What's new

Question Top 10 Zoners

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
I thought this was strictly zoning which does differ from space control. If we're adding space control to the list then shouldn't Shirai Ryu be on the list? :DOGE
zoning is more then just projectiles. it's really just containing your opponent to one area in fact I think you can make an argument that lasher is top zoner

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I like zoning and defense much more than offense. I even dropped Cage who is one of my favorite characters lore wise because I like to take it slow.

Kenshi, a "zoning" character isn't as good a zoner as most of the cast which is sad. Balanced with the minus 45 teleflurry and the neutral on hit overhead slash, fuck me sideways. Or possessed where YOU CAN RUN RIGHT THROUGH THE TELRFLURRY

Generalbit

The blade of osh-tekk is stale.
Reptile? Stopping force ball, quick AA projectile, slimy slide under or to stop jump ins, I feel like he's underrated. Ik u can inch in but I still feel like he should at least be brought up

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Reptile? Stopping force ball, quick AA projectile, slimy slide under or to stop jump ins, I feel like he's underrated. Ik u can inch in but I still feel like he should at least be brought up
Reptile's zoning is an honorable mention. Don't think it's better than most of the characters that have been listed.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Its amazing Kang is overlooked for his zoning while Mileena is chastised for hers - they, according to in game data iirc, have the same EXACT frame data with their projectiles.
Mileena doesn't just keep people out with her projectiles though. Ball rool, B12 and the threat of an armored launcher make her much harder to get in on and mount your offense.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
1. Summoner Quan (one of the only zoners to make a projectile be his turn again and have a guessing game with a single Projectile)
2. HQT Predator (Obvious)

3. Kano Cybernetic/CT (underratedIMO) Mids and has a mixup with ball, AA laser into full combo corner carry)

4. Full Auto Jacqui (plenty of tools to out zone opponent)

5. Mileena (Awesome Space control/Anti Zoning/Zoning.)

6. Sektor (Obvious, Up rockets advantage control of where they go, the guessing game, and turn switch with them, as well as options of forward rocket, and Metered Rocket into OS, and TP Uppercut and FT.)

7. Shinnok Bone Shaper/Necromancer (flick, Ground grab into juggle, and unblockable hand crush) then Hell sparks OP, Scoop is full screen lowand meterable)

8. Gunslinger Erron Black, (Good trade with double shot[SOS4], good AA with SOS2, and decent low with SOS3 and can break some armor as well as SOS2 can break armor being a double hit and can also jail in corner)

9. D'Vorah Brood Mother (i know this sounds strange, but it has armor break capabilities, and well oki with it is kinda Anti Zoning)

10. Acidic Alien (exo sting is fast and spamable, downside is it doesn't reach full screen, and U+3 only hits airborn opponents)

Runner up: HM: As much as i hate to say it, even though 11. Kenshi has many flaws and is very much lacking, Kenjutsu and Balanced are very well equipped to zone. and will be even better after he receives buffs. might even be top 3 in Zoning if he receives the buffs he needs. His zoning is solid, its thew other parts about him that are lacking.

if you think about it: Shinnok Necromancer is said to be a very good Zoner: and if you think about it just Like Kenshi you can punish Necromancer when you run through the flick and jump the ground hand. Kenshi you duck the BF3 anf Jump the BF2 (Kenjitsu)
12. Mournful Kitana

Last edited:

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
1. Summoner Quan
2. HQT Predator
3. Kano Cybernetic/CT (underratedIMO)
4. Full Auto Jacqui
5. Mileena
6. Sektor
7. Shinnok Bone Shaper/Necromancer
8. Acidic Alien
9. Gunslinger Erron Black
10. D'Vorah Brood Mother (i know this sounds strange, but it has armor break capabilities, and well oki with it is kinda Anti Zoning)

Runner up: HM: As much as i hate to say it, even though 11. Kenshi has many flaws and is very much lacking, Kenjutsu and Balanced are very well equipped to zone. and will be even better after he receives buffs. might even be top 3 in Zoning if he receives the buffs he needs. His zoning is solid, its thew other parts about him that are lacking.

if you think about it: Shinnok Necromancer is said to be a very good Zoner: and if you think about it just Like Kenshi you can punish Necromancer when you run through the flick and jump the ground hand. Kenshi you duck the BF3 anf Jump the BF2 (Kenjitsu)
12. Mournful Kitana
None of Kenshi's variations can zone properly imo.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
None of Kenshi's variations can zone properly imo.
i feel they are lacking, but just the Kenjutsu variation seems to do well, the BF3 on block is actually not that bad, the BF3 when wiffed is bad, but you can pressure b y waitting and making opponent guess which one you gonna use and when you gonna throw it. the BF2 is good, and the DB4 is garbage in terms of Zoning.

but if they buff, Bf2(tele push) to be like -9 on block i think Kenjitsu will be one of the best: All his Normals and moves are built to space control, they all put them back away or force them out, F4 roundhouse lanuches and on block pushback is good, F2 OH strike is very negative but has good pushback, i think if BF2 is made -9 instead of -13 like it is now, he could make his F2 safe in some matchups and with both those together it has some nice pushback. B32 and F32 as well as B2 being an advancing string, Kenshi has all he needs in Kenjutsu to accell as a Zoner as long as they change 4 things:

BF2 to -9 on block

JIP1 +2 on block

DB1 take 6 frames of recovery off

and one final one since so many have safe oh's, DF1 -8 or -7 on block but keep metered one unsafe.

At least i can't be made out to be a downplayer:)

omooba

fear the moobs
was actually just arguing about this
Summoner Quan
HQT Predator
Demo sonya
Piercing Mileena
Acidic Alien
Sektor
Full Auto
sub zero
liu kang
Tremor Aftershock

Meep8345

Noob
Everyone always says summoner has good zoning but really what even makes it good? Just because he can do a high skull into a rune for free mid screen on block? It's cool and all but really what makes it so good? How does he even really start it. Never fought a summoner that zones they always just jump around like an idiot and try to 50/50 you