What's new

Top 5 Most Legendary Moments In MKX!

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
As we have reached the final major before Injustice 2 comes out, we take a look back of some of the memorable moments of MKX's life. There have been many fantastic moments and memorable sets but I have to try and narrow it down to just a top 5. This top 5 is purely opinion based and any sets or matches that I may have missed is not me downplaying the moment or the hype, these 5 just stand out on its own in my opinion.

We start with 5 and count down to the greatest moment of MKX!

5. Combo Breaker 2016 Top 8
I can not possibly pick just one match from this tournament, there was hype everywhere. A F0xy Grandpa in a close set against Dragon - winning 3-2, Raptor edging out PL 3-2, Raptor eliminating SonicFox with great Shirai Ryu play, International Grand Finals between Canada's Hayatei in Loser's and UK's F0xy in Winner's. This was also at the game's probably most broken state, too...so enjoy that haha

4. SonicFox beats Perfect Legend in ft10 by a score of 13-0
People got banned for PL's stream for merely uttering the numbers 13 and 0. No, seriously, he had it as an automatic ban. The beef between SonicFox and PL (Evo champions at different MK games) was at a high point and PL said his Kung Lao could beat SonicFox's Erron Black in an offline ft10. Enter Summer Jam. By the time the set was finished, SonicFox won 10-0 with Kitana. SonicFox got on the mic, explained he could name many players with a better Kung Lao. PL's shameless last words, "I said Erron Black". So the ft3 was on. SonicFox handily beat PL 3-0 and thus, the legend of 13-0. Needless to say, MKX didn't treat PL too well.

3. Dragon's run in Final Round 20
After a long run of not winning a tournament, Dragon finally was able to prove why many have him in the top 5 players in the world. In first round of top 8 winners, he beat another arguably top 5 player in Semiij who has the strongest Mileena in the world. In Winner's finals he faced off against his long time tournament demon, THE SonicFox. Dragon goes up 2-0 after making a real master comeback in the first match. SonicFox evened it up 2-2 after switching to Sektor. In game 5, the rounds are tied and Dragon wins by reacting to SonicFox trying to jump out of the corner with a d2 antiair. In Grand Finals, Dragon beat out #2 player in the world, Scar, and his world best Smoke and won his first major in 16 tournaments in spectacular fashion.

2. WoundCowboy vs Forever King ft10
In the Battle Of Name Changes, whoever lost this offline ft10 had to change their names to whatever the people of TYM voted on. What started out as a lightheartedly serious set ended up being the best display of high level MKX play in such a long set. It came down to the very last match, as both players were tied 9-9. WoundCowboy won and Forever King was known as Burger King for the next few months.
Amazing set if you have time to sit through it!

1. The obvious answer - Evo 2016 Grand Finals: SonicFox vs Tekken Master (The Hats Off Set)
Shocking all but Pig of the Hut, who called his deep run before Evo started - Tekken Master found his way to Grand Finals on the loser's side against the defending Evo Champion, SonicFox. Not many Fighting Game players have the skill of SonicFox and NOBODY has a signature look to go along with it. Fox's furry hat, tail, and gloves go hand in hand with his legendary name and skill. That was until the unthinkable happened - Tekken Master reset the bracket 3-1. After bracket reset, Tekken Master takes the first match and goes up 1-0. In response, SonicFox took the signature hat off. Mandalay Bay erupted. The stream monsters scream "I thought it was part of his head!" SonicFox takes 2 matches in a row then Tekken Master evens it up. SonicFox changes to Acidic Alien and the rest is history. SonicFox became 2 time Evo champion, solidifying his legacy even more.

Those are just my personal top 5, if you have any different ones or you think should be in Honorable Mentions, let me know!

Honorable Mentions
A F0xy Grandpa bodies everyone at SCR
AFG has a dominant showing at SCR2015 with Kung Lao, clearing through everyone and making it to winners side of Grand Finals where he won 3-0 over Forever (Burger) King.

Armor vs Armor - Forever King Jr vs WoundCowboy
At CEO 2015 when the game, for some reason, was ft2 - we came across one of the most interesting moments of MKX. King Jr's Jason against one of the best Shinnoks in the world in Wound, King Jr goes up 1-0 and is on the cusp of defeating Wound. Late in the match deciding round, King Jr did the Jason thing and armored up after altering Wound's buttons. Somehow, Wound was able to armor up, too. So for about 5 seconds both of these guys were just hitting each other with armor on. Eventually, the person who armored up first won out and King Jr takes out Wound.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
1. Wound vs King first to ten

2. 13-0

3. DJT roflstomping King's Predator at TFC with Sub-Zero(back when Predator vs Sub was considered 7-3 Predator), then King finishing it with GORO(back when Goro was complete ass)

4. Foxy murdering everyone at the SCR he won

5. Ketchup at top 8 EVO. Not any particular moment but I was glad to see him do so well, he seems like a super nice guy and he totally put Sorcerer Quan on the board back when Summoner was where it was at.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I like this list,(though 13-0 never did much for me) Evo and TrekkerMaster delivered a crazy hype set against Sonic who would just not die or even look remotely beatable for the majority of that patch.

Honorable mention to Forever King vs Madzin in the epic Blood God mirror with Foxy and DJT on the mic. Hype and Hilarious.

And that time DJT got robbed when Crystalline's shatter whiffed against Fox.

1. Sonic vs Tekken Evo 2016: Sonic met his Ultimate opponent who by the end was one game away from making the ultimate upset but Sonic pulled through and further established his place as the ultimate NRS player. It was also a crazy good set.
2. ESL season 3 finals: NA vs EU Every player brought something impressive and came very various parts of the world most of them utilizing their own characters/variation and in the end it came down Sonic vs Foxygrandpa, the best 2 players of their respective regions and in my opinion the ultimate display of international competition in the game
3. Sonic vs PL 13-0 I consider this as a weird way to pass on the torch from the MK9 champ to the MKX champ, I honestly feel sorry for PL, hopefully Injustice 2 treats him better. It was far from the last time Sonic would clean sweep everyone in his path
4. VSfighting 5 Madzin vs Foxygrandpa: Madzin is easily my favourite player in the NRS scene and I think it's safe to say the best Sub Zero in the game. Grand finals at vsfighting was his ultimate moment in the spotlight making a 6 game comeback against a seemingly unstoppable opponent in the form of Foxy
5. Scar wins SCR 2016: Sonic is usually considered the best in NA while Scar typically 2nd place. Scar showed his best performance at October/November 2016 when MKX had its last patch with most of the broken stuff removed. Scar showed great adaptation and defeated his tournament demon and emerged from losers to win SCR

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
The first time we saw Demo in tournament was something else. I forget the tourney but that for me was one of the hypest tournaments to watch.

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
What about Final Round 19 SonicFox vs. PNUT? Remember when Sonic was zoining him out and PNUT used Kotal's sunlight which chipped him out and lead to a brutality?! Hypest moment of the tournament!
I forgot about that, that shit was actually insane

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
I just
What about Final Round 19 SonicFox vs. PNUT? Remember when Sonic was zoining him out and PNUT used Kotal's sunlight which chipped him out and lead to a brutality?! Hypest moment of the tournament!
You may be confused lol I just watched the set and that didn't happen or I missed it lol

Mr. Freeze

Green Lantern and Grodd Main
You misse
I just

You may be confused lol I just watched the set and that didn't happen or I missed it lol
They played 2 different sets. One in Winner's and one in Loser's Final. I'm talking about the loser's final set.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
This reminded me, I had been making a hypest set/match list ever since the game came out. You can tell when I completely lost interest in MKX because the last thing that was listed is from TCW 2016, aha! Features matches from pools all the way up to grand finals - any match that had me personally on the edge of my seat lol.