What's new

Top 5 Mortal Kombat 11 Tips To Improve!

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
Good Video! I really liked that it didn´t start with "It´s ya boi here, please subscribe bla bla bla". Absolutely ok at the end of the Video (I subscribed). More video makers should go that route imo.

Video could be shorter though, you showed some combos or movement or whatever after the tips without saying anything and it felt a little bit out of place cause I didn´t really know what you were showing with that.

Your voice is loud and clear and very calm which is good. A little bit excitement could benefit you here. Like for example after you show how much damage you can get off of a anti-air. Make us "hear" that this is something very good. All personal opinion of course :)

Keep it up man! Looking forward to the next video

SnoopyClownGang

Who's Next?
Good Video! I really liked that it didn´t start with "It´s ya boi here, please subscribe bla bla bla". Absolutely ok at the end of the Video (I subscribed). More video makers should go that route imo.

Video could be shorter though, you showed some combos or movement or whatever after the tips without saying anything and it felt a little bit out of place cause I didn´t really know what you were showing with that.

Your voice is loud and clear and very calm which is good. A little bit excitement could benefit you here. Like for example after you show how much damage you can get off of a anti-air. Make us "hear" that this is something very good. All personal opinion of course :)

Keep it up man! Looking forward to the next video
Thanks so much for all the feedback! It's really helpful. :) I will keep it in mind when I make my next video. I think memorizing my script or talking more off the cuff will help with the dead air and lack of excitement in my voice lol

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
There is one tip for beginners that no video ever talks about.. I have literally NEVER seen anyone talk about it ever on youtube..

Tip 0 - Stop trying to learn long combo strings and trying to input them like you are typing on a keyboard. Combos are a timing issue. The "kombo strings" in the move list are like that and it confuses new players into thinking it all is like that. It is not. So my tip is this... Simply learn your strings. As in the kombo strings in the move list.. not kombos from youtube. Before you do anything you should be able to do those strings from memory. Then LOOK at the screen while you are doing it and use the timing to see how things are connected. If you do a popup, you need to wait or not to do the next string, maybe even move.. but it is a visual que and understanding your string will inform you how to convert. The amount of times at a local I have seen people trying to learn MK and trying to input these massive kombos as fast as possible and failing. I mean I have literally seen people not even looking at the screen and just reading like sheet music the commands from their phone .... that is not how MK works.

darth_infamous

#InfamousXO
Regarding Tip #1 ss there a way in practice to set the AI to block randomly? I've had trouble confirming hits (I will often do a string into Noob's teleport and get punished for it) so I wanted to practice hit confirming strings into my combos.

SnoopyClownGang

Who's Next?
Regarding Tip #1 ss there a way in practice to set the AI to block randomly? I've had trouble confirming hits (I will often do a string into Noob's teleport and get punished for it) so I wanted to practice hit confirming strings into my combos.
Absolutely! Go into practice mode and press start. Go to AI options and go down down to the setting called "blocking"(I think, not at my console atm), and set it to "Random Kombo". This will make it so that everytime you do a string, the AI will either block ALL of it or NONE of it. If you set it to "Random Attack" then there is a chance the bot will let go off block after each hit in your string or combo.

darth_infamous

#InfamousXO
Absolutely! Go into practice mode and press start. Go to AI options and go down down to the setting called "blocking"(I think, not at my console atm), and set it to "Random Kombo". This will make it so that everytime you do a string, the AI will either block ALL of it or NONE of it. If you set it to "Random Attack" then there is a chance the bot will let go off block after each hit in your string or combo.
Perfect, that's what I was hoping that there would be an option where I can practice if they block first hit of a string, but the next 2 hit. Thanks.

SnoopyClownGang

Who's Next?
There is one tip for beginners that no video ever talks about.. I have literally NEVER seen anyone talk about it ever on youtube..

Tip 0 - Stop trying to learn long combo strings and trying to input them like you are typing on a keyboard. Combos are a timing issue. The "kombo strings" in the move list are like that and it confuses new players into thinking it all is like that. It is not. So my tip is this... Simply learn your strings. As in the kombo strings in the move list.. not kombos from youtube. Before you do anything you should be able to do those strings from memory. Then LOOK at the screen while you are doing it and use the timing to see how things are connected. If you do a popup, you need to wait or not to do the next string, maybe even move.. but it is a visual que and understanding your string will inform you how to convert. The amount of times at a local I have seen people trying to learn MK and trying to input these massive kombos as fast as possible and failing. I mean I have literally seen people not even looking at the screen and just reading like sheet music the commands from their phone .... that is not how MK works.
Yeah I haven't seen anyone talk about that. That's a good tip!

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

Klassic Brutalities in UMK3 and MKT really helped a lot for timing in any fighting game, i still know the rythm of possibly every brutality

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.

Or you could simply explain to them what a “link” is haha