What's new

General/Other - Sub-Zero Tom Brady going to NEC w/ a vengeance

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Why don't people toss that money at someone like Semiiij who was good enough to place top 4 at EVO?

Instead they give money to a jobber who feels no sympathy for the donators if he just doesn't feel like using it for said tournament one day.
Because...

To Sheep - "Tom Brady isn't going to NEC even though you paid for him to go. "

Sheep - "Brady, why not?"

Brady - "................................................"

Don't keep arguing with me even though you know you're wrong.

I said he was good enough to place top 4. If you make it out to be that I said he most definitely would have, even then i'm arguably right, seeing as he placed top 4 at the next best major, beating 3 guys who did place top 8 at EVO.

Just further proving that getting to tournaments is half the battle.
To paraphrase a fictional version of mark zuckerberg, if he was good enough to get top 4 at EVO, he'd have got top 4 at EVO.

Tweedy

Noob
If Tom is now going or gave the money back, disregard everything I said.

I'm not trying to literally destroy his character, but as someone who dies for the chance to go to events, and knows that there are similar skill levels player to me who cannot make it consistently either, taking donations and not going is criminal. Someone like Revetleafing, Rewind, Semiiij, myself, who could and would all place top 8 with a couple cracks, would die for these type of donations. Getting them and being ungrateful is just awful.

But with that being said it's not about player skill. If they want to send him that's fine, as long as Tom isn't ungrateful with their money and this opportunity. I hope to see him at NEC.

Skedar70

Noob
If Tom is now going or gave the money back, disregard everything I said.

I'm not trying to literally destroy his character, but as someone who dies for the chance to go to events, and knows that there are similar skill levels player to me who cannot make it consistently either, taking donations and not going is criminal. Someone like Revetleafing, Rewind, Semiiij, myself, who could and would all place top 8 with a couple cracks, would die for these type of donations. Getting them and being ungrateful is just awful.

But with that being said it's not about player skill. If they want to send him that's fine, as long as Tom isn't ungrateful with their money and this opportunity. I hope to see him at NEC.
You are correct. He might not be the best player but people would appreciate Tom at NEC. However if people donated money for him to go and he doesn't then that is unethical and he should either return the money or go. If he does not do any then no one should ever support him again in any aspect.

GAV

he fucking bailed? with donator money in his pocket? Am I reading this right?
You ruin your good name by doing this. Its very shortsighted of him. Fame is worthless without trust.

Catnip_Her0

Burn It Down
Why go to nec and get rocked when you can be an injustice 2 tester then go to the first Injusticej2 tourney and win. Fucking genious well played #BigBoyMoves #AquamanGetsDaPantiesWetBoyzzzz

GAV

Why go to nec and get rocked when you can be an injustice 2 tester then go to the first Injusticej2 tourney and win. Fucking genious well played #BigBoyMoves #AquamanGetsDaPantiesWetBoyzzzz
All I read was...

"BAAAAAHHHH!!!"

Great to hear Tom Brady will be back in action (quite possibly the best Sub Zero and the best trashtalker/troller).

I'm very curious to see if he has harnessed the new power of Sub Zero as result of the new patch.

Goo Tom!!

Maybe this will inspire Reo, CDjr/CD/Maxter, DetroitBalln, the Terry Bros (MIT/DJT), PL, 16BIT, Tyrant, Wound Cowboy 88 to enter NEC,...then we would have a full flashback to the good old MK9 time!
REO is going from what I heard, 16 bit quit, he doenst go to tournaments anymore.

GAV

I did not know that Bradley Cooper was a name for Tom Brady and that Zack Galifanakis and Ed Helms were names for relevant players until I saw this video...

Last edited: