What's new

General/Other - Cyber Sub-Zero Tournament Viable Lethal Killing Machine - Cyber Sub-Zero PRE-RELEASE Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankOceansWaifu

Watch this set up.
Any guesses to how his ice bomb will work again? If they were lows like Cyrax's then I don't see Cyber Sub having many OH into low setups. Hopefully they're unblockable but with a smaller blast radius and you have to jail them with a string then they get opened up. That was what made Cyber Sub so hype back in MK9 imo.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Honestly Triborg having 4 variations pisses me off to no end grammatically and game wise. No Spawn, Rain, or Sindel yet another version of Sub in a QUADbot. Might as well put Frost in the game while we're at it.
You do realize that making a variation, no matter how different, is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay easier than making an entire character right?

You do realize that making a variation, no matter how different, is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay easier than making an entire character right?
And your point is? No one asked for it and no one wanted it. By your logic it'd would've been easier just to upgrade the graphics of MK9 instead of making MKX. No variations just current gen graphics. I'd have paid $40 for a pack that had Fujin, Rain, or Spawn alone. And AGAIN it's called TRI-borg and had FOUR variations! Boon is now missing a basic understanding of English.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
And your point is? No one asked for it and no one wanted it. By your logic it'd would've been easier just to upgrade the graphics of MK9 instead of making MKX. No variations just current gen graphics.
Can someone explain this shit to me because I don't see how a normal person can pull this kind of crap out of the post I made.

Also you shouldn't speak so confidently in negative absolutes, every character has fans no matter how little you like them.

Boon is now missing a basic understanding of English.
Ed Boon's job at NRS isn't to pick characters or even to name them so I don't even see why you brought him up.

Last edited:

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Any guesses to how his ice bomb will work again? If they were lows like Cyrax's then I don't see Cyber Sub having many OH into low setups. Hopefully they're unblockable but with a smaller blast radius and you have to jail them with a string then they get opened up. That was what made Cyber Sub so hype back in MK9 imo.

To be fair we don't now his strings or normals yet, he could very well have some OH options given the other three have new tools they didn't have in 9. I don't think his bombs will be unblockable though.

But will he have u4 tho
We can only pray.

Can someone explain this shit to me because I don't see how a normal person can pull this kind of crap out of the post I made.

Also you shouldn't speak so confidently in negative absolutes, every character has fans no matter how little you like them.

Ed Boon's job at NRS isn't to pick characters or even to name them so I don't even see why you brought him up.
I brought Boon up because he has final say as the creator. Not to mention he runs NRS, it's his fault someone wasn't hired to bring up this obvious grammatical error.

Secondly I'm not making up "absolutes" just check the character polls. No one wanted Bo Rai Cho or Cyber Sub. Frost had more fans than cyber sub, noob had more, etc.

Lastly, you said it was way easier to make a simple variation than a whole new character. My example was highlighting the fact that that Quadbot is mostly a copy paste job from mk9 with a few tweaks added here and there while also showing you that if they wanted things to be easy they could've pulled a SF5 and just update the graphics of the previous game. I'm done with this, I'm boycotting kp2 anyway

FrankOceansWaifu

Watch this set up.
To be fair we don't now his strings or normals yet, he could very well have some OH options given the other three have new tools they didn't have in 9. I don't think his bombs will be unblockable.
True true I really wish they would have showed him off instead of just teasing him especially since he could very well be a whole other character :(

I brought Boon up because he has final say as the creator. Not to mention he runs NRS, it's his fault someone wasn't hired to bring up this obvious grammatical error.

Secondly I'm not making up "absolutes" just check the character polls. No one wanted Bo Rai Cho or Cyber Sub. Frost had more fans than cyber sub, noob had more, etc.

Lastly, you said it was way easier to make a simple variation than a whole new character. My example was highlighting the fact that that Quadbot is mostly a copy paste job from mk9 with a few tweaks added here and there while also showing you that if they wanted things to be easy they could've pulled a SF5 and just update the graphics of the previous game. I'm done with this, I'm boycotting kp2 anyway
Upset because Triborg has a 4th variation? Really? It just sounds like you're already pissed and are looking for more reasons to be angry.

The name is misleading on purpose. It could be story related, like fool the enemy into thinking they only have 3 variations to worry about instead of 4. Or maybe one of the variations is it's default and the other 3 he "steals" like he did to Sektor in the announcement trailer for Kombat Pack 2.

Thing is, we don't know the characters back story and won't till we see his arcade ending.

Last edited:
And we can now definitely say that the "Default" Triborg body in the KP2 trailer (the one that takes Sektor's head from the Lin Kuei temple) is Cyber Sub-Zero. Maybe it has something to do with the origin of the character.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!

Lol a lot of people wanted Bo Rai Cho. At least CSZ and BRC are actually MK characters unlike fucboi Spawn. Save him for MK11 DLC.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
True true I really wish they would have showed him off instead of just teasing him especially since he could very well be a whole other character :(
Going off of the move list they showed and the few seconds of gameplay, he is definitely as different as the other 3.

The name is misleading on purpose. It could be story related, like fool the enemy into thinking they only have 3 variations to worry about instead of 3. Or maybe one of the variations is it's default and the other 3 he "steals" like he did to Sektor in the announcement trailer for Kombat Pack 2.

Thing is, we don't know the characters back story and won't till we see his arcade ending.
Going off of what we've seen and the dialogue and overall presentation of them I can say I am 99.99% confident that Tri-Borg is just what they call themselves as a group and not one guy. If it were only one guy they wouldn't have went through the trouble of giving them different bodies and as far as I could tell different sounding voices. They even have their model numbers in their names.

They also referred to them as "them" and "Sektor" or "Cyrax" or "Smoke" and not as "him" or "Triborg" in a singular fashion during the Kombat Kast.

Status
Not open for further replies.