What's new

General/Other - Cyber Sub-Zero Tournament Viable Lethal Killing Machine - Cyber Sub-Zero PRE-RELEASE Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
Discussion for the most popular Secret Variation, Cyber Sub-Zero of Tri-Borg. As you know he has drones that can be used to effectively enhance special moves. He has great range on his b2, that should be the first thing you check out, and NJP, but he seems to be most like Cyrax of the 3 preexistent Cyborgs.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
From what I've seen, it's safe to say that as far as oki goes CyberSubby > Cyrax. He has more mixup options than arguably anyone in the cast based of quantity alone, he has corner carry, recapture tools, hazards (ICE PUDDLE FAM!), and has access to 3 utility drones to buff what was already good.

I heard drone even makes his overhead safe.

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
From what I've seen, it's safe to say that as far as oki goes CyberSubby > Cyrax. He has more mixup options than arguably anyone in the cast based of quantity alone, he has corner carry, recapture tools, hazards (ICE PUDDLE FAM!), and has access to 3 utility drones to buff what was already good.

I heard drone even makes his overhead safe.
Nah, I think best mixup game goes to Alien... But Subby's b2 though...

Samsara

Resident Cynic
I'm not commenting on quality of mixups just yet, since I haven't explored all the newbies yet, but on pure options Cyber is loaded.

One thing worth mentioning is that the one freeze rule still applies so it will be interesting to see how his conversions from range differ from his close range punishes. We'll also have to check the recovery on his slide to make sure it's low enough to allow us to whiff it for meter gain like Sub-Zero

RYX

BIG PUSHER
am happy that NRS took a cool concept with shitty execution and gave it a second chance. if only other characters could be so fortunate, RIP drahmin

definitely gonna be the one I play first, but all variations look really well done.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
His tools work amazing for the footsie keep away game and keep people on their toes and anxious that I can run in for my 50/50s i'm loving this.
I'm just having a huge problem finding good damage that is also practical with 1 or 2 orbs even... I just can't.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
His tools work amazing for the footsie keep away game and keep people on their toes and anxious that I can run in for my 50/50s i'm loving this.
I'm just having a huge problem finding good damage that is also practical with 1 or 2 orbs even... I just can't.
Is KP2 live for anyone yet? If so what are his starters?

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Is KP2 live for anyone yet? If so what are his starters?
Been playing him for like the past 4 hours I gotta sleep man.
He can start with his low B3, his incredibly cool OH B2 or his other OH B1.
Otherwise you can hit confirm things like 111 or 21 into regular ice ball for combos, Damage seems... underwhelming i've tried it each and every way and it's not so great, everything that doesn't include an EX ice bomb at least.
F12(hold 2) will also be another starter.
I even tried B3U4 dive kick whiff, 21 Iceball etc. and it's just low low damage that ice ball scales SUPER hard.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Been playing him for like the past 4 hours I gotta sleep man.
He can start with his low B3, his incredibly cool OH B2 or his other OH B1.
Otherwise you can hit confirm things like 111 or 21 into regular ice ball for combos, Damage seems... underwhelming i've tried it each and every way and it's not so great, everything that doesn't include an EX ice bomb at least.
F12(hold 2) will also be another starter.
I even tried B3U4 dive kick whiff, 21 Iceball etc. and it's just low low damage that ice ball scales SUPER hard.
Get some sleep soldier, there's bound to be a cool combo thread by the time you wake up.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Get some sleep soldier, there's bound to be a cool combo thread by the time you wake up.
Yeah at this point i'm waiting on a little help haha.
Hope you enjoy him though despite not finding much damage he's pretty filthy i'm loving him none the less!

Status
Not open for further replies.