What's new

Tragic Defend The North. What Can We Learn From This?

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
The smash room was super cramped. It was like over 400 people entered for ultimate and it was in a tiny ballroom. With all the setups, it was super cramped so I could not walk anywhere. There was also no chairs to watch the stream so everyone was on the floor. The TO's even said they would not be surprised if the fire Marshall shut it down cause it was way past maximum capacity.
400 Smash players in a cramped room. That's gotta be like how it is when recruits in basic training have to go through the tear gas chamber.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I know it sounds harsh, but I think it would be dope if Dove or Old Spice was a sponsor at one of these events and give out the mini versions for all entrants. Man, somebody make this happen!
I legit mean that if it was a sports venue with lockers people could just be obliged to go take a shower and even be provided a pair of sweatpants and t-shirt that'd be covered by the entry fee

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I legit mean that if it was a sports venue with lockers people could just be obliged to go take a shower and even be provided a pair of sweatpants and t-shirt that'd be covered by the entry fee
Thats too damn much. The times I went to the gym, I damn sure didnt take showers there. I like to shower in the privacy of my own home. Just imagine how many ppl feel that with people being naked to give pervs a reason to be pervy. Feel me? Not a good idea. I like my deodorant one better :)

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Thats too damn much. The times I went to the gym, I damn sure didnt take showers there. I like to shower in the privacy of my own home. Just imagine how many ppl feel that with people being naked to give pervs a reason to be pervy. Feel me? Not a good idea. I like my deodorant one better :)
Yeah I forget some people aren't comfortable with their bodies. Fair enough. Could just be like: if you stink you get sent to the shower. lol

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
Screw people smelling like ass, SOMEBODY LOST THEIR LIFE WTF. How the fuck can you justify not allowing water or outside-purchased drinks at the event under those conditions? How can these TO's live with themselves knowing they had a big part in this tragic incident. Things could have looked different without such dumb rules

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Screw people smelling like ass, SOMEBODY LOST THEIR LIFE WTF. How the fuck can you justify not allowing water or outside-purchased drinks at the event under those conditions? How can these TO's live with themselves knowing they had a big part in this tragic incident. Things could have looked different without such dumb rules
Whoa whoa. I think people should avoid sensationalizing something they know nothing about. Reports have said that this was a seizure, not heat stroke -- this can happen tragically anywhere at any time, and it's unfortunate (I've known someone who passed this way).

We should all wait and get the details before we go as far as literally blaming someone for another person's unfortunate passing.

Bigzo

Noob
Apparently not too much for this to happen. Regardless, for ANY death to happen on the premise of any venue looks really really REALLY bad on the event.
Depends on the cause of death.

Word on Twitter was he had a seizure and dude was a known epileptic.

Bigzo

Noob
Relay?

I’m the type that takes showers at the gym. Sometimes I forget my towel but I still do.

I’m comfortable wit myself. I’m the type that will converse with dudes naked while we,re changing.

xKMMx

Banned
After a tournament I got a migrane on the drive home because of the aftermath of veing at the venue cause of all the stank... =( almost puked in my friends car but I made it fortunately I woulda felt bad.
Wait so you guys are saying that video game tourney's are full of dudes who don't place a high priority on masking or eliminating body odor?

kevkopdx

Noob
Deodorant ain’t soap, covering that stink with deodorant might smell even more putrid ... can’t believe ppl don’t take care of their hygiene to the point of distraction for other players yuck lol

I was there but my pools were 12-2pm and I didn't stay past that so that's the limit to what I can comment on, but-

Room where MK11 was felt fine and cool enough with the AC. The AC in the rest of the building also felt fine so worst case you just stepped out of the room for a minute. Towards the end of pools it was getting a bit cramped though.

There was plenty of water available. Also no restriction that I could see against bringing your own water in their venue rules and nobody I could see telling people otherwise. No one even checked my bag let alone bug me about a water bottle.

The running of my pool felt sub optimal because it was getting crowded and therefore a tad hard to hear the pool runner call out matches, but not overly bad. It ran on time for me at least

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
Whoa whoa. I think people should avoid sensationalizing something they know nothing about. Reports have said that this was a seizure, not heat stroke -- this can happen tragically anywhere at any time, and it's unfortunate (I've known someone who passed this way).

We should all wait and get the details before we go as far as literally blaming someone for another person's unfortunate passing.
You're right, I just read it was heat stroke related somewhere but point taken - regardless of the death, it's a stupid policy regardless given the circumstances

Stevie Steelz

I break muthaf****s...
That really sucks to hear about the problems at the tourney, but even worse to hear about Krucial B’s death. It’s kind of eerie how his last tweet was on July 12th, where he said “Pray for me”.