What's new

"Toasty Boost" List is Complete - Grab Your Boost Today!

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
The list is now complete, meaning every single character in the Mortal Kombat 9 roster now has a known "Toasty Boost" input. Yes, this covers all DLC characters and yes, it also covers Kratos, the God of War. What exactly is the "Toasty Boost" again, you might ask? Months back, TONY-T presented us with an image and at the time it was only a myth. This image displayed the words "Toasty Boost" right above your meter, but how it got there was in deep question. Through time and with the help of countless members of the community, we have learned that it's all about the random times [after an uppercut is executed] that Dan Forden will appear at the bottom right corner of the screen and say "Toasty!". During this time, you are presented with an opportunity.

You must act quick, because it has also been discovered that a "Toasty Boost", no matter who activates the "Toasty", it's up for grabs and whoever enters the respective character inputs first gets the "Toasty Boost" which is a full bar of meter with X-ray.
cocotoasty.jpg
How seriously should this be taken, especially in competitive play? It should be taken very seriously. A fine and very recent example of it's practicality can be found here, as just a few days ago GGA'a 16 Bit got a Toasty Boost against Perfect Legend and it most certainly helped him in the last round.

The Complete Toasty Boost List!
  • Baraka -- U,U,D,3
  • CyberSub -- D,D,D,1
  • Cyrax -- U,U,D,1
  • Ermac -- U,U,D,2
  • Freddy -- D,B,D,3
  • Jade -- D,B,D,3
  • Jax -- D,D,D,4
  • Johnny Cage -- D,D,U,1
  • Kabal -- D,D,U,2
  • Kano -- F,F,B,3
  • Kenshi -- F,B,D,3
  • Kitana -- F,F,B.4
  • Kratos -- B,B,D,2
  • Kung Lao -- F,F,B,1
  • Liu Kang -- F,F,B,2
  • Mileena -- B,B,F,3
  • Nightwolf -- B,B,F,4
  • Noob -- B.B,F,1
  • Quan Chi -- B,B,F,2
  • Raiden -- D,B,D,3
  • Rain -- B,B,D,3
  • Reptile -- D,B,F,3
  • Scorpion -- D,B,F,1
  • Sektor -- D,B,D,1
  • Shang Tsung -- D,D,F,3
  • Sheeva -- D,D,F,4
  • Sindel -- D,D,D,1
  • Skarlet -- B,D,D,3
  • Smoke -- D,D,F,2
  • Sonya -- B,B,D,3
  • Stryker -- B.B,D,4
  • Sub Zero -- B,B,D,1
Toasty Boost discoveries credit to: @Check @JAP @MoshpitPetey @bloodsport @Bloodfang @Konqrr @1man3letters @interloko @DJ L Toro @Defenestrator @MOE30W@matterovermind @ssub-zzero @Prinz @xInfra Deadx @Insuperable @Seapeople @Jim @GGA HAN @TylerLantern @TONY-TAU_IM_DIGIMON
List taken from here.

Attachments

Last edited:

Runiix

the only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta
very nice job from all the guys who discovered it!
I would like to know the highest combo possible with Cyrax and Smoke? and corner with Noob? should be some awesome numbers.

just a few days ago GGA'a 