What's new

Breakthrough - Mileena Toss out your old BNB's. More Damage, Options, and Mixups.

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!
The few Mileenas I saw at Combobreaker last night are still doing the old BnBs.
I was one of these. I checked out this thread 2 days before leaving for CB, in no way did I personally have time to properly execute the new combos consistently. Going into tournament, I needed consistency. Great stuff, just not tourney ready- which I was bummed about.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Man oh man, I am focusing on Ravenous for a couple days...Why is her f1 so bad in it? It either hits higher or has less active frames...I can't stuff Subs slide like I can in piercing.

I wish we had a better option for run cancelling with Mileena...all of her strings have so much recovery. Even 12 which is her least recovery string cannot really be followed up with another run normal.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Man oh man, I am focusing on Ravenous for a couple days...Why is her f1 so bad in it? It either hits higher or has less active frames...I can't stuff Subs slide like I can in piercing.

I wish we had a better option for run cancelling with Mileena...all of her strings have so much recovery. Even 12 which is her least recovery string cannot really be followed up with another run normal.
You should be able to, its a little trickier but it can be done. I also second that wish

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!

Moves in that variation are actually a little bit slower than in Piercing

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Also,

I have increased the damage of ex ball cancels, but it is in no way practical so I don't see the point in posting it :(
I wanted to ask about this but completely forgot. With EX Roll in this new BnB how impractical are they? Can you give an example combo?

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I wanted to ask about this but completely forgot. With EX Roll in this new BnB how impractical are they? Can you give an example combo?
Very impractical. Ex roll dash forward b3(2) this reverses
Direction - reverse Sai run forward b21-2+3. As I said, insanely impractical.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Funny story for you guys. I love Mileena, and decided to practice her as possibly my secondary, hadn't decided yet. I saw this thread and decided, well now is a good as time as any. Unfortunately for me, I watched the video once and misunderstood the ender, and though it was the B212+3, and kept trying to land it after a run cancel. After a few hours practicing a day trying to land this, for a couple of days and only landing it once (somehow!) and never being able to replicate it, and reading some of the posts in this thread that people were getting it consistently, I concluded that ALL MILEENA PLAYERS HAVE GODLIKE EXECUTION and I would be picking a different character to pick up.

Gave the video another watch however, and realised my stupid mistake. Landed it first time, and having no trouble getting it consistent now. Lol @ myself. Looks like I'm joining the Mileena team now \o/

LionHeart

Whisper within a sigh
Funny story for you guys. I love Mileena, and decided to practice her as possibly my secondary, hadn't decided yet. I saw this thread and decided, well now is a good as time as any. Unfortunately for me, I watched the video once and misunderstood the ender, and though it was the B212+3, and kept trying to land it after a run cancel. After a few hours practicing a day trying to land this, for a couple of days and only landing it once (somehow!) and never being able to replicate it, and reading some of the posts in this thread that people were getting it consistently, I concluded that ALL MILEENA PLAYERS HAVE GODLIKE EXECUTION and I would be picking a different character to pick up.

Gave the video another watch however, and realised my stupid mistake. Landed it first time, and having no trouble getting it consistent now. Lol @ myself. Looks like I'm joining the Mileena team now \o/
Is there even a b212+3 string? LOL.

i'm a noob trying to get into the competitive scene, so please don't bash me for not understanding somethings yet, but with the combos ending in tele kick to end up behind opponent, are we suppose to actually miss the kick because i can't land the telekick in the combo, it misses

ExpiredCodes

The Yankees blew a 3-0 lead in the 2004 ALCS.
i'm a noob trying to get into the competitive scene, so please don't bash me for not understanding somethings yet, but with the combos ending in tele kick to end up behind opponent, are we suppose to actually miss the kick because i can't land the telekick in the combo, it misses
You're supposed to miss the Tele-Kick so that wakeup attacks miss you (Ex. Sub-Zero's slide). Doesn't work with some wakeup attacks though like Kung Lao's spin.

MK2D

Have you had your MK today?
Thanks OP, very cool. I was also wondering about "2+3" figuring it had to be a typo, but no one said anything so that really threw me for a loop lol.

Last edited: