What's new

General/Other - Sub-Zero Tom Brady going to NEC w/ a vengeance

If @Tweedy had backed out of TCW2 after ALL the shit beforehand y'all would literally have had pitchforks at the ready. Same should apply here. The NRS fgc is already one of the LOWEST on the fgc totem pole... Let's have figureheads asking for donations for something and then that person just take the money and run with an OS. This is NOT how we validate ourselves as a community.

If the money is being given back, no harm no foul. However, if it is not used towards NEC (the directed cause) and kept for a "later tournament" I call 100% bullsh*t. This is the kind of thing that will kill the NRS fgc even more... It's actually disgusting.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
there was this online warrior european streamer who fundraised his entire trip to evo this year for sfv through donations. to this day he has like a donation goal of 400 euros a month, streaming is basically his job, i think his name is mdz_jimmy. anyway a week before evo rolls around and he gets on stream to tell the most long-winded excuse about how he missed his flight because he couldnt get in contact with the people he was supposed to room with or something. it was a bad look.

But even then that guy had the decency to pay out of his own pocket to fulfill his obligation to his supporters, went to evo, drowned in pools, came back home to "work" and is still pulling hundreds of viewers and nobody has a mean thing to say about him besides some light trolling. Meanwhile a figurehead like Tom cant be bothered to go tournament on his own coast completely paid for and nobody in the nrs community will say anything to him lul

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

Oh man I hope all these people calling for Tom's head donated money to him at least. Surely they did right and are rightfully angered right?
So, we have to donate to have an opinion on the matter? Huh, who'd have thought? We're allowed to express our opinion on the matter without having donated.

You can be pissed off about someone's behavior without it directly affecting you or without being directly involved with it. I'd be pissed off for someone if they donated $100 to his cause and then he was like, "Nah, bro. I'm not going to NEC. I'm gonna save it for Injustice 2's first tournament" and then later, "lol PSYCH. Just trollin' guys. lololol".

Fuck. That.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
So, we have to donate to have an opinion on the matter? Huh, who'd have thought? We're allowed to express our opinion on the matter without having donated.

You can be pissed off about someone's behavior without it directly affecting you or without being directly involved with it. I'd be pissed off for someone if they donated $100 to his cause and then he was like, "Nah, bro. I'm not going to NEC. I'm gonna save it for Injustice 2's first tournament" and then later, "lol PSYCH. Just trollin' guys. lololol"

Fuck. That.
Nah man its all fine you can do whatever you want and just say JK MAN I WAS TROLLING and it be okay. *Sarcasm*

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I know that my last post was childish and unbecoming - like asking for donations to go to an event, getting them, then not going - but keeping the money.

You know Tom, why go to tournaments at all? You can make more money scamming. I heard asking for gas money, bus fare, or acting like a disturbed homeless veteran can really get pathetic and unscupulous people paid.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Why go to nec and get rocked when you can be an injustice 2 tester then go to the first Injusticej2 tourney and win. Fucking genious well played #BigBoyMoves #AquamanGetsDaPantiesWetBoyzzzz
You cant be serious. Your joking right?

This is by far the most stupidest post ive read in a long time. Your glorifying this shit?

Benefit of the doubt Tom does the right thing. Ask yourself. Where does this leave you when you stream? This is how you would want your viewers to see you?

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy

This is by far the most stupidest post ive read in a long time. Your glorifying this shit?

Benefit of the doubt Tom does the right thing. Ask yourself. Where does this leave you when you stream? This is how you would want your viewers to see you?
You don't see the sarcasm in his post, seriously?

trufenix

bye felicia
How is it so hard for someone who streams and personally knows as many top players as Tom to not make a clear statement on this shit. The second donator money gets involved this whole man of mystery shit needs to stop.

GAV

How is it so hard for someone who streams and personally knows as many top players as Tom to not make a clear statement on this shit. The second donator money gets involved this whole man of mystery shit needs to stop.
The man of mystery stuff is BS. His future including never getting another dime in donations from anyone has him re-thinking his position and trying to paint it as a joke.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Why don't people toss that money at someone like Semiiij who was good enough to place top 4 at EVO?

Instead they give money to a jobber who feels no sympathy for the donators if he just doesn't feel like using it for said tournament one day.
It's the truth.

Catnip_Her0

Burn It Down

God dam man everyone else on this site trolls till the cows come home lol i do it ONE TIME and people throw a shit fit lol come on mannnn. As far as streams go if i acted like Tom i'd be more popular apparently (he gets 300 people watching him delete the game like seriously ?? LOL ) but i cant bring myself to that level.

Wigy

There it is...
Guarantee tom is just saying this like he says 'i'm quitting mk' etc so people try suck up his ass. Hes just fishing for love and attention.

Hes a washed up crybaby. Frankly have no idea why anybody bothers listening to him. Hes only relevent because of his past.

You can be pissed off about someone's behavior without it directly affecting you or without being directly involved with it. I'd be pissed off for someone if they donated $100 to his cause and then he was like, "Nah, bro. I'm not going to NEC. I'm gonna save it for Injustice 2's first tournament" and then later, "lol PSYCH. Just trollin' guys. lololol".

Fuck. That.
People know who this guy is, if they're surprised by the way he is then lmao. I'm just thinking, why are people giving this guy attention like that.

God dam man everyone else on this site trolls till the cows come home lol i do it ONE TIME and people throw a shit fit lol come on mannnn. As far as streams go if i acted like Tom i'd be more popular apparently (he gets 300 people watching him delete the game like seriously ?? LOL ) but i cant bring myself to that level.
Lol even if Tom didn't act like a spoiled kid, he'd get more viewers than you. He loses just as many viewers from his negativity (including myself) as he gains. He's a very popular streamer, I wouldn't get too jealous of that.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I did not know that Bradley Cooper was a name for Tom Brady and that Zack Galafinakus and Ed Helms were names for relevant players until I saw this video...
Let me fix his surname. It's Galifanakis. He's a Greek. ;)

Check his movie trilogy (Hangover). ;)

About the thread from Tom Brady going to Tweedy, here we go again. I give up of trying to fix his personality. Folks, he's all yours. His personality is incurable.

Reactions: GAV

RagingRicans

NetBattles
I believe I heard him say he would refund the money if the donators asked him too.

I don't think he's confident in his current level of play and was hoping he could reach his peak before NEC.

He probably wants to go to NEC, but is afraid of the backlash he will receive if he does poorly (from lack of practice). I personally think he should take a break from streaming and just focus on playing.

GAV

I believe I heard him say he would refund the money if the donators asked him too.

I don't think he's confident in his current level of play and was hoping he could reach his peak before NEC.

He probably wants to go to NEC, but is afraid of the backlash he will receive if he does poorly (from lack of practice). I personally think he should take a break from streaming and just focus on playing.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Ok:

So Tom called, I spoke with him to clarify, and he says he's still going. In that case, I take him at his word.

Tom if you don't this time, I'm coming to lay you out with a giant inflatable boxing glove :p

Best of luck at NEC.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
People have to understand that Tom 'feels' an immense amount of pressure to perform at any tournament he commits himself to.

There are people in the community (such as myself) who want to see Brady there because its hype (win or lose).

And the other part of the community that want to watch him burn in pools and laugh at his misfortune.

Irregardless of whether or not Tom has set himself into this position; it still eats away at him.