What's new

Question Tournament Debut Soon, Training Question

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
So, on August 10 there will be a tourney here in Tally. I plan on spending a lot of time training before then. My question is: Should I avoid online like the plague? There are a few guys in town I could play against, but that will only be 2 sessions max. I don't want to throw off my timing by adjusting for online, but at the same time I don't want to miss any opportunities to figure some matchups out.
I'm pretty sure the answer is: STAY OFFLINE AND STICK TO PRACTICE MODE, but I was looking for advice from people that have already played tourneys.

Tournament Info is here, and it will be streamed (well, at least one hour of Injustice will.) Maybe you guys can all shake your head at how badly I play. https://www.facebook.com/events/332753803517840/
NOTHING! Will prepare you quite like an off line training buddy, but online training is a decent way to learn match ups..which is absolutely key. Identify everything about characters you will likely face that you can punish or take advantage of with the character you will be playing. For example, I knew I would be facing a great m2dave-ish deathstroke at my event, so I had a friend run some training sessions with me. He would sit full screen and try his hardest to keep me out. It really helped me. After a couple sessions we ran some matches, and I did really well. ***just realized your event has already taken place. I hope you did well, and had a great time man!