What's new

Triumph and Evolution: The Next Chapter is Coming...

GamerBlake90

Catch me if you can!
Premium Supporter
Around the time Mortal Kombat 9 was released, scenes from around the globe erupted with unquenchable enthusiasm for the game. Each of these scenes gradually formed their respective teams in an effort to increase their skills and test themselves against the entire world in tournaments, minor and major alike, that would push them to their limits and beyond, in body and in spirit. The golden moments during which we achieved our places at Major League Gaming and Evolution only served to add to the fact that Mortal Kombat had cast an iron grip on the FGC, and even after two years, scenes continue to thrive from a combination of MK and the new DC fighting game known as Injustice: Gods Among Us, which would follow MK's release in two years.

One such scene includes Atlanta Kombat, which came to life after a series of Mortal Kombat tournaments were held at the Battle 'n' Brew venue. The players would also practice religiously at their own homes, and the moment AK Reno_Racks entered the picture, his home became the focal point for all the Atlanta players to convene at, ensuring the rapid growth of their scene. Whenever a challenge arose, you could always believe that their warriors were prepared to take up arms and meet the opposing armies on the battlefield.

Soon, they created their own weekly tournament called the Atlanta Kombat Arena, to be held every Friday at Reno's home. The competitive spirit has always run strong in the Atlanta FGC, which has come to be regarded as one of the most developed scenes in the entire world. Mortal Kombat, Tekken, Street Fighter, Injustice - you can name any game you wish and be surprised by how hard Atlanta backs it.

And now, in the weeks to come, a new chapter is about to unfold from within Atlanta Kombat...a storm that would increase in strength and size, sweeping through all corners of the country, its movement unopposed...an entity that could match the likes of Northeast Championships, SoCal Regionals, Final Round, and possibly even MLG and EVO...

The FGC is about to be revolutionized in a way that has never before been imagined.

The next step on the staggering staircase is about to be climbed.

All eyes are now upon Atlanta, anticipating an evolution that has begun within the shadows...

Attachments

Sami

Noob
After Pig discovered his inner beauty during the glamour photos thread, the entire of AK will now play in drag.

edit: Lets get these out of the way now shall we?
  • "Now you can announce an announcement and get front page on TYM"
  • "At least CDjr tweets had some content"
  • "Ban STORMS"
  • Superman f23 joke
  • 5 pages of Superman bitching
  • etc

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Seriously

expect a pretty large announcement soon and no it wont be anywhere around the scale of "we have a new weekly"

this will effect everyone

cpmd4

Slaughter is the Best Medicine
All that build-up with no immediate pay-off? Totally not my jive, man, I don't care for prolonged suspense. I WANT TO KNOW NOW.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
After Pig discovered his inner beauty during the glamour photos thread, the entire of AK will now play in drag.

• "Ban STORMS"
  • Superman f23 joke
  • etc
ban storms lol

YOMI Reno_Racks

I have a dream...

• "Ban STORMS"
  • Superman f23 joke
  • etc
When the next post explaining all the details through video is up, you will see why it deserved a teaser.

The FGC is about to have many new elements added to it's culture and operational standards.

We will all be witnessing history very soon.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
The FGC is about to have many new elements added to it's culture and operational standards.

Am I going to have to start wearing a suit and tie to future tournaments? Because that will suck. It's hard enough playing against some of you guys in tournament WITHOUT beautiful ladies surrounding me and taking a liking to my stylish threads, yo.

Sami

Noob
When the next post explaining all the details through video is up, you will see why it deserved a teaser.

Please don't tell me you actually bit on a post clearly designed to mock the typical front page responses...

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
My guess: Pig is now traveling to all majors in the USA to gives kisses to the winner of every match from pools through grand finals.