What's new

Tournament losses for NW

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I want to know what your major tourney losses were and how you did (or plan to) over come those.

I think this info could be valuable and I will keep a tally in the OP.

My tournament loses include:
Argenrost - Deathstroke
I have learned how to trade in my favor and then after a knock down, stuff all his wakeups. I use b1 from jump distance and when they start to block you get awesome pressure.

PPJ - Squawk
A work in progress. be in escrima stuffs mace charge OR jump back 3. I prefer Escrima in this MU massively. wing ding also has its purpose. I ave played ppj and been practicing stuffing knockdowns in different dituations

Bit - Catwoman
Been talking with Bit and then finallh played him again after FR where he bodied me. The patient game in staff really works. NW doesnt have to do anything but react to CW the entire match.

Orochi - GL
Still working on it but I have never lost to another GL since this match. its kinda stupid how good Orochi is but in general zone and approach cautiously. cs FG and GS are your best tools. when your in please be in staff.

Last edited:

coolwhip

Noob
My tournament loses include:
Argenrost - Deathstroke
I have learned how to trade in my favor and then after a knock down, stuff all his wakeups. I use b1 from jump distance and when they start to block you get awesome pressure.
How do you stuff Deathstroke's wake-ups with NW?

Gga jeremiah DOOMY. At the time I didn't understand that mu but now I know that staff is the key in that mu. D1 in trait, don't jump, take full advantage of DD when he does not have meter and most importantly ,block es.

Rico suave BA. I know the mu and knew it back then. I was too impatient and missed a good amount of punishes that probably would have turned things around in my favor.

Tournament- FINAL ROUND

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Espio's Hawkgirl in, err...Dink's online tournament :oops:
Anyhow, I came to the same conclusion as you in that it's mostly Escrima because most of the time it's gonna be her throwing maces, not to mention it's a lot easier to deal with mace charge in Escrima. MB B3-ing her mace charge is great because if you do it early she can't do a thing about it. If I had the life lead I'd just build meter with Ground Sparks and either wait for her to come down by counting to 8 in my head, or by reacting to her dropping down which gives you an opening to get in at least little bit. The built meter helps a ton for MB B3s and MB Staff Spins as Staff Spin locks her down on wakeup, which annoyingly I found out after he beat me :(. I also found that J3 on KD works wonders in the corner.

I'm still trying to grind the MU out and I have a loooong way to go