What's new

Question - TriBorg Triborg's B3 D4 U3 execution

Wyntword

Noob
Greetings fellow Triborgs. Basically my question is in the title already, through all the Triborg variations it is such a pain in the ass to execute this particular string, my biggest problem is the last hit that launches an opponent to the other side of screen, it doesn't come out something like 3-4 times out of 10. Is there any tips or tricks how to execute it properly, so it would always work?

P.S. Also have some inconsistencies with sektor's f212bb string, but I guess it's better to go look for it in the sektor's forum, but still if you know something - tell me please.

Many thanks in advance.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Dude just b3 d4 u3, it's easy.

f212bb has some inconsistencies, but with practice you should hit it everytime.

Wyntword

Noob
well, yeah it is easy, but I look at the inputs in training mode, it's done right and still sometimes last hit just doesn't come and that's it... Maybe the problem is because I try to hit both buttons at the same time idk...

Icefyre

Shadows
With Sektor's f212bb string, I always just give a slight pause after f212 before hitting bb. Works for me 10/10 times once I got the timing on the pause down. Just figure out a timing that works for you and stick to it.

As for b3d4u3, I think it just becomes muscle memory after you've gotten used to the input well enough to do it without thinking about it. I can see how it can be a little confusing at first considering it's one of few strings that has 3 separate directional inputs, but just keep ending combos in practice mode with it and it should come to you. Just don't think about it too hard.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I have done it some training and did it without problems. You need the muscle memory to get used to this combo string, so fetch yourself to the training and start practicing this one till you get it done. Unlike Kung Lao's 21244, which is the most difficult, the B3D4U3 is a walk around the park.

Wyntword

Noob
I was struggling with kung lao's 112124 but not anymore to me the key was to just slide my finger on 1 and 2 buttons, here's is just as Icefyre said 3 different direction inputs, it's so annoying... I am practicing it right now and it works 10 of 10 if I only use this string, but if for example I start with sektor's f212bb~teleuppercut,21,b3d4u3 - that's where struggle begins))) But yeah I guess you're right muscle memory's gonna do the work after some time, thank you guys!

Tanno

I was struggling with kung lao's 112124 but not anymore to me the key was to just slide my finger on 1 and 2 buttons, here's is just as Icefyre said 3 different direction inputs, it's so annoying... I am practicing it right now and it works 10 of 10 if I only use this string, but if for example I start with sektor's f212bb~teleuppercut,21,b3d4u3 - that's where struggle begins))) But yeah I guess you're right muscle memory's gonna do the work after some time, thank you guys!
Usually, before trying any longer combos, I tend to try the combo strings I'm struggling around till I get used to them. You should get used to this one first, and then you can move on to the next level. Good luck. :)

Greetings, Wyntword!

B3,D4,U3 is one of those strange strings. To this day, I only really perform it if I think about the move itself and not the string input. If I think about the input, it is likely not coming out. It's all in the muscle memory for me.

I suggest you practice a quick little rhythm with the string, (boop boop boop!) And add it to your muscle memory for both P1 and P2 sides.

press F212 fast then mash bbbbbbbb, it will always come out
when you see him dashing back, stop mashing, you have a million year to hitconfirm into teleport
B3,D4,U3 is easy. Don't mash, input patiently and it will always come out

Wyntword

Noob
I actually figured out, that if you input directions a little bit in advance, it works 10 out of 10 times, so you push "back" slightly before "3", then "down" before "4" and the last U3 is definitely has to be inputted with "up" slightly earlier and then "3". Hope that helps to everybody who was suffering with this string as myself :D

Noob
I think you're overthinking B3 D4 U3

You literally just input the strings one after the other, no fancy tricks or timing required. You get so much time to input U3 as well.

Israfel

Designer for BxA
do you have input shortcuts or anything like that turned on in your controller settings? I haven't had any inconsistencies with the b3d4u3 command myself

Wyntword

Noob
Well I know what I'm talking about, since I was facing the problem, if I just input b3 d4 u3 it works 6-7 times out of 10 usually it's "u3" that doesn't come out... It's not overthinking. Works for you - great, but for me it only works everytime, if I input direction slightly before than 3 and 4 buttons. You guys probably play for a couple of years already, or at least familiar with the whole joystick thing, I just got ps 4 couple months ago...

do you have input shortcuts or anything like that turned on in your controller settings? I haven't had any inconsistencies with the b3d4u3 command myself
Yes, shortcuts are enabled in wireless controller menu, if that's what you mean.

Last edited:

Wyntword

Noob
Just tried it out in the lab again, and yes it is my execution flaws, it doesn't come out when I input 3 before U... But it happens only when I try to hit them at the same time, so that little trick that I described before with inputting directions slightly earlier, helps for newbies like me :)

Tanno

Just tried it out in the lab again, and yes it is my execution flaws, it doesn't come out when I input 3 before U... But it happens only when I try to hit them at the same time, so that little trick that I described before with inputting directions slightly earlier, helps for newbies like me :)
The problem would be your synchronization. Try to synchronize your executions.

Temetias

"MKX kid"
Directions can and should be pressed before the "number buttons". Works in many other strings with direction changes too. The game registers the direction even if you have it already pressed when the 4 comes out. For example if I do predators b22d2 I press the b only in the beginning and hold down for the rest of the string.