What's new

Top 3 Characters That Need Buffs and Nerfs ASAP in Your Opinion

damn people STILL asking for geras nerfs?

has anyone even played against him in the new meta or are we just going off paper here?

If we are being honest here, the nerfs that recently came out really only hurt/help people who play at a high level or aspire to play at a high level.

Casual players and intermediate players who don’t want to level up aren’t happy with these changes because they don’t pertain to them.

KombatLeaguePlay0r51ststreet doesn’t want to take the time in the lab to learn how to flawless block, he doesn’t have time for that shit! He wants jump kicks to be negative on block so he can take his turn back!

He doesn’t care about glow kick having an FB gap or rising star possibly getting one, he wants them to be full combo punishable on block!

Geras main string now can be blown the fuck up with enough practice, practice? Who the fuck wants to do that! Nerf his Kbs and his dammy!

Johnny keeps clipping me with his 18 frame low because I’m pressing buttons and flailing around in neutral!

BURY HIM.

I’m super excited for the direction this game is going I really am but with it comes self reflection.

To most people the general changes for this game and some of the character nerfs will mean diddly squat unless we level up.

How many people do you play(in KL atleast) who take advantage of flawless block? I know I can count them probably on one hand.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
This. There's no way to tell how it is now after only 1 day. Not many characters got direct changes but the general gameplay adjustments are pretty huge. Geras especially. Everyone is talking about his string having a gap now, what about not being able to tick throw from jump ins anymore? That's huge for mid command grab characters.
Geras generally uses his body splash though, not a jump kick. So no change.

Cetrion needs to apologize to the rest of the Elder Gods, she must’ve pissed them off real bad to be “blessed” with the worst tournament-legal Variation: Born Again.

Maybe when she’s forgiven for her transgressions, Deadly Winds will be reduced by 7f-10f startup, so that it might actually be possible to get a restand in combos.
Then the balance may be restored by making Conflux of Elements cost only 1 Defensive Stamina and work on a rotation, similar to Platinum’s Drive in BlazBlue or Teddie’s D-button in Persona Arena. That would allow Cetrion to get that grab KB against more than newbies once in a blue moon.

Buff:
-Skarlet
-D'Vorah
-Shao Kahn

Nerf:
-Cetrion
-Geras
-Johhny/Cassie

Patch released few days ago was a mess! Especially consodering that we didn't get a balance patch for months.

Skarlet nerfed for no reason instead of being buffed. She stays bottom 5 just worse. D'Vorah and Shao not touched.

Cetrion stays S tier. Geras changes are not enough. Johhny... almost nothing. Cassie not touched.
seriously, are you going to mention geras in your "must nerf" list? lol

instead of using the word "buff" i would use "adjustment"
-johnny
-jaqcui
-scorpion

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Kinda surprised so many people want D'vorah buffs. Totally on board, but what specifically do you all want? The other variations improved? A real mid?

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Nobody knows wtf they want. Patch literally just came out and half of y'all only play towers anyway. How many Geras' have you even fought within the last day that made you think he still needs to be touched?

Jbog

Noob
I mean seriously tjis patch fix a lot of little annoyjng bugs example annoying j3 actually consistently aa now. Plus the nerfs hurt good top teir characters but didnt kill them lets let this patch sink in before we demand 100 more nerf/buffs.

sars

Noob
I think they should just buff a couple characters. Let’s be real once the big patch comes out after the finals people will just bitch about 3 new characters. Than the cycle will repeat.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Buff: Characters I use.

Nerf: Characters I don’t use and characters I can’t beat/have trouble beating.

/thread.
This is exactly what i thought . People dont like to fight geras or cetrion and they will want them nerfed even if they are bottom 5 lol

Cetrion just took huge nerf on far teleport costing both bars which is huge part of her gameplan , she was nerfed before too and he still wants her nerf even more . Same with geras , his nerfs were enough ( and prerson who hates geras too is telling you this )

Buff cetrion force of nature pls

^^^

Born Again either needs buffs or a warning before picking it, similar to the warning before picking Clap-Trap in Borderlands Pre-Sequel.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Kinda surprised so many people want D'vorah buffs. Totally on board, but what specifically do you all want? The other variations improved? A real mid?
Yeah, I think either a bit more damage or a good mid but if they overdo it, she's gonna skyrocket up the tier list with her pressure and setups in Buzzed. But I think they should just make her 2 other variations more useful imo, instead of just buffing her universal moves.

