What's new

Match-up Discussion Tom Brady's MU chart for Skarlet

Deity

Noob
Ninj still claims that JC is one of her not good matches. I still don't know about this. she is like Rain... simply use exRedDash anywhere you'd normally poke and blow up JC or Sonya or whoever.

I am seeing what M2Dave is saying. Sitting roughly 3/4th of the screen away makes her Red Dash a guessing game rather than a reaction game.

Honestly... every Skarlet I've played... between Ninj to Skarlett Goddess and ShujinkyDink all play her super differently. Ninj uses the exRed Dash like a boss... while Dink hoards his meter for the block string.
JC can't get in on skarlet to save his life lol. Down dagger, armor dash,f4,3, and dagger cancels give cage huge problems. He can't stop skarlet from building meter at all, so even when he does get close she's gonna have a breaker. It's not unwinnable for cage though.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Idk...Skarlet has basically everything she needs to deal with him defensively. A 6f d1, a 7f d3, a d4 with solid range, f43 to create space when he's getting close, a projectile that pushes back on block (with the addition of having a ton of mind games), and an armored launcher. The thing about Cage...unless you're near the corner, he has to approach you solely on standard advancing options.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
JC can't get in on skarlet to save his life lol. Down dagger, armor dash,f4,3, and dagger cancels give cage huge problems. He can't stop skarlet from building meter at all, so even when he does get close she's gonna have a breaker. It's not unwinnable for cage though.
I dont' agree with this either. I had no problem getting in on her. Doesn't matter either way... you eventually have to touch JC to kill him... which gives him plenty of openings.

I do agree that it isn't even close to in his favor though.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
She doesn't keep him out 100%, but she makes it a pretty decent struggle to get in.

Deity

Noob
I dont' agree with this either. I had no problem getting in on her. Doesn't matter either way... you eventually have to touch JC to kill him... which gives him plenty of openings.

I do agree that it isn't even close to in his favor though.
Reading my post again I did exaggerate. But Skarlet does make Cage's life hard.

One of her normals makes it hard for Cage to get in (the one where she does a cartwheel, not sure which one it is exactly), as the hitbox is deceiving. Granted, I do mainly play online so it's probably a lot more punishable than I think. Combined with the daggers it's annoying. I could see it being slightly in Skarlet's favor.

Deity

Noob
One of her normals makes it hard for Cage to get in (the one where she does a cartwheel, not sure which one it is exactly), as the hitbox is deceiving. Granted, I do mainly play online so it's probably a lot more punishable than I think. Combined with the daggers it's annoying. I could see it being slightly in Skarlet's favor.
you mean f,4,3? It's not punishable on block. On whiff you could probably get a shadow kick though.

you mean f,4,3? It's not punishable on block. On whiff you could probably get a shadow kick though.
Yeah, that's probably it. That was the second Skarlet I ever played so I had no clue what the hell to do lol, I was just dash blocking my way in most of the time. It does seem like a good tool to keep Cage out though. I'll have to try whiff punishes next time.