What's new

Question - TriBorg Triborgs best variation? Which one?

Which Tri-Borg Variation is officially the BEST overall so far?(discussion, opinions)

• Total voters

Icefyre

Shadows
on release it was plus 10, maybe you don't remember.

but i see they changed it on hotfix, they said they where going to change the incorrect data.. even though it was always 8 it was listed incorrectly as 10
My game data has said Smoke Bomb is +8 since I downloaded it on release day.

More on topic, I feel that Smoke is being downplayed a bit on a general scale. He's really strong as far as I'm concerned. I don't know if I'd consider him the best of the 4, but I certainly don't feel like he's the worst. He's got some dirt in his own way, for sure.

Last edited:

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
@Scott The Scot

can you test these moves for me

to me it doesnt look like either of the moves are plus 8

but maybe my eyes are mistaken.. i'm not feeling all that well, and don't wanna drive to pickup my PC with software, do you think you can see what they are exactly?

both times i was holding up and mistiming im sure, but getting different results

here is a link for ya to see it untill i get it uploaded

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/1ff64fed-1463-4edf-868b-09e3eec7083a?gamerTag=ESG Jagged&scid=03a80100-9ff3-46ea-be76-e00e7fe465df
I'll try and remember to do it tomorrow. Would give my cature card some use, haha.

FuzzyDunlop

AC/DC Bag > Ghost
Quick question guys, and it may seem silly, I was wondering which cyborg you guys felt was the easiest to play? I don't really have the heart to master an execution heavy cyborg such as CBZ, so maybe Sektor or Smoke? My boy will always be Jax but I'd like to learn a cyborg to reminisce my old MK days, thanks! Also due to my scrubiness one of the safer cyborgs would be better for me, one that I can take advantage of plus frames probably

Scott The Scot

my bad maybe im mistaken, could have sworn it was 10, maybe my shit was glitched..? sorry for the confusion, anyways, it deasnt seem like its even as much as 8 now anyways. and you know with nrs, they havent really kept thier data correct so far, so this should shed some light on what it really is weather it be 8 or less or more
It's all good man. Yeah Foxy said that either F4 wasn't 10 frames or EX Bomb wasn't +8 because he could beat the frametrap with Lao, iirc. Something's funky but meh. I'll test it later.

There's a few frame data stuff that's wrong. Damage outputs and frame advantage etc. I know for a fact that F2 isn't +29 and does 3% not 9%, haha.

FuzzyDunlop

AC/DC Bag > Ghost
Yeah been playing acidic alien, he's pretty fun but seems pretty difficult to get in, yeah I'm thinking Sektor or Smoke, appreciate it.

Scott The Scot

Quick question guys, and it may seem silly, I was wondering which cyborg you guys felt was the easiest to play? I don't really have the heart to master an execution heavy cyborg such as CBZ, so maybe Sektor or Smoke? My boy will always be Jax but I'd like to learn a cyborg to reminisce my old MK days, thanks! Also due to my scrubiness one of the safer cyborgs would be better for me, one that I can take advantage of plus frames probably
I'd say Smoke's quite easy because he's a setplay monster. One touch and you can make your opponent forced to guess. It's wonderful. You'll need to learn other stuff to beat fuzzy's though with more skilled opponents. That's the Smoke meta as of now anyway lol.

I feel like sektor is really good. Strong zoning, good normal's and footsies (f1, f2, f3, all are good to catch our opponent rushing in after harassing them with enough projectiles.) He's a really good punisher with f1 being an 8 frame advancing normal, standing 1 being a 7 frame punisher, and f2 being an advancing mid at 14 frames. Strong meter-less and metered damage (30%+ meterless, 35-40%+ metered), decent rush down with 1112, 114, up rocket and mb rocket setups, teleport is a good anti zoning tool and you can meter burn an air dash attack to keep it safe if blocked, has decent armor for wake up and reversals with mb flame thrower, and air to air conversions with him is a joke obviously. One of my favorite things to do with him is crossup jump 3 hit confirm into teleport when opponents are trying to low profile a jump in punch (ex. when johnny does his d4 to make your cross up jump attack miss), then punishing them 36% when doing it (I also say to myself, "now stop that shit" whenever I do it lol.) A strong anti air game with air dash and has push back if blocked so its not brain dead easy to punish. Has decent 50/50's And to top it off has decent armor breaking setups in the corner. I just feel like this character has it all, and is darn close to perfect. I really enjoy playing him.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Cyrax is the strongest character in the game. No two ways about it. His BS breaks the game. Bo Rai Cho with guaranteed combo resets do the same thing if you learn the timing, there may be an execution barrier there but that doesn't affect what the character is capable of.

