What's new

Trash talk at DC Comics and MOS2

C-Sword

Noob
In case you didn't know, the 3rd Captain America movie is releasing the same day as Man Of Steel 2. The cast and director of Winter Soldier were asked about their thoughts on it.

Samuel Jackson's response is hilarious

''In the Marvel universe, there are heroes, while in the DC universe, there are "interesting bad guys."

So what do you guys think? Which movie will be more successful? Do we really care for a 3rd Captain America? Is Man Of Steel 2 going to fail, because of the ''superb'' casting choices?

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
i'll probably see both. I think both are tight, I own a captain america shield shirt and a superman shirt with a cape. So I'll probably wear the cape one to MOS 2 and then quick phonebooth change into my Cap shirt.

I really don't see how it won't be the more successful of the films. Its a Batman movie with Superman in it. Geeks and children alike have been dreaming of that for years. It'll smash records I'm sure. Ben Affleck will probably suck but he's already more than done his part to give the film exposure, and he's good looking enough that the promo pics of him in the suit will look great. Plus there's the international appeal that Batman and Superman have which Captain America by nature of the title is going to struggle with. Its probably going to mop the floor with Marvel.

That being said, I know which one I'll be shelving out my money for. WB's DC film department is beyond a mess. MOS and TDKR were both pretty terrible IMO and I don't have a ton of faith in this upcoming one either. Meanwhile Marvel has shown an absolutely stunning willingness to take risks, and Captain America 2 is getting rave reviews all over the place. I won tickets to see an early screening tonight actually, so I'll have more to say on that in the future.

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
Batman & Superman will always outsell anything Marvel does. Whether MOS2 will suck or not, I can't say, but I know it will beat Captain America easily.

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
First: It's not Man of Steel 2 it's Batman vs Superman

Second: I highly doubt Samuel L. Jackson reads comics. If he did he wouldn't have said some stupid shit like that. Because DC has some of the best Heroes, that are complimented by their villains.

Not saying Marvel doesn't, but come on son. Don't talk out of your ass.

Third: DC changed the dates, and it's coming out a week earlier.

Batman vs Superman would probably sell more. But DC wouldn't want to risk losing money.

The sad thing is that they have great characters they can work with. And if they really wanted to, they could dominate the comic movie market. A big thing they should do is to have great writers like Grant Morrison, Charles Soule, Scott Synder and other of their top writers make the script for the film.

Look at Thor: Dark World, which was pretty good. It was written by Christopher Yost, who's an amazing comic writer. If they take risks like that and try to at least make a film that's true to their comics they do can well.

But no Geoff Johns, after that shit show called Green Lantern, he is a disappointment to me.

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
But no Geoff Johns, after that shit show called Green Lantern, he is a disappointment to me.
Green Lantern's a challenging concept to pull off so I'll cut him some slack on that part.

But, he's done great things with Arrow. And the Flash is looking great already. I actually hope he does more for the movies. Grant Morrison & Scott Synder would be interesting.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
First: It's not Man of Steel 2 it's Batman vs Superman

That's a working title, this is regarded as the Man of Steel sequel given other working titles:

- Man of Steel: Battle the Knight

- Man of Steel: Beyond Darkness

- Man of Steel: Black of Knight

- Man of Steel: Darkness Falls

- Man of Steel: Knight Falls

- Man of Steel: Shadow of the Night

- Man of Steel: The Blackest Hour

- Man of Steel: The Darkness Within
It's also, potentially, a low key Justice League movie.

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
That's a working title, this is regarded as the Man of Steel sequel given other working titles:

It's also, potentially, a low key Justice League movie.
I've honestly only heard Batman vs Superman.
It probably will be a "Justice League" movie, but they'll fuck it up

What was Johns involvement in that movie? I thought he was just a consultant.
Yeah, I know he was a consultant for the draft, but I feel like he could have pushed them in a good direction. I know he isn't at fault, but damn that movie was terrible.

Green Lantern's a challenging concept to pull off so I'll cut him some slack on that part.

But, he's done great things with Arrow. And the Flash is looking great already. I actually hope he does more for the movies. Grant Morrison & Scott Synder would be interesting.
Really? I never was interested in Arrow. From what I've seen, I kind of had the Batman vibe from it. So it turned me off from the show. And now I hear they are adding Red Hood to the show, which is just ehhhhh.

I think Green Lantern, could be pulled off right, but you just need the right director and writer. Doing that movie good, would be a big push forward for them, because it would introduce the space element of their comics. Which is a big part of their universe.

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
I've honestly only heard Batman vs Superman.
It probably will be a "Justice League" movie, but they'll fuck it up

Yeah, I know he was a consultant for the draft, but I feel like he could have pushed them in a good direction. I know he isn't at fault, but damn that movie was terrible.

Really? I never was interested in Arrow. From what I've seen, I kind of had the Batman vibe from it. So it turned me off from the show. And now I hear they are adding Red Hood to the show, which is just ehhhhh.

