What's new

Strategy True King of Atlantis -- Aquaman General Discussion Thread

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
it seems to blow up a lot of wake ups in the game...like almost all of them....even hawkgirls stupid charge. You just gotta learn the timing for each wake up
Yea I heard more about it. It's a meaty trident basically.. timed to hit after their invincibility is over? Useful, but why name it just frame trident?

Mr.Bruno

Noob
One quick question. Can the opponent fuzzy guard this "50/50" 223 or 22 low scoop ?
I use this kind of 50/50, after the combo, then scoop trindent you do not finish the combo and do the reset after j3 you can apply the 50/50 and most other mixup Aquaman their will

Mr.Bruno

Noob
but I wonder if it's a true 50/50 or can you see it..
Yes man, from the moment you get confused with this kind of strategy is viable 50/50, but has plenty aquaman techniques for various situations it is up to you know that situations and apply them at the right time, leaving your game unpredictable creating openings in the fight

What's giving you problems?
Pretty much everything lol. cant win air to air. cant win up close because it feels like his staff out ranges my trident. cant win the zoning war of course. His B2 is an awesome one hit launcher that easily punishes my B12 on wiff. and what are you supposed to do against all that strings canceled into flip kick its like a free combo every time he touches me. I don't have problems like this with other characters. it feels like a really bad matchup.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Pretty much everything lol. cant win air to air. cant win up close because it feels like his staff out ranges my trident. cant win the zoning war of course. His B2 is an awesome one hit launcher that easily punishes my B12 on wiff. and what are you supposed to do against all that strings canceled into flip kick its like a free combo every time he touches me. I don't have problems like this with other characters. it feels like a really bad matchup.
For strings into flip kick, why don't you take it to the training lab and learn to block it? If you are losing air to air, stay grounded, d2. If he is backing up out of b1 range, set up a hard to AA j2. That should help you set up some b1s. As far as long range goes, you should be able to compete...

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
hey guys I recently picked up AM as my second main , but I dont rly know how he should be played ? mostly I dont understand his upclose game so someone help pls explain