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
There needs to be only one change, Sonya's zoning. Either 3 frames more on start up or recovery would do.

Second Saint

Yeah, I think either a bit more damage or a good mid but if they overdo it, she's gonna skyrocket up the tier list with her pressure and setups in Buzzed. But I think they should just make her 2 other variations more useful imo, instead of just buffing her universal moves.
For the record, I don't think Buzzed needs any buffs, but the other two genuinely could. Ideally, I'd like to see the extra strings in buzzed made universal, the KB and hitbox on f22d1+3 redesigned, and strepsiptera changed to a 2 slot move. That would go a long way toward improving the other variations, and buzzed would play the same, except with a KB that doesn't have a near impossible "block late" requirement. Personally, I'd like to see it be something that can be loaded. That way if you say land it twice, the third time people would have to be insane to not stand block.

If anything were made mid, I would suggest it be s2. For Buzzed and KK, that's just an 11f mid stagger string that leads to 12% or so. For Arachnophobia, it's a big deal because 21~teleport links.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
damn people STILL asking for geras nerfs?

has anyone even played against him in the new meta or are we just going off paper here?

If we are being honest here, the nerfs that recently came out really only hurt/help people who play at a high level or aspire to play at a high level.

Casual players and intermediate players who don’t want to level up aren’t happy with these changes because they don’t pertain to them.

KombatLeaguePlay0r51ststreet doesn’t want to take the time in the lab to learn how to flawless block, he doesn’t have time for that shit! He wants jump kicks to be negative on block so he can take his turn back!

He doesn’t care about glow kick having an FB gap or rising star possibly getting one, he wants them to be full combo punishable on block!

Geras main string now can be blown the fuck up with enough practice, practice? Who the fuck wants to do that! Nerf his Kbs and his dammy!

Johnny keeps clipping me with his 18 frame low because I’m pressing buttons and flailing around in neutral!

BURY HIM.

I’m super excited for the direction this game is going I really am but with it comes self reflection.

To most people the general changes for this game and some of the character nerfs will mean diddly squat unless we level up.

How many people do you play(in KL atleast) who take advantage of flawless block? I know I can count them probably on one hand.
Funny thing is that they also made a nerf to accomodate lower level players (f212 now -6). They could've just stopped at the gap.

Wigy

There it is...
There's so many characters with variation specific moves and kbs that are just trash.

Late blocking mixup KBs all need to go, Kano etc.
Only one that makes sense is baraka as it punishes bad flawless block attempts.

Frost has some 5789frame overhead that requires you to punish low moves for the kb. Never changed in any patch, boggles my mind how lazy or incompetent NRS are cause it's one or the other. The move is reactable, leads to nothing and is punishable as fuck by anyone. Stuff like that remaining for 4 patches is what urks me. Every other character is an example of this.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Considering where the top end sits right now and that we just got a notable patch that changed core gameplay aspects across all characters, the only changes I see as being "needed" are bringing underperforming variations up to snuff. I put "needed" in quotes as the way I see it, none of these variations are entirely useless; but I feel they could definitely use a little love bump here or there to variation-specific items. I wouldn't consider any of these needing changes "ASAP" though. Some examples:

Cassie V3
Cetrion V3
D'Vorah V3
Erron V3
Kitana V3 (potentially. the U2 change is pretty damn big)
Kollector V3
Lao V3
Noob V3
Raiden V3

I'm sensing a pattern here, but I can't put my finger on it.

Second Saint

Considering where the top end sits right now and that we just got a notable patch that changed core gameplay aspects across all characters, the only changes I see as being "needed" are bringing underperforming variations up to snuff. I put "needed" in quotes as the way I see it, none of these variations are entirely useless; but I feel they could definitely use a little love bump here or there to variation-specific items. I wouldn't consider any of these needing changes "ASAP" though. Some examples:

Cassie V3
Cetrion V3
D'Vorah V3
Erron V3
Kitana V3 (potentially. the U2 change is pretty damn big)
Kollector V3
Lao V3
Noob V3
Raiden V3

I'm sensing a pattern here, but I can't put my finger on it.
Hmmm...I've got it. They're alphabetical! But what does it all mean?