What's new

Training Effectively - Looking for people to spar with

As the title suggests, which is the best way to train effectrively at a higher level? Like how do you get better at the neutral game? Do you just verse players as you go or is there a way to practice it.
Im having a hard time finding other players who want to train on xbox so if any of you want to my gt is xertzzz200 on xbox. I wouldnt say im great but im trying to get better by playing other players. Thank you!

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
One thing that really helped my neutral was to stop glorifying combos so much. I would spend hours in the lab griding out ridiculous corner combos, so when I got into an actual match that's all I wanted to do. Even if it wasn't the smartest option, I'd go for if it meant it'd lead to some big damage. Understanding that every small hit counts and to let combos come as they may helped me calm down in neutral and develop patience

Methysan

Noob
Neutral isn't something you can learn in training mode. Training can help you lab things like punishes, and ranges of moves, however. For example, you could figure out that at match start position, you can press X and your opponent has nothing that out ranges you. Or move 1 effectively whiff punishes or low profiles move 2.

But in general, you need to play to learn neutral. Once you know the concepts, it just takes a long time of effortful training. Don't just mindlessly grind games. Try new things and experiment. As you play you'll learn the ranges of each character's moves and what moves they like to use at different ranges. If you want to accelerate the process, you could try watching some of your replays critically and analyze why you got hit when you did, why you were standing where you were etc. You might feel like a dumb ass when you see yourself throw a fire ball at the perfect spacing for your opponent to jump in, but that's how you learn.

Rabid Justice

Your Soul Is Mine
Play people that are worth playing and also learning the game. Remember you are playing to learn not to win.

Playing randoms is the worst way to learn the game. A vast majority of people just watch a youtube video and do not deviate from that play. You will not get better by playing these people and will just get board and go in to auto pilot. That will make you frustrated when you get beat and play even worse.

Even when you win you gain nothing from it.

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
As the title suggests, which is the best way to train effectrively at a higher level? Like how do you get better at the neutral game? Do you just verse players as you go or is there a way to practice it.
Im having a hard time finding other players who want to train on xbox so if any of you want to my gt is xertzzz200 on xbox. I wouldnt say im great but im trying to get better by playing other players. Thank you!
Added you on xbox, my gamertag is "Zayne 79"

I'm interested in some sparring/training partners for improvement. Add me on XBOX Live : PappyShamSham