What's new

Troubles with Noob

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I was just in a KotH match on XBL a few minutes ago, and the guy that was dominating the Hill was a Noob player. I have nothing against the character, just the people who are really spammy. I'm guessing you can tell where this is going.

The whole match consisted of either sitting on one end of the screen and throwing out tackle or slide, and if he got close all he did was jump on both sides of me and punch, so I couldn't block low or get hit by and overhead into a combo, and if I let my block down i eat the punch and get fucked. I was playing as Jade, so obviously that made things more difficult but I like her character a lot and I'm determined to learn her playstyle. But how do you get around these kinds of Noobs? I try not to let nerves get to me but I get really frustrated when I play people like this because I can't get around the pressure. I know you can jump over tackle, but then he can just teleport slam. Like dafuq?

So other than getting around spammy Noobs, how else can you handle pressure on this game? How to react to pressure? Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I'm new to the forums :eek:
Best person to ask about Jade reporting in.
Alright. Noob Saibot is an 8-2 favourable matchup to Jade. You can green flash and block and wait, low boomerang when you read that he'll step on it and use wakeup shadow kick or staff slam like crazy because those players are stupid as shit. Be ready to block and punish his teleport.

Your punish is b1 or 3 into staff overhead, b2, 12, 12 ~ and then either staff grab, enhanced boomerang, shadow kick or 4f3 to finish depending on where you want the opponent.

If you're actually fighting a NS player who has half a brain, remember that Jade's low poke is really good. It can anti-air people, though you might want to backdash or forward dash and catch him when he lands from the jump. You can brute force out with green flash on wakeup, it makes you invincible for a few frames, or ex-shadowkick to send him to the corner and force him to either block if he's smart and eat your blockstring (23f2 into any special that works at the time, preferably low ex-boomerang or any ex-boomerang depending what he's doing.)
After you connect a d1, d3 or d4 you can automatically go for a 4~special it will beat out all his options.
Best AA is purple glow into breaking his face but your njp is really good into b2, 12, 12~ previous followups as I said.

Hope this helps. Just learn to use your green and block, its 1f startup makes you immune to all but the teleport, which then you can block and punish if you learn to react to it. Noob struggles against a good Jade.

Altanic

Rvin_Drops
Another Noob Saibot hater.... nothing new here. :coffee:

Noob Saibot is so OP. He has no losing match ups.
I don't hate Noob, I just had trouble with this matchup. I only hate Noob when people spam -_- but honestly he is a really cool character.

LucaTheRipper

RULES OF NATURE!
I know that feel :/ Yesterday i played against a scrub using Liu Kang and Jason, he only knew low fireball, uppercut and f444 and with Jason just 111, projectiles and uppercut of course, not to mention the yolo x-rays out of nowhere... The laggy netcode helped this asshole a lot tho. I was so pissed that every time i'll attack him, he just uppercut me, passing through everything i did like nothing happened -.- Glad Kung Jin is good against those casual braindeads. In MK9 Smoke was my main, really good against projectile spammers.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
I don't hate Noob, I just had trouble with this matchup. I only hate Noob when people spam -_- but honestly he is a really cool character.
I'm just messin ;p

A good Noob Saibot is really hard to deal with and he usually doesn't just spam to win, so it's hard for me to believe this Noob was raping in this koth by spamming. Cause a good Noob doesn't "spam"

Altanic

Rvin_Drops
I'm just messin ;p

A good Noob Saibot is really hard to deal with and he usually doesn't just spam to win, so it's hard for me to believe this Noob was raping in this koth by spamming. Cause a good Noob doesn't "spam"
He wasn't only spamming stuff, and his first match as KotH winner was vs me. If I was across the screen, it was either tackle or slide. If he was in my face, we would jump back and forth, in front of me and behind me throwing out jip's. If he got me with a jip hed go right into (I think this is the combo) f112 (I think? The one where he hits you, then the shadow punches you downward and then Noob punches you away.) I didn't stay long enough to see if he was raping, Im sure he got taken down by someone lol. I admittedly just got pissed and was like "Screw this I'm not playing this kind of game."

