What's new

Video/Tutorial TONY-T Cyrax Video Thread. Will be constantly updated!

TONY-T

Mad scientist
So basically what im going to be doing over the next couple of months is adding a bunch of new videos as well as explaining what i feel are his best combos and why. Also id like to discuss combo strategy, as there is plenty of it.

By the way if anyone has any combos to share, please feel free to share it. Im always open to new ideas.

first id like to link some of my previous videos for reference..

Cyrax Round 3

Cyrax Round 4

Cyrax post patch technologies

Cyrax Round 5

Cyrax and Cyblax combo video

Cyrax Tag team combos part 1

How to punish Mileena

Cyrax 74% and 76% midscreen combos no resets

Cyrax tag team combos part 2

New High damage Cyrax combos

High damage combos that bypass the breaker at 96%

Cyrax 106% combos at midscreen

Cyrax 100% combo starting from a net

Lots more to come guys!

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Ok, Im going to start with some combo strategy.

One of the advantages of cyraxs net is that it gives you time to look around. Im constantly looking at my opponents meter , my meter and my opponents life bar. why? to basically tailor a combo depending on how much meter they have.
Over the past 8 months ive been using this tech to a degree, but its only in the past few weeks that i feel i am close to perfecting it.

What it is essentially is a series of combos i have developed wich all depend on how much meter your opponent has. The trick is to pull off a reset combo just before your opponent reaches 2 bars of meter. By doing this you can gain yourself a minimum of 16% and maximum of 48% extra damage post reset, before your opponent can break. How? well im going to show you :)

If you follow this combo formula, you can always gaurantee yourself this extra unbreakable damage so long as you have the meter.

The combos i have formulated are based around the following..

When opponent has 1 bar of meter.

When opponent has 1 and a quarter bar of meter.

when opponent has 1 and a half bar of meter.

When opponent has 1 and 3 quarter bar of meter.

When opponent has 2 bars of meter.

First up im going to be dealing with 1 bar of your opponents meter. So this means all the combos you are about to see are all performed when your opponent has exactly 1 bar of meter. Im going to call this part "Section 1"! These are imo cyrax's best options when your opponent has 1 bar of meter.

SECTION 1 "opponent has 1 bar of meter"

Max damage from 1 bar 90%. this is the base combo for this section.
Opponent cant break until after the post reset b+2. the combo will still do 63% if they break.

1 bar 87% with meter building chip.

In my opinion its best to do the 1,2,1~saw as chip instead of the 3,3,4, d+1~saw, as the latter can be interupted. Also if the 1,2,1 hits them, you can go straight into 1,2,1~ragdoll+throw wich will deal 23% and kill them.
Combo can be broken atfter post reset b+2 but will still do 63%

1 bar 84% throw setup with chip. opponent can break the throw and break the chip if they get hit.

Ok, on to the unbreakables. please keep in mind that all the combos performed both above and below, are when your opponent has 1 bar of meter.
Id ask you to watch the opponents meter very carefully for some of these.

1 bar 70% unbreakable . the 2nd post reset b+2 does 1% more damage then the chest saw.

2 bars 83% unbreakable with post reset EXnet

2 bars 91% unbreakable with pre reset EXnet

3 bars 89% unbreakable with post reset EXnet

3 bars 96% unbreakable with pre reset EXnet

2 bar 100% unbreakable setup. can be escaped.

Ok moving on. Next up is Section 2.

Section 2 deals with combos when your opponent has 1 and a quarter bars of meter.

The base combo for section 2 is as follows..

1 bar 75%. opponent cant break until after the post reset b+2. if they break the combo, it will do 48%. This is the safest combo to do to ensure you get a reset off before they make 2 bars of meter. It can be used up until just before your opponent has 1 and half bars of meter.

Section 2 combos have the same post reset unbreakable options as section 1, but minus about 15% for each combo.

Next up is section 3.

Section 3 combos deal with your opponent having 1 and a half bars of meter.

The 2 base combos for section 3 are as follows..

Base combo 1...

1 bar 61% using the 1,2,3 reset. Unfortunately its almost impossible to get a post reset dash back b+2 after performing the 1,2,3 reset. so instead you must use a cross under b+2. Combo can be broken after the post reset b+2, but it will still do 40%. this is the best combo to use when your opponent has 1 and a half bars of meter.

Base combo 2..

1 bar Anti air combo 70%. Max damage from anti air combo. The anti air combo can be performed up until 1 and a half bars of your opponents meter. Combo can be broken after the post reset b+2, but the combo will still do 43%

These section 3 combos share the same post reset unbreakable combos as section 1, only the 123 reset combos will do 23% less on each combo and the AA combos will do 20% less damage on each combo..

moving on.

Section 4 .

section 4 combos deal with your opponent when he has 1 and 3 quarter bars of meter.

The base combo for section 4 is....

1 bar 60%. opponent can break after the post reset b+2, but the combo will still do 33%

Unbreakables..

1 bar 40% unbreakable from 1 and 3 quarter bars of your opponents meter

2 bars 50% unbreakable from 1 and 3 quarter bars of your opponents meter

3 bars 55% unbreakable from 1 and 3 quarter bars of your opponents meter

Section 5.

scetion 5 combos deal with your opponent when he has 2 bars of meter..

The base combos for section 5 are as follows...

Base combo 1..

1 bar 55%. opponent can break after the post reset b+2, but the combo will still do 28%.

Base combo 2..

1 bar 35% using the breaker trap.

Unbreakables for section 5.

2 bars 67%, unbreakable when your opponent has 2 bars meter

3 bars 80%, unbreakable when your opponent has 2 bars meter

will update more soon

Kosu

Noob
Hi Tonny, I use switch b2/ rewerse b2 tech to take more damage since I saw first combos with switch b2. First thing what I do when I hit comfirm starter of the combo is to watch opponents meter and then I do the proper combo. I know how much damage I can take before hi gets breaker. I was thinking of making simmilar combo strategy. But U post it first, your post is OUTSTANDING as always! :)

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Hi Tonny, I use switch b2/ rewerse b2 tech to take more damage since I saw first combos with switch b2. First thing what I do when I hit comfirm starter of the combo is to watch opponents meter and then I do the proper combo. I know how much damage I can take before hi gets breaker. I was thinking of making simmilar combo strategy. But U post it first, your post is OUTSTANDING as always! :)
Thanks Kosu! ill be posting the section 4 and 5 unbreakables tomorrow. more to come!

Kosu

Noob
Tony your 1 bar breaker trap is 47% because of 2~net, Exbomb is 12% U can get 51% if you input after breaker: d2, 12~net, tele, b2, 3~ragdoll throw ;)

Good shit tony. You should probably put the vids in spoiler tags or something.

Also for the breaker trap, is it really 35%? You can see the damage resets after the breaker.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Good shit tony. You should probably put the vids in spoiler tags or something.

Also for the breaker trap, is it really 35%? You can see the damage resets after the breaker.
If you get a full damage reset after the breaker it can be escaped! I fully tested this with my mate. i made him choose raiden and and had him teleport after the breaker trap. Everytime i got a full damage reset he was able to teleport out of the bomb. The breaker trap only works when its a complete combo from start to finish with no damage reset. we literally tested this for over an hour.

The version i did above is a true combo from start to finish with no damage reset. you cant catch them in another net, it just sends them straight to the ground the same as a 2nd net.

The strange thing about the breaker trap is the red bar on the life bar always resets, indicating a partial reset, but the combo counter does not reset. Its the combo counter that you need to reset in order for a full damage reset. but in the breaker trap "if done correctly" it doesnt reset.

by the way credit to you and j360 for the breaker trap idea, i need to add that in the section.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Tony your 1 bar breaker trap is 47% because of 2~net, Exbomb is 12% U can get 51% if you input after breaker: d2, 12~net, tele, b2, 3~ragdoll throw ;)
you cant re-net them after the breaker trap, if you have done the breaker trap correctly. If your getting a full damage reset after the breaker trap then it can be escaped!

I'm having a tough time doing an inescapable breaker trap (I throw out the second net and it works like it was the first).

I'm guessing, don't do the breaker trap on Raiden lol. You're better off going for unbreakable reset as it's easier to do. If there's a proper way to do this 100% of the time though, then I guess who can resist making your opponent lose 2 bars just to eat another combo?

