What's new

Towers of Time Discussion Thread

JINNOCIDE

I only show up when a new game's around
For the past 2 days I wanted to talked about some towers on the Towers of Time but couldn't find the right place for it. So, I created this thread for us to discuss all things related to the ToT.

Discuss character based tower, the timed towers, strategies against certain modifiers, etc.

Let us begin! :p

JINNOCIDE

I only show up when a new game's around
For me: The tower with hundreds of Kanos (I believe is challenge 8) was a pain in the ass once you get to boss Kano. After I beat it I realised that I had a konsumable that nullified missiles :p

THE BARAKAS TOWER I did all of them finishing with a Fatality only to read that I needed to Brutalities :D mess

I've been able to manage the Gauntlet but have effectively gotten stuck at tower 14. That's the one with like 5-6 mini towers where you have to finish every fight with a fatal blow. Meanwhile your opponent's Fatal Blow which they get early access to basically does enough damage to nearly 1 hit kill you. Have NO idea how to go about this one. I'm assuming there's consumables out there that will make this easier somehow?

Xelz

Go over there!
After my first day playing ToT I switched to letting my AI play for me. And apparently I finished the week in the top 6%, or rather my AI finished in the top 6%. I don’t have hands-on experience with post-patch ToT since I’m on Xbox - hopefully the towers are more accessible to players now. Also, the weekly ToT rewards were surprisingly good.

After my first day playing ToT I switched to letting my AI play for me. And apparently I finished the week in the top 6%, or rather my AI finished in the top 6%. I don’t have hands-on experience with post-patch ToT since I’m on Xbox - hopefully the towers are more accessible to players now. Also, the weekly ToT rewards were surprisingly good.
See, this right here is what I hate about the AI matches. Some people work and put in the time and effort to actually play the game themselves and then lose out on rewards because they went to people who avoided playing the game in order to watch a video of the computer playing it for them.

If people want to use their AI to grind out skins and gear for themselves, then fine. There should always be zero points awarded for it towards any kind of ranking or competitions, though.

Xelz

Go over there!
See, this right here is what I hate about the AI matches. Some people work and put in the time and effort to actually play the game themselves and then lose out on rewards because they went to people who avoided playing the game in order to watch a video of the computer playing it for them.

If people want to use their AI to grind out skins and gear for themselves, then fine. There should always be zero points awarded for it towards any kind of ranking or competitions, though.
I completely agree with you. I understand the point of AI vs. AI team battles, but enabling AI in ToT - particularly to the point where it gets ranked against real players - feels overly rewarded. At least the tower bonus penalty for using AI is appropriately harsh and it's uncommon to reach even the first bonus. I only see the AI win all three bonuses on boss fights if it wins on the first couple of tries. So you certainly win more souls and hearts if you avoid using the AI. And AI use shouldn't count toward weekly rankings IMHO.

Personally, I find the ToT so un-fun that I'd rather not play them and let the AI suffer while I do chores. It sounds like the patch makes ToT easier, but my problem with them wasn't their difficulty. It's that I don't find modifiers fun or all that helpful for mastering skills that would be useful for online play. I wouldn't be AI-grinding ToT if it weren't for ToT-exclusive skins, gear, and animations. And I suspect that other AI users are in the same boat.

My recommendation: allow ToT-exclusives to also be unlocked through ranked online play. That way solo players and online warriors each have access to the same rewards and can play the way they want.