What's new

Question - Commando Trouble with pokes into tickthow

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
Been trying to learn Kano lately, got a good feel for CT and Cyber, but his Commando variation appeals to me the most; only problem is dbf/dfb command grabs.

I see others tick-throwing pokes (d1,d4) into command grabs but to me that input literally seems impossible. I often drop the combo ender 50% of the time due to command grab input.

Is there something I'm not doing? Is it the fact I'm using PS4 controller? Should I be using the analog? Any help would be much appreciated.

DC4-3

Low tier button masher.
With certain pokes into command grabs you can cheat by doing d(1,3,4) into bf(whatever button is his command grab).

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Thanks heaps guys, appreciate it.
Does it also work though if B1 ticks into dbf4 by doing: B1, DF4?
Nah. The reason it works for D4~BF4 is because there's a directional buffer, so when you do the down input it stays in that directional buffer for a short amount of time and when you follow up that input with the BF directions then the buffer has DBF in it and the 4 you press after the F triggers the command grab. B1~BF4 would put BBF in the directional buffer which of course aren't the directional inputs for the command grab which is why it doesn't work for that. So you can do D1, D3 or D4 cancelled into BF4 and it will still trigger the command grab since DBF is in the directional buffer but not for F33, B1 or any other ticks he has. For those ones you need to do the full command grab input.

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
Nah. The reason it works for D4~BF4 is because there's a directional buffer, so when you do the down input it stays in that directional buffer for a short amount of time and when you follow up that input with the BF directions then the buffer has DBF in it and the 4 you press after the F triggers the command grab. B1~BF4 would put BBF in the directional buffer which of course aren't the directional inputs for the command grab which is why it doesn't work for that. So you can do D1, D3 or D4 cancelled into BF4 and it will still trigger the command grab since DBF is in the directional buffer but not for F33, B1 or any other ticks he has. For those ones you need to do the full command grab input.
Really appreciate the detailed response man, thank you!