an amazing character.

FrozenG3oX

<3 gimmicks
Well we are talking about if superman and black Adam are nerfed too. Do you agree that if other top characters got nerfed and aquaman stayed the same he would be a problem? I mean if the cooldown was increased, we still get out of combos for free, we'd just have to be smarter about when we attack and how we manage our trait. He'd still be an amazing character.
Yup, he should stay the same..superman would still be better and black adam would still have better mobility

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Black Adam, Wonder Woman, Superman and I think Doomsday, GL and maybe Hawkgirl are even.
So if they nerfed black adam and superman, (wonder woman may not be so whatever) but kept aquaman the same, those matchups would get better, and they aren't even that bad to start, so they would probably end up even, therefore aquaman would only have like 1 bad matchup. How is that okay?

FrozenG3oX

<3 gimmicks
So if they nerfed black adam and superman, (wonder woman may not be so whatever) but kept aquaman the same, those matchups would get better, and they aren't even that bad to start, so they would probably end up even, therefore aquaman would only have like 1 bad matchup. How is that okay?
The trait nerf won't change those match ups too much. What can they nerf ? you know what ?! make f1 negative ! fuck aquaman...he doesnt need it...hes OP...why not ? destroy him

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
The trait nerf won't change those match ups too much. What can they nerf ? you know what ?! make f1 negative ! fuck aquaman...he doesnt need it...hes OP...why not ? destroy him
Trait saves aquaman from getting hit by black Adams huge damage bnbs with trait cancels. A trait nerf would hurt him here. And trait helps get out of superman huge damage. So aquaman would keep his bad matchups but become more reasonable for the rest of the cast. This isn't destroying him at all. Stop bitching because people want a balanced game. I agree, the constant patching sucks, and having to adapt to a nerf suck... I was a sub zero player in mk. I know. But you have to be logical about this.

FrozenG3oX

<3 gimmicks
Trait saves aquaman from getting hit by black Adams huge damage bnbs with trait cancels. A trait nerf would hurt him here. And trait helps get out of superman huge damage. So aquaman would keep his bad matchups but become more reasonable for the rest of the cast. This isn't destroying him at all. Stop bitching because people want a balanced game. I agree, the constant patching sucks, and having to adapt to a nerf suck... I was a sub zero player in mk. I know. But you have to be logical about this.
Aquaman was already nerfed twice...isn't it enough ?

Shawi

Noob
Not if he is going to end up with maybe one or two bad matchups and beats 80 percent of the cast
Do you think if a character has a full list of 5-5 matchups with maybe 4 or 5 winning match ups, would that make him broken, or balanced? (This is not my opinion of the aquaman matchup chart btw)

FrozenG3oX

<3 gimmicks
I'm not gonna post in here till the next patch comes out...if Aquaman's trait is nerfed a bit, ok...Im ok with it. If its shit, well Aquaman ain't winnin' shit in the future...

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Do you think if a character has a full list of 5-5 matchups with maybe 4 or 5 winning match ups, would that make him broken, or balanced? (This is not my opinion of the aquaman matchup chart btw)
That is an interesting question. I would say they would undoubtedly be high tier, and losing no matchups is a pretty big deal. If they were balanced or broken would depend on what other characters matchup charts looked like. I know I would rather a character with a lot of even matchups than one with lots of winning and losing but not many in between. Sounds like a really good tournament character.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I'm not gonna post in here till the next patch comes out...if Aquaman's trait is nerfed a bit, ok...Im ok with it. If its shit, well Aquaman ain't winnin' shit in the future...
I didn't want to seem like an asshole, just discussing. I can come off as a little abrasive. But I don't think we should be too worried. Aquaman will always be a solid character due to his awesome normals and chip damage, and the way he can control the screen with FTD. They would have to destroy him to make him not viable.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
your aquaman - black adam match up wont matter anymore after adam gets nerfed to the ground...i sooo want NRS to destroy this character...
.... who cares. We might as well play the game we have. I have two tournaments in the next two weeks. One of them, Rico will be there. We should be working hard on leveling up, maybe the matchup isn't that bad and we need to play it better. Waiting for nerfs is just lazy.... and if we work on it now, we will fight him even better if he gets nerfed. And I'll be pissed if he gets nerfed into the ground personally.

FrozenG3oX

<3 gimmicks
.... who cares. We might as well play the game we have. I have two tournaments in the next two weeks. One of them, Rico will be there. We should be working hard on leveling up, maybe the matchup isn't that bad and we need to play it better. Waiting for nerfs is just lazy.... and if we work on it now, we will fight him even better if he gets nerfed. And I'll be pissed if he gets nerfed into the ground personally.
u main lantern now...what match up ?!