What's new

General/Other - Sub-Zero Tom Brady going to NEC w/ a vengeance

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Why don't people toss that money at someone like Semiiij who was good enough to place top 4 at EVO?

Instead they give money to a jobber who feels no sympathy for the donators if he just doesn't feel like using it for said tournament one day.
Uhhhhhhhhhh Reread what you wrote pls.

Indecisive

Why don't people toss that money at someone like Semiiij who was good enough to place top 4 at EVO?

Instead they give money to a jobber who feels no sympathy for the donators if he just doesn't feel like using it for said tournament one day.
place top 4 at EVO
top 4 at EVO

Evo Top 8:
1. cR|SonicFox (Acidic Alien, Gunslinger Erron Black, Hollywood Cassie Cage)
2. PLG|Tekken_Master (War God Kotal Kahn, Swarm Queen D’Vorah, Blood God Kotal Kahn)
3. PG|Scar (Demolition Sonya Blade)
4. EVB|Big D (Mystic Ermac, Spectral Ermac)
5. cR|WoundCowboy (Bone Shaper Shinnok)
5. Orbit.MTL|Hayatei (Ronin Takeda, Lasher Takeda
7. EVB|Dragon (Tarkatan Alien)
7. YOMI|Michaelangelo (Summoner Quan Chi)

Tweedy

Noob
Evo Top 8:
1. cR|SonicFox (Acidic Alien, Gunslinger Erron Black, Hollywood Cassie Cage)
2. PLG|Tekken_Master (War God Kotal Kahn, Swarm Queen D’Vorah, Blood God Kotal Kahn)
3. PG|Scar (Demolition Sonya Blade)
4. EVB|Big D (Mystic Ermac, Spectral Ermac)
5. cR|WoundCowboy (Bone Shaper Shinnok)
5. Orbit.MTL|Hayatei (Ronin Takeda, Lasher Takeda
7. EVB|Dragon (Tarkatan Alien)
7. YOMI|Michaelangelo (Summoner Quan Chi)
I mean he got top 4 at CEO and beat Big D, Dragon and Wound.

To say that he could have gotten top 4 at EVO is far from a stretch.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.

Tom's a personality. He interacts with people and streams and has made all of his videos. The people donating like that sort of stuff. Semiij is superb player but to the online world he isn't branded very well. I think.

Basically Tom's popular amongst a lot of the online community :p

Tweedy

Noob
you said to place top 8 at evo not at ceo.
Don't keep arguing with me even though you know you're wrong.

I said he was good enough to place top 4. If you make it out to be that I said he most definitely would have, even then i'm arguably right, seeing as he placed top 4 at the next best major, beating 3 guys who did place top 8 at EVO.

Just further proving that getting to tournaments is half the battle.

Tweedy

Noob
Indecisive either severely lacks reading comprehension or he likes to twist what people say so that he's never wrong.

Indecisive

Don't keep arguing with me even though you know you're wrong.

I said he was good enough to place top 4. If you make it out to be that I said he most definitely would have, even then i'm arguably right, seeing as he placed top 4 at the next best major, beating 3 guys who did place top 8 at EVO.

Just further proving that getting to tournaments is half the battle.
They way you said can be interpreted both ways. Reword what you say. You could of said Semji was good enough to get top 4 at ceo and if he went to evo he had a strong chance to make top 8 as well.

Tweedy

Noob
They way you said can be interpreted both ways. Reword what you say. You could of said Semji was good enough to get top 4 at ceo and if he went to evo he had a strong chance to make top 8 as well.
No it can't.

My post said "good enough", it did not say "for sure".

Even if I did say, for sure, based off of what did happen at CEO, what has happened in the Kombat Cup, etc, i'm not wrong lol.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
building this character and entertaining fans
I think a lot of people miss the fact that this is all a work. Tom is just playing a character. At least I really hope he is.

Having said that, whenever Brady is on stream playing, at a tournament or even just on commentary, I'm fucking riveted. The dude is infinitely entertaining and I'd love to see the show that would transpire should he make top 8, let alone somehow win.

Tweedy

Noob
Yeah, it's sad when someone who will probably drown gets donations, while good players don't, but it's kind of out of line to complain, since an event isn't 100% about the game. Maybe people want to see him there, maybe they just want to see what Sub Zero can do in tournament win or lose.

If he's not going and keeping the money, that's hella fucked up. Ungrateful to the max. Literally getting sent out for being a meme and nothing but a meme at this point.

Skedar70

Noob
I think a lot of people miss the fact that this is all a work. Tom is just playing a character. At least I really hope he is.

Having said that, whenever Brady is on stream playing, at a tournament or even just on commentary, I'm fucking riveted. The dude is infinitely entertaining and I'd love to see the show that would transpire should he make top 8, let alone somehow win.
Its not a facade he uses to entertain, it is actually real. He is depressed and frustrated because he has no success in this game. He always looks for excuses like the "the clone doesn't work", "no one will give me games" etc. He believes he needs attention and praise from the community that´'s why he gets so frustrated and does these things.

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
Yeah, it's sad when someone who will probably drown gets donations, while good players don't, but it's kind of out of line to complain, since an event isn't 100% about the game. Maybe people want to see him there, maybe they just want to see what Sub Zero can do in tournament win or lose.

If he's not going and keeping the money, that's hella fucked up. Ungrateful to the max. Literally getting sent out for being a meme and nothing but a meme at this point.
This is probably one of those points in the thread where you need to ask yourself if you're about to look petty and foolish. We know you don't like Tom but getting upset because other people like him or they want to see him at this event is being a bit immature.

Tweedy

Noob
This is probably one of those points in the thread where you need to ask yourself if you're about to look petty and foolish. We know you don't like Tom but getting upset because other people like him or they want to see him at this event is being a bit immature.
READING COMPREHENSION

I even said in my post that you can't complain for people wanting to send whoever. However, Tom is threatening to not go to NEC and to use the donations for something else lol.

People on TYM cannot read, or they literally change posts in their head to find arguments.

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
READING COMPREHENSION

I even said in my post that you can't complain for people wanting to send whoever. However, Tom is threatening to not go to NEC and to use the donations for something else lol.

People on TYM cannot read, or they literally change posts in their head to find arguments.
Okay. It was only your first sentence in the first post of this thread where you mentioned someone other than Tom deserved to go and you've only replied 8 times on the last page of this discussion picking arguments with people. But no you're not salty at all.

Don't say I didn't warn you before you inevitably get furious at TYM and quit the forums again.