What's new

Question Top 10 Zoners

Dayvon

Noob
Who are the Top 10 Zoners? ... and just that. Which characters put up a Big Wall of China and don't let you in.
This game doesn't favor zoning but once in a blue moon you will see characters get zoned out.
I'm curious to see who the community thinks are the best zoners before the new patch comes out.

@beatlejuice

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
1. Summoner Quan
2. HQT Predator
3. Piercing Mileena
4. Acidic Alien
5. Grandmaster Sub-Zero
6. Sektor
7. Boneshaper Shinnok
8. Mystic Ermac
9. Gunslinger Erron Black
10. Aftershock Tremor

Some of you may be confused by Sub-Zero and Ermac, but zoning isn't constricted to simply projectiles. Grandmaster and Mystic can control space pretty well.

Edit: forgot Acidic Alien lmfao

Last edited:

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
1) Quan Chi
2) Shinnok
3) Predator (HQT, I think)
4) Sonya Blade (Demolition)
5) Erron Black (Gunslinger)
6) Alien (Acidic)
7) Raiden (Thunder God and Master of Storms)
8) Mileena
9) Liu Kang
10) Kitana

Depends of the speed and the IAs. I would love to add GM Sub Zero and the others, but they're just the same.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
1) Quan Chi
2) HQT Predator
3) Acidic Alien
4) Mystic Ermac
5) Piercing Mileena
6) Aftershock Tremor
7) Gunslinger Erron Black
8) Pretty Lady Leatherface
9) Boneshaper Shinnok
10) Full Auto Jaqui

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Mileena is easily the most underrated zoner. The recovery on sais are amazing, the meter it builds her, low sai, etc... Her zoning actually becomes pretty hard to get around because you can't jump around them like you can some projectiles because who the hell would jump at Mileena? She down some of the best anti zoning tools like Sub-Zero's slide with low sai, ia sais have really good recovery. She can just belt all that shit out and then break if you get in and hit her and go back to zoning while you have no stamina.

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
1. Summoner Quan
2. HQT Predator
3. Piercing Mileena
4. Acidic Alien
5. Grandmaster Sub-Zero
6. Sektor
7. Boneshaper Shinnok
8. Mystic Ermac
9. Gunslinger Erron Black
10. Royal Storm Kitana

Some of you may be confused by Sub-Zero and Ermac, but zoning isn't constricted to simply projectiles. Grandmaster and Mystic can control space pretty well.

Edit: forgot Acidic Alien lmfao
I thought this was strictly zoning which does differ from space control. If we're adding space control to the list then shouldn't Shirai Ryu be on the list? :DOGE

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I thought this was strictly zoning which does differ from space control. If we're adding space control to the list then shouldn't Shirai Ryu be on the list? :DOGE
Yeah but zoning isn't limited to projectiles. The ice Klone is kind of a projectile even if it is really scrubby. It being on the screen keeps a couple characters from being able to do anything. Jax doesn't even get to play without meter so I'd say Sub-Zero zones him out pretty hard.