People are sleeping on CSZ since both the nerf, and the fact that TB discovered how you can get out of his HTB set-ups on read, and his lack of presence at FR, seems like nobody is too worried about him anymore. However, his corner game is still really strong, and people are forgetting all the other reasons that make him really strong as well. He's a very powerful character even after the balancing, but definitely a lot fairer than the alternatives

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
CSZ is the best in the game

people are sleeping on him, the other triborgs will be forgotten after people learn the matchup.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Damn Cyrax and his Anti-Gravity bombs, i'm like WTF!! He should work for his combos, kinda have the feeling it was done on purpose.

MadeOfMetal

Cyrax is the strongest character in the game. No two ways about it. His BS breaks the game. Bo Rai Cho with guaranteed combo resets do the same thing if you learn the timing, there may be an execution barrier there but that doesn't affect what the character is capable of.

People are sleeping on CSZ since both the nerf, and the fact that TB discovered how you can get out of his HTB set-ups on read, and his lack of presence at FR, seems like nobody is too worried about him anymore. However, his corner game is still really strong, and people are forgetting all the other reasons that make him really strong as well. He's a very powerful character even after the balancing, but definitely a lot fairer than the alternatives
if you ask TYM bottom 5 characters thread, Bo is in Bottom 5. lol

I loooove when my character is the lowest in this kind of threads of "which one is better", i know that NRS is constantly watching around so i don expect less than a buff for Smoke A.K.A The "Worst" variation. :DOGE

MadeOfMetal

No that is bartitsu only. Drunken master and dragons breath are really good
its funny how it always works out for me... i dabbeled with Bo Rai cho a bit , and the one i liked the most for sum reason was Bartitsu.

lol right.

its like when i liked Mileena at day one. and Ferra torr and Kotal Day one.. they where all considered trash and i was a Jason Relentless player.

i have a bad track record with choosing mains.

i think im ok now. since alien Release i picked up Acidic and havent looked back. other than slow strings close up. i feel he/she is a force to be reckoned with.
i do however like CSZ and Cyrax and Pretty Lady Leather face(thats probably another known low tier version, but i feel its complete. zoning, restand, mixup's and armor and great pokes)

what variation do you think is Leatherfaces Best?

is it butcher? or Killer?

like i said i have a tract record of falling for the lesser of the two. Hat trick, Noxious, Warrior, Unstoppable/relentless(Jason on day one now i think they are tournament viable)

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
its funny how it always works out for me... i dabbeled with Bo Rai cho a bit , and the one i liked the most for sum reason was Bartitsu.

lol right.

its like when i liked Mileena at day one. and Ferra torr and Kotal Day one.. they where all considered trash and i was a Jason Relentless player.

i have a bad track record with choosing mains.

i think im ok now. since alien Release i picked up Acidic and havent looked back. other than slow strings close up. i feel he/she is a force to be reckoned with.
i do however like CSZ and Cyrax and Pretty Lady Leather face(thats probably another known low tier version, but i feel its complete. zoning, restand, mixup's and armor and great pokes)

what variation do you think is Leatherfaces Best?

is it butcher? or Killer?

like i said i have a tract record of falling for the lesser of the two. Hat trick, Noxious, Warrior, Unstoppable/relentless(Jason on day one now i think they are tournament viable)
The thing is I like bartitsu as well, it is just bad though :( but I think that all of leatherface variations are equally good and have a time and place for eachother. If I had to close the weakest I would probably say butcher IMO but he is still really good.

Doctor Rektangle

Think outside the Box
Slightly off topic but you guys remember when people were advocating for tournaments to be Winner is character locked but not variation locked?

I can only imagine how that would've been with any KP2 character.

That aside I'll say that 100% optimized in a vacuum of no dropped combos and everything is FRAME perfect. Cyrax is probably god. One NET and a dream and he could run the round especially with the throw mix up.

But consistent wise I'll rank them

1. Ketchup
2. Ice Cube
3. MUSTARD
4. BBQ GRILL

The Cook Out bros. Are back.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
I remember how Tom Brady was bodying everyone with Week 1 GM SZ and harassing them in his salesman voice. Oh wait, I don't. There was nothing wrong with week 1 GM subzero and there is nothing wrong with CSZ.
I do remember how Tom Brady was bodying everyone with Week 1 GM SZ. He was in my house. Doing it. The character was stupid and all he would do is scream about how the community was gonna cry that it was broken. Because it was.

Reviving a topic that's over one month old, but wow, lots of false information in this topic. Sektor's OH into meterburn safe on block, huh? :/