• Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
  • Ghost Recon Wildlands
  • Kingdome Come Deliverance
  • Assassin's Creed Odyssey
  • For Honor
  • MK11
  • Battlefield V
  • Battlefield 1
Not ordered but these are the games I played/liked the most unless I'm forgetting some. I haven't even finished first 5 yet.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
What I'm learning is that I really need to play Sekiro. I got Jedi Fallen Order instead because I had heard it was similar because they both heavily emphasize parries. Fallen Order just looked a lot easier and a good introduction to these types of games, to see if I even like them. I played on Jedi Master (the hard but not VERY hard difficulty) and only died a few times, I felt like I was okay at it.

Yes, I was mostly thinking 2013 with the release of PS4 and XB1 till now. If people wanted to include Wii U games why not. I only said this gen only because there is already a thread for top ten games of all time and the HD remakes of Halo, Bioshock, Uncharted, and The Last of Us would probably make everyone's list. Bioshock Infinite in particular is my favorite game of all time.
Very cool. For the BioShock franchise, I actually found BioShock Infinte disappointing as it didn't feel like a proper BioShock title to me, rather is felt like Call of Duty with Plasmids. Having said that, I did enjoy the game itself and certainly didn't think it was a bad game.

For a favourite game of all time, that's a tough one as I've been playing games since the early '80's and there's been lots of good games. Off the top of my head, some of the games I'd consider for that title would be:

• DOOM
  • System Shock 2
  • Half-Life
  • Starcraft
  • Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos
  • Mortal Kombat (2011)
The impact those games had on me each was huge.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I’m going to put out the controversial opinion that Arhkam City may have actually been a better game than Arkham Knight (even though I really enjoyed them both)
I LOVE Arkham City but I have Knight above it for several reasons.

1. Batman's incompetence in City. Almost every single problem Batman faces in this story mode is because he goofed. He walked into a trap and got knocked out by Harley (which is a bunch of bullshit) and something he shouldn't have fallen for. He spends most of the plot running errands instead of actively making decisions. Talia gets killed because Batman as the world's greatest detective got outsmarted by a very heavily telegraphed plot twist. Batman has virtually no agency in the story and it bugs the hell out of me. In Knight, they did a great job of still putting Batman on a clock with the Joker virus, but he is on the offensive and kicking tons of ass, while clearly being stretched to his limit. I'm too much of a Batman comic nerd for Arkham City to not bother me. Knight has it's issues though, but I still preferred the story overall.

2. Combat and predator sections of course have been perfected in Knight.

To sum it up, I think Arkham City has a mediocre at best story that was told very very well. With a few tune ups, this story could have been one of the best Batman stories out there. I still really like the vibe of it, it feels like a season of 24 / escape from new york / Batman all in one.

Last edited:

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
My list of best game during the current generation of consoles... but i use PC.. do no console exclusive games!
  1. Satisfactory
  2. Stellaris
  3. Elder Scrolls 5 : Skyrim
  4. MK11
  5. Orcs Must Die 1+2 (2 is basically a massive DLC)
  6. The Talos Principle
  7. Mass Effect 2
  8. Subnautica
  9. Civilisation IV
  10. Endless Space 2
This is pretty hard to do.. a generation in console terms is so long, there is literally 100s of games you played that you need to remember exist... I think this is why so many lists are just recent games or games that have recently had a sequal.

Jynks

Yeah... I loved the Mass Effect games, but I think 2 was the best of the three... never played the 4th.

It was, but.. That's like 2 generations ago :p
One generation ago, actually.

oh lol... well. It is hard to remember!! rofl.. maybe PC got it late? I dunno.
Mass Effect 2 was my favourite of the trilogy, and the whole trilogy was great. The first game came out on Xbox 360 first, then PC, then PlayStation 3 a long time later down the road.

The sequels launched on all three platforms at the same time, though Mass Effect 3 was available on Origin on PC only.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
One generation ago, actually.
2010 is about 2 PC generations ago. Usually people upgrade every 4-5 years to the next system up.

If you manage to run a gaming PC for 10 years straight and play the latest games, more power to you.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
  1. Bloodborne (PS4)
  2. Sekiro (All Platforms)
  3. Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4)
  4. Cuphead (XB1)
  5. Dark Souls 3 (All Platforms)
  6. Dragon Age Inquisition (XB1)
  7. For Honor (All Platforms)
  8. Code Vein (All Platforms)
  9. Pokémon Sword & Shield (Switch)
  10. Call of Duty Modern Warfare: WarzoneThe Battle Royale Version of CoD: MW” (All Platforms)
The Witcher 3 was fun, but it was definitely overhyped and I couldn’t get through the entire game.

Fortnite is also a top 10 contender. It gets a lot of hate but it was somewhat revolutionary as far as what it has done for gaming. I loved the game and still do to a certain extent. But they have changed the game so much it’s not really what it used to be.

I absolutely LOVED For Honor. It was such a fantastic game and it was completely unique. The combat system was amazing as were the characters. One character, Warden, felt like it was made for me. Fit my playstyle perfectly and was just a solid well rounded character. Unfortunately, the devs listened to the scrubs and nerfed Warden unnecessarily and also changed the game too much. It was obvious the direction the game was headed, so I dropped it. But early on it was one of the most fun multiplayer games I’ve ever played until all the changes. Such a shame. Had an incredible amount of potential. Also, it could be a lot better at this point, haven’t played it in a long time.

Sekiro, Bloodborne, and Dark Souls 3 were all absolutely fantastic games. All in which came from the brilliant mind of Hidetaka Miyazaki. I am BEYOND excited for Miyazaki’s next project, Elden Ring. Who he is collaborating with George R. R. Martin on the game’s alleged massive and intricate story. Miyazaki is by far my favorite dev/game director or whatever label best suits him. He really puts effort and care into his games. He doesn’t just shit out crappy versions of games just for the easy bag. He wants his games to be challenging, fun, actually make you think, and just to be games that are extremely well made that have lasting power. ALL HAIL MIYAZAKI!

There’s also probably a bunch of games I’m forgetting. But my list looks solid enough for me.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Disappointed with the lack of Miyazaki fans in this thread. If y’all haven’t yet played Sekiro, Bloodborne or the Souls series, I HIGHLY recommend that you do!

Jynks

Souls.... as in "Dark" Souls? If so that would be a HARD pass on that one. I can't stand that series.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Disappointed with the lack of Miyazaki fans in this thread. If y’all haven’t yet played Sekiro, Bloodborne or the Souls series, I HIGHLY recommend that you do!
I'll buy Sekiro once i get paid lol, I'm not interested in Bloodborne or Souls tbh. Sekiro peaks my interests because the emphasis on parries rather than dodges.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I'm happy to not see MGSV. I love the way that game plays but the story was awful imo, I feel bad for calling Naughty Dog pretentious because Kojima is out there.

Zviko

Noob
I'll buy Sekiro once i get paid lol, I'm not interested in Bloodborne or Souls tbh. Sekiro peaks my interests because the emphasis on parries rather than dodges.
This is why Sekiro is the only Souls-like game I gave a go and I love it. I might try the others but I feel like Sekiro already ruined it with it's amazing combat. Nioh looks good though.