Tournament viable variation post patch 4/1

• HQT

Votes: 20 69.0%
  • Warrior

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Hunter

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters
So which variation do you guys consider is the most tournament viable variation after the latest patch?

I'm currently using HQT for the zoning and mix up game since it's still pretty good, but sometimes when you're being pressured or against certain characters predator now struggles in this variation.

I was wondering if you guys know if warrior or Hunter is tournament viable as well after the patches and if it can overcome hqt

If im right warrior has a really quick armored move which is mainly hqts/hunter main weakness so i think both hqt and warrior are viable

jokey77

Character Loyalist
Warrior is interesting, as noone uses "d4 into dread slam" yet. Safe specials that can be linked into from a poke are a powerful tool in general. If only he had some sort of mixups... Thus I don't think that he is tournament viable.

ando1184

Noob
I primarily played Hunter but post patch, even though they didn't list anything specific, he felt a bit off. Like his snag had more recovery or something. I'm constantly getting hit out of stuff and he's just too slow to begin with. Even after a detonate (which he's supposed to be + a billion frames) I'm getting poked out of stuff more than it used to. Warrior I think has some good stuff now and does handle pressure " a little " better than the other too but predator is just too slow in the poke/counter poke war and neutral. Yeh he has range but his same weaknesses have become more of a burden than they used to. He's just a character now where the player has to really play a clean game to be successful with IMO. I think HQT is still his most viable given the circumstances of his patch nerfing, but even then he gets overwhelmed sometimes.