What's new

Combo List - Tremor TREMOR COMBO THREAD v2 (updated Feb 2016)

Radaka

Noob
This is pretty good combo leading into a setup, but I can't find a hard knockdown ender for it.

Corner (Aftershock/Crystalline): b32~db2d, 4~db2u, 4~db2u, 12d3, 123~db3 - 39% + armor-stuffing overhead rock setup on normal wakeup

Found a new mid-screen BnB for Aftershock/Crystalline that does solid damage, requires no stamina, ends in a hard knockdown and is medium difficulty.
This combo seems to work on all characters. I've tested on all the females, along with Goro and Ferra/Torr in order to make sure that both big and small hit boxes don't affect it.

starterxxdb2d, b1db2u, j2, b12db2

(Damage for each starter: 12/f12=30%, b1d4=31%, 21d4/b12=32%, b32=33%)

Are there any characters which this combo does not work on? Can this be further optimized? Does there exist a combo that has a better balance between difficulty and damage while also not requiring stamina? Let me know what you guys think.

Last edited:

InFlames

dead
Found a new mid-screen BnB for Aftershock/Crystalline that does solid damage, requires no stamina, ends in a hard knockdown and is medium difficulty.
This combo seems to work on all characters. I've tested on all the females, along with Goro and Ferra/Torr in order to make sure that both big and small hit boxes don't affect it.

starterxxdb2d, b1db2u, j2, b12db2

(Damage for each starter: 12/f12=30%, b1d4=31%, 21d4/b12=32%, b32=33%)

Are there any characters which this combo does not work on? Can this be further optimized? Does there exist a combo that has a better balance between difficulty and damage while also not requiring stamina? Let me know what you guys think.
does 21d4db2d, f3db2u, j1 b2db2 not work?

does 21d4db2d, f3db2u, j1 b2db2 not work?
This does work. I've been trying it out on Jacqui, and it's noticeably more difficult than the previous combo.
Off of 21db4, both of these do the same damage (32%). However, using 12/f12 as a starter, this does 1% less damage.

InFlames

dead
I find f3 to be inconsistent
It just requires a little practice to get used to it, it was awkward at first but I never drop it anymore unless its intense lag.

This does work. I've been trying it out on Jacqui, and it's noticeably more difficult than the previous combo.
Off of 21db4, both of these do the same damage (32%). However, using 12/f12 as a starter, this does 1% less damage.
Thats good to know, I'll use the combo you mentioned instead then

FrankOceansWaifu

Watch this set up.
This is pretty good combo leading into a setup, but I can't find a hard knockdown ender for it.

Corner (Aftershock/Crystalline): b32~db2d, 4~db2u, 4~db2u, 12d3, 123~db3 - 39% + armor-stuffing overhead rock setup on normal wakeup

What's the damage if you end it with 33 after the 12d3?

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I don't know if anyone mentioned it but you can combo off of EX bf4 midscreen. Maybe you want to end a string on block into it to get plus frames but if it connects you can get more damage. I don't know if you could really react fast enough but whatever I got combos. Hopefully it's not retreading stuff people said.

Starter doesn't matter, closer it leaves you the better. Did all of them on Mileena.

EXbf4, run, f12xxDB2 *27%* (F121xxDB1 for Aftershock *28%*)

EXbf4, (run if not super close), d1, DB2 *25%*

EXbf4, b2, DB2 *26%* (B2 is a bitch to land don't use this.)

D. R.

Noob
I don't know if anyone mentioned it but you can combo off of EX bf4 midscreen. Maybe you want to end a string on block into it to get plus frames but if it connects you can get more damage. I don't know if you could really react fast enough but whatever I got combos. Hopefully it's not retreading stuff people said.

Starter doesn't matter, closer it leaves you the better. Did all of them on Mileena.

EXbf4, run, f12xxDB2 *27%* (F121xxDB1 for Aftershock *28%*)

EXbf4, (run if not super close), d1, DB2 *25%*

EXbf4, b2, DB2 *26%* (B2 is a bitch to land don't use this.)
The last combo can be optimized more and the starter does actually matter because of how some of them cause the opponent to stagger away while the rock is incoming. One I've hit a few times in matches is as follows:

b1d4xxEXbf4, b2xxdb2d, b2xxdb2 35%

Still pretty useless since it's so hard to confirm off of in the first place. If only it floated a few frames longer...

Potential KP2 buff along with a fast mid please NRS!

Mr.EditUndo

Meterburn the Meterburn
So I was messing around with some carry to the corner combos and I thought this was kinda stupid scaling.

F121 xx EXdb1 Rc F121 xxdb2 = 29%
F12 xx EX db1 Rc F121 xxdb2 = 32%

Im not a tremor main so this is prob fairly newby but,

I just don't get why the scaling is that bad on one extra hit.

marietta1200

Best Coast
So I was messing around with some carry to the corner combos and I thought this was kinda stupid scaling.

F121 xx EXdb1 Rc F121 xxdb2 = 29%
F12 xx EX db1 Rc F121 xxdb2 = 32%

Im not a tremor main so this is prob fairly newby but,

I just don't get why the scaling is that bad on one extra hit.
If you get F1 started this can be waaaaaaaay worse (better?) for 1 bar + full corner carry.

he needs it

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
if you delay just a little you can still get 13% not sure if they can get up or not. been using it online all morning and still getting 13 if i wait just a bit
ye i just found this after was done editing the thread lol. im guessing its a bug so i dunno how long that will be staying.
if you dont launch them the otg doesnt scale either.

f24

Don't F*** with a God
It seems that due to the ex shatter damage nerf (14% to 10% i think? don't have access to the game right now), that ex bf4 is going to be more useful in corner combos. ex shatter will still have its uses as a mix up and wakeup option.

V1cT

Noob
I can't land F3 into BF4
Neither can I, but it only drops in lava skin and nothing else. I think it was stealth nerfed. b2 into it still works, though, but does significantly less damage.
To be honest, I think Tremor's scaling and gravity was completely changed. A lot of old combos are no longer possible, or they do 30-32% where as they used to do 36%-38%.

I think Tremor has been changed from a combo heavy character to a kind of "Jason"-esque one. You can save his meter for armored moves and constantly pressure your opponent with 20-25% hard knockdowns. His damage was completely annihilated.

That being said, I found out the methods to getting his 13% OTG to work without delaying it. The post and video are here:
http://testyourmight.com/threads/otg-13-lives.58958/page-2#post-2071011
Essentially, the OTG will not scale unless the opponent leaves the ground for any reason. Lava skin's db2 also causes it to scale, but I think that's because the rolling animation counts as being airborne for a split second. 21d4, b32, and any strings that leave the opponent grounded which are canceled into a non-lavaskin db2 will allow the 13% OTG, giving Tremor an easy and consistent way to punish people for 32% using one bar. If you can land a rock drop, the damage is much higher, too.

I don't think combo execution is important for Tremor anymore outside of maybe lava skin (Where he can still get 33% with no meter). Focus more on hard knockdowns and pressure.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
I can't land F3 into BF4
your doing it too late im guessing.

Neither can I, but it only drops in lava skin and nothing else. I think it was stealth nerfed. b2 into it still works, though, but does significantly less damage.
To be honest, I think Tremor's scaling and gravity was completely changed. A lot of old combos are no longer possible, or they do 30-32% where as they used to do 36%-38%.
nothing about f3~lava rolling rock was stealth nerfed