I think Green Lantern, could be pulled off right, but you just need the right director and writer. Doing that movie good, would be a big push forward for them, because it would introduce the space element of their comics. Which is a big part of their universe.
Agreed. I think it could be done well now for sure.

But, on the Arrow point, it is very Batman-ish but New52 Green Arrow is very different from the classic one. His comic is a lot darker and Arrow has followed the route for sure. I also don't mind them using Batman characters because the chances of us ever seeing live action Red Hood, Huntress, Harley Quin, Deathstroke, etc. in a movie is unlikely at this point. Or at the very least, with the time it takes DC to do movies, very, very far down the road.

Yeah, I know he was a consultant for the draft, but I feel like he could have pushed them in a good direction.
He probably did what he could, but you have to understand how powerless he probably was. He wasn't even a primary screenwriter, and that proffesion has talked at great length about how little power or input or power they truly have in the overall production of a huge blockbuster production like this. Sure, they get to write the script...but then it gets torn apart in rewrites, editing, focusgroup testing, product placement, stunt casting, etc.
Johns is probably the last person I'd point the finger at with regard to why Green Lantern sucked jolly green giant dong.

The show is ok, bit of a guilty pleasure for me. I hate how much it desperately wants to be batman show...but it has its moments.

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
MOS 2 only has to be a decent movie to be amazing, this is what people have been waiting for since the beginning of time.
It will makes at least 500m before people ask themselves if they movie is good or not.

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
He probably did what he could, but you have to understand how powerless he probably was. He wasn't even a primary screenwriter, and that proffesion has talked at great length about how little power or input or power they truly have in the overall production of a huge blockbuster production like this. Sure, they get to write the script...but then it gets torn apart in rewrites, editing, focusgroup testing, product placement, stunt casting, etc.
Johns is probably the last person I'd point the finger at with regard to why Green Lantern sucked jolly green giant dong.
All of this is true, but I just have a dislike for Johns because of his most recent work. He's a good writer, I can't deny that, but his most recent events, have been horrible, Justice League was kind of meh, I disliked Flashpoint, and his hard on for Silver Age characters. Especially since because he did away with Wally West. But his Teen Titans was good. Same with his Aquaman.

I just hope DC learns from Marvel and produces good comic movies, and stray away from a lot of the animated stuff. Because that really isn't making them any money.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
As if there is a single nerdy person/comic fan who isn't going to see both on the same day.
I know I will.

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
I'm a huge DC fan but, Batman vs. Superman is shaping to be a mess (I'm already pissed that Jesse Eisenberg was chosen over Bryan Cranston.) Not really interested in either movies.

Looking very forward to Son of Batman coming in May.

animated movies leave me more satisfied than live action.

Frantastic23

Best 3rd Strike Player on TYM.
Man I'm waiting for DC to cash in on a Batman Beyond Live Action movie. I am hype for MOS2 I trust Ben Affleck and the rest are going to do a good acting job I just hope the writers make something good.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Lets just say that Batman is THE REAL superhero. Im a fan of both marvel and DC but C'mon Captain America just needed a "Boost" b/c he was frail and weak, Hulk similar he got hit by Gamma radiation and thats what makes him turn green, Iron Man is an exception but not close to Batman. Bruce Wayne knows martial arts Tony Stark doesnt, Thor maybe a "Thunder God" but Batman faced off worse etc.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel

Arrow is a really good show and no Red Hood is not gonna be in it but Nightwing will be and Barry Allen was in 2 episodes
GL was done horribly and is a bit harder to do but could have been so much better starting with not casting Ryan Reynolds lol
and do a Kyle Rayner move pls id love to see a dark GL movie with Hal as the villain and Kyle as the hero...but i guess the resst of the DCU would have to be involved huh?

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Johns is one of the only writers who does Hawkman well, so I <3 him. I hope that movie is still happening.

I don't like Marvel films for two reasons-1.) Every character has been Tony Stark since Iron Man 2. Not every fucking character needs a funny one liner for everything they do. And 2.) Captain America 2 isn't out and they announced Captain America 3 already? Why not build the fucking universe? What's going on with Ant-Man and the Daredevil reboot (really hope that happens, Daredevil is my homie)?

I'm still pumped for MoS2, sucks it's in 2015 or 16? Wish we'd get a DC flick or two in the meantime *cough* Hawkman *cough*

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Johns is one of the only writers who does Hawkman well, so I <3 him. I hope that movie is still happening.

I don't like Marvel films for two reasons-1.) Every character has been Tony Stark since Iron Man 2. Not every fucking character needs a funny one liner for everything they do. And 2.) Captain America 2 isn't out and they announced Captain America 3 already? Why not build the fucking universe? What's going on with Ant-Man and the Daredevil reboot (really hope that happens, Daredevil is my homie)?

I'm still pumped for MoS2, sucks it's in 2015 or 16? Wish we'd get a DC flick or two in the meantime *cough* Hawkman *cough*
Speaking of birds, I heard that the Birdman movie is in the works with Michael Keaton. Its going to be a dark comedy film but I like to see how it plays out.