What's new

Match-up Discussion trouble with cage :(

boomanem

Noob
smoke is my alt character and im guess im pretty advanced with him but against johnny cages i suck -,- i need to know how to punish some of johnny cages moves but i dont know how cuz his too quick. any suggestions?

hardwire

Noob
smoke is my alt character and im guess im pretty advanced with him but against johnny cages i suck -,- i need to know how to punish some of johnny cages moves but i dont know how cuz his too quick. any suggestions?
ex shake and get the hell out of the corner by any means nessisary

no seriously if you let cage keep you in there its gg

try to read shadow kicks and smoke bomb them on wiff

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
I confirmed last night that smoke can prevent a wake up attack with an EX smoke cloud. If cage is giving you problems with his powerful wake up game, end your juggles with a well timed EX smoke cloud. As soon as they hit the ground they do not have time to get off a wake up attack if you time the EX smoke cloud perfect. If he is blocking or tries to do a wake up attck he will get stuffed and will be forced into block ( preventing the wake up attck.) If he does not block or attempt to perform a wake up attack you get the 10% unblockable damage.

It sounds weird, but it's true. When he's on the ground if he's holding the block button, he'll block the unscaled 10% smoke bomb. If he's not, he'll take the 10% damage and get tossed back a foot or so. The word unblockable really isn't proper in this context but it's what practice mode reports it as being.

fleshmasher

i got the poison
Stupid practice mode.
Well it's actually the exact opposite, because blocking often is the only thing that saves you from that :en bomb.

SZSR

Noob
How much chip does the OTG Smoke Bomb do on block? I've seen it do some, but i'm not sure I want to waste meter on potentially chip damage.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
My main bnb butter with this combo is jump in combo punch-3,d1,2-dash-3,2-smoke cloud--then EX smoke cloud the instant they hit the ground ( and I mean the instant they hit the ground, takes pratice.)

SZSR

Noob
In pratice mode it does 2% damage.
Okay, that doesn't sound too bad for chipping, wish it was 3% though...

My main bnb butter with this combo is jump in combo punch-3,d1,2-dash-3,2-smoke cloud--then EX smoke cloud the instant they hit the ground ( and I mean the instant they hit the ground, takes pratice.)
How much damage percent? It sounds like a lot for a combo, unless it's easier than it looks to do the first part.

EDIT:You should also edit your posts together in the future, because double posting is not really allowed (you're not gonna get warned or anything, just if you don't do it a lot.)

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Okay, that doesn't sound too bad for chipping, wish it was 3% though...

How much damage percent? It sounds like a lot for a combo, unless it's easier than it looks to do the first part.

EDIT:You should also edit your posts together in the future, because double posting is not really allowed (you're not gonna get warned or anything, just if you don't do it a lot.)
Ok, thanks man. I am new to this. The combo does 31% damage + 2% chip damage = 33%. If they do not block you get the extra 10% damage on top of the 31% for a total of 41%

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
I would suggest familiarizing yourself with a higher damaging bnb, if you score a jump in punch you can get a guaranteed 41% with no meter at all

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Thats my main bnb for that particullar set up. Not my highest damaging combo. My max combo no meter is 43% + 10% from otg smoke cloud for a total of 53%. However, it does not prevent a wake up attack.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
oh I see, you meant that with regard to ending with ex bomb. My mistake. Still, you can throw an EX smokebomb at the end of any combo though, so to me it makes the most sense that if you land a jump punch and open a full combo opportunity to do the 41% midscreen or 44% corner combo (max damage) and throw an EX bomb after it's over. It should still stuff any wake up attempt.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
That is true, but I perfer to do it off the regular smoke cloud early in the combo because it feels easier and keeps them close. I can pressure, cross up jump punch, throw or sweep. The other combo does more damage for sure but leaves them futher away and harder to mix up in my opinion. I definitly use that corner combo though.