Altanic

Rvin_Drops
I know that feel :/ Yesterday i played against a scrub using Liu Kang and Jason, he only knew low fireball, uppercut and f444 and with Jason just 111, projectiles and uppercut of course, not to mention the yolo x-rays out of nowhere... The laggy netcode helped this asshole a lot tho. I was so pissed that every time i'll attack him, he just uppercut me, passing through everything i did like nothing happened -.- Glad Kung Jin is good against those casual braindeads. In MK9 Smoke was my main, really good against projectile spammers.
Isn't it the worst feeling ever when you lose to those kinds of people? Like you know you can beat them but they still give you trouble. Maybe it's just me though lol. Sometimes I do really well and other times I get totally wrecked and flustered by the kinds of people that I played earlier today.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I'm sorry you took offense to this. I never said I was the best player around, I'm obviously not or else I wouldn't have come here asking for help. I didn't make any excuses. If I lost the match then it's obviously my fault for playing poorly. I didn't say he was bad, he knew his combos, I just couldn't figure out what to do. And if I'm playing the game then I'm putting in work.. And I'm asking for help so I can get better and put in more work..?
I didn't take offense. It's just tough love. In all things competitive, the less excuses we make - the faster we will improve.

We've all had our moments. If you can circumvent the learning curve by realizing early on that everything is acceptable when you're playing to win, you're going to be a better player for it. Don't judge; just compete.

GAV

Isn't it the worst feeling ever when you lose to those kinds of people? Like you know you can beat them but they still give you trouble. Maybe it's just me though lol. Sometimes I do really well and other times I get totally wrecked and flustered by the kinds of people that I played earlier today.
Everyone should feel bad when they lose. Otherwise, where does motivation come from?

The best players don't measure themselves against their opponents. They measure themselves against their own high expectations.

"Be water, my friend." - Bruce Lee

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Noob loses to a majority of the cast. The reason you're losing is not because of the character, but because of a terrible netcode made by a bunch of amateur game developers. Hope that clears things up.

InFlames

dead
I know Jade can just glow past his zoning but I just wanted to let you know that Noob's projectiles are absolutely terrible, If you block one you can basically dash in half screen for free. MK9 has a shit training mode, horrid online, and no frame data in game so I can understand people having trouble with Noob if they aren't familiar with the MU.

Altanic

Rvin_Drops
I didn't take offense. It's just tough love. In all things competitive, the less excuses we make - the faster we will improve.

We've all had our moments. If you can circumvent the learning curve by realizing early on that everything is acceptable when you're playing to win, you're going to be a better player for it. Don't judge; just compete.
I wasn't trying to make excuses, I was just bothered by the way he played and that I couldn't figure out a way around it with Jade. And yeah that is true about playing to win, and I do understand, things like that still bother me though, yanno?

Everyone should feel bad when they lose. Otherwise, where does motivation come from?

The best players don't measure themselves against their opponents. They measure themselves against their own high expectations.

True :)

I know Jade can just glow past his zoning but I just wanted to let you know that Noob's projectiles are absolutely terrible, If you block one you can basically dash in half screen for free. MK9 has a shit training mode, horrid online, and no frame data in game so I can understand people having trouble with Noob if they aren't familiar with the MU.
The online is okay sometimes if you're doing 1v1 vs someone who has a pretty good connection. A friend of mine and I play sometimes and as long as its us 2 it feels about as smooth as it would be offline. My friend I mentioned was attempting to learn Noob but he had trouble figuring out his more extensive combos. I don't know how I never realized you can dash in after his projectile. I just figure the moment I let my guard down and attempt to move in I'm going to get teleslammed.

Altanic

Rvin_Drops

I read that a few more times and I see what you're saying now. When you play to win, anything and everything is acceptable. Tactics that might be frowned upon are still valid if they are working against your opponent. I just want to learn how to be able to beat those tactics. But I guess the more you play the better you get right?

What do you mean by not measuring yourself against your opponent? Like comparing yourself to them?

GAV

I read that a few more times and I see what you're saying now. When you play to win, anything and everything is acceptable. Tactics that might be frowned upon are still valid if they are working against your opponent. I just want to learn how to be able to beat those tactics. But I guess the more you play the better you get right?

What do you mean by not measuring yourself against your opponent? Like comparing yourself to them?
Yup.

The best players have a standard they must meet with when they play. Their opponent only matters if he's formidable enough to push those standards; to force adjustments and/or evolution as a player.

For example, Sonic Fox just started streaming ranked games - so he's playing against many players that have no chance against him. Although it isn't the most constructive use of time for improving, it won't hurt him as a player - because he has strict standards in place and he expects to play up to them each and every game. He's only playing his opponent when his opponent pushes him to adjust - or evolve. At all other times, he's merely living up to his own standards as a player.