What's new

Tom Brady returning to the competitive scene

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
NEC marks the return of Tom Brady to the competitive MK9 tourney series. How many people are hype for his return?

He will be at NEC and final round and looks to return to his early MK9 dominating ways because I'll tell you first hand knowledge brady has been playing lights out since EVO and it's a damn shame that the tourney in Chicago never streamed or posted his epic matches w Waffelz, 16 bit etc nor did his performance at an east coast tourney vs khaotik get streamed or posted.

Tom choose to do mlg commentary and because of it has been banned from competing but NEC marks his Major return with his Low tier Sub zero that he in the past has beaten top Laos, kabals, cyraxs with.

He beat Denzel 5-0 in a mirror who later went on to get 2nd at MLG Anaheim w a hell of a performance as well as 5-0 curbo and officially dampened that hype.

He beat clint Freddy and made m2dave claim MU is not that bad for sub

He's constantly matched well w me and others at MLG casuals but of course no one sees it unless it's a tourney

Over the past year he's helped us brand our name more and more and he's taken shots from trolls over and over yet still shows up to the MLG stage w a smile and Tom cruise tier hair to hype up our game/community despite the community being hard on him at many times including times of personal struggle w personal family loss.

Is he perfect? no
Is he emotional? Sometimes very
Is he a top player? Yes

He's Tom Brady and most scenes would kill to have an asset like him. so thanks Tom and look forward to your return to the competitors scene

Attachments

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Tom beat me in losers finals of that east coast tournament (Khaotik beat me in winners finals).
I play Kabal and we played on rooftop day, so I had no excuse.... all I'm gonna say is Damnnn dat Sub-Zero! He is on point!

To say the least: I am hyped! He is one of the most hype inducing players/commentators to date.

See you all at NEC!

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
So now he IS playing MK again? He just got done telling all his fans that he wasn't touching ANY MK ay NECXIII. Where are you Bill? Can you tell us wth is going on or is this just behind the scenes stuff to get people hype and trick people into thinking you retired?

Miss Kanzuki

*KANZUKI GOON SQUAD*
This is what we need,...especially with so many people losing faith in MK9, since he's one of the icons for this community I think he's making a great example and it shows that if he's still is into this game, then maybe it'll inspire others to stick with it! =)

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
I saw the video of his match with Khaotik, it was a good set until he went to Kenshi the last game because you could tell he was rusty with him. He was doing f3 reflects etc so you could tell it had been a while.

I've always loved watching Tom in tournaments and picked up SZ and modeled it completely around his. I'm beyond hype to see what he can do come NEC.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I'll be looking forward to seeing him again at MLG Dallas and hopefully NEC. Depends on how well I do at the former.

Tom, you the man!

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
When Tom was in Chicago before MLG Raleigh he was playing really well. He now plays the Kit vs Sub MU light years ahead of any Sub I've played. Tom sacrificed his competitive career to go E-Sports and be our voice. He's done an awesome job with MLG but I am hyped for his return.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
When Tom was in Chicago before MLG Raleigh he was playing really well. He now plays the Kit vs Sub MU light years ahead of any Sub I've played. Tom sacrificed his competitive career to go E-Sports and be our voice. He's done an awesome job with MLG but I am hyped for his return.
just wanted there to be 3 of the same post :)

I wonder how it feels to not only be good at the game with a shadow of a character.... but also create hype just by being there. Charisma ladies and gents.

zaf

professor
I very much look forward to his return. I was upset when i saw his TYM status saying he is not going to be doing any casuals at dallas.

AK Vip3r

Ghost of Vip3r
Aint beat the best rushdown freddy yet.

*does a little dance*

Nah, in all seriousness we owe the community a runback with Money involved the next time we play. I may have beaten him, but in all fairness it was online.