Kosu

Noob
So your video is not correct ;) Ok, so if you reset and your opponent doesn't escape U can get 65% with 2 bars and 71% with 3 bars (your last midscreen combo ender afrer d2) can U upload it for us :) I am wondering how much U can get with 2 bars and wall after breaker, also U can start with: jps,12~net, Exbomb (18%, 3 breakable hits) or: jps,12~net, jps,12~Exbomb, b2, Exbomb, mb, d2 this is 39% 2 bar starter but first 21% (7hits) are breakable and you have 1 bar left. Check was able to pulled off a 71% after reset in his 118% combo. Do U think that is possible to pull off 100% breaker trap combo?

TONY-T

Mad scientist
I'm having a tough time doing an inescapable breaker trap (I throw out the second net and it works like it was the first).

I'm guessing, don't do the breaker trap on Raiden lol. You're better off going for unbreakable reset as it's easier to do. If there's a proper way to do this 100% of the time though, then I guess who can resist making your opponent lose 2 bars just to eat another combo?
who ever did your breaker trap vid did the inescapable version at least once from memory. ill try and find the combo for you..

combo starts at 22 secs. notice when he went for the njp it made him splat instead of bounce

TONY-T

Mad scientist
So your video is not correct ;) Ok, so if you reset and your opponent doesn't escape U can get 65% with 2 bars and 71% with 3 bars (your last midscreen combo ender afrer d2) can U upload it for us :) I am wondering how much U can get with 2 bars and wall after breaker, also U can start with: jps,12~net, Exbomb (18%, 3 breakable hits) or: jps,12~net, jps,12~Exbomb, b2, Exbomb, mb, d2 this is 39% 2 bar starter but first 21% (7hits) are breakable and you have 1 bar left. Check was able to pulled off a 71% after reset in his 118% combo. Do U think that is possible to pull off 100% breaker trap combo?
if the breaker trap is done correctly, it would be impossible due to the gravity. if your were to do the breaker trap with full damage reset it might be possible, but they could escape the trap.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Yeah that was me who did that inescapable breaker trap. It was incidental and it's tough to duplicate.
are you talking about the 1 bar? if so ive mastered that ever since you put the video up lol. off of 21 net or a net really close to someone just back dash once, it puts you into the perfect spacing for the correct unescapable. just make sure that when you do the midbomb your character doesnt move forward and your all set.

are you talking about the 1 bar? if so ive mastered that ever since you put the video up lol. off of 21 net or a net really close to someone just back dash once, it puts you into the perfect spacing for the correct unescapable. just make sure that when you do the midbomb your character doesnt move forward and your all set.
Have you tried this without breaker? I've tried this and if I don't move at least a little bit forward to plant the bomb, the opponent won't fall into the bomb if they don't breaker the uppercut.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Have you tried this without breaker? I've tried this and if I don't move at least a little bit forward to plant the bomb, the opponent won't fall into the bomb if they don't breaker the uppercut.
yes, its the perfect spacing, are you doing your uppercuts too high? the lower you do the uppercut the better, the timing for the bomb blowing up is the same so no matter what they are getting hit.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
You need to hit the uppercut as low as possible! If you hit the uppercut low they dont go flying off over the bomb! Instead they stay low and the bomb hits them.

I was wondering if you Cyrax masters can critique the unbreakable combo I use, please? :)

Base Combo - 1 Bar of Meter
2-Net-ExBomb[12%]-Close Bomb-Net-Back Dash-b2[16%] = 28% [Choose Combo Ender]
> Saw 32%
>Net-f2-334-d1-Ragdoll 37%

Sometimes Ill go for Command Grab mixup after f2 and if I land that it becomes a 52% combo by doing f2-334-d1-Ragdoll after the f2-Command Grab if it lands.

Im wondering is this legit or are the people Im playing against just not very good? I use this anytime an opponent has 2 bars or is about to have a breaker unless I actively want my opponent to break and waste their meter. Im finding doing these unbreakable combos is ALMOST better or just as good as doing his reset because you only have to catch them 3 times with any random net to win, no breaking allowed! :D

Also, thanks for the videos, some of them actually have helped tremendously, especially the Mileena punish one!