What's new

True block string and block gap algorithm find

One thing i forgot to add is a little caveat regarding the strings that are plus on block. Because your character recovers so much faster than the opponent, you can essentially negate plus on block strings altogether, guaranteeing you that they'll be true block strings. An example of this can be seen in Batman's 1,2 string. It technically has a 5 frame gap, but it's impossible to do anything with those 5 frames due to you being stuck in more block stun. Hope that makes sense!

I'll keep adding little things like this if folks find it helpful. I can also clean it up a bit if that works.

lol it's all good, just ff towards 15min or so. Wanted to give some backstory so it didn't sound like I was pulling this outta my a** lol

So I just tested a few characters and found there are a couple anomalies out there. I believe the block advantage of the current move plays some kind of role when it comes to tight gaps (2-6 frames). I'll need to spend some time in Adobe Premiere tonight to figure out what's different about these vs. the others.

If anyone knows why some of these anomalies are occurring, please fill me in! Any help is greatly appreciated.

P.S. Sorry, I know I can be long winded. What can I say, I love to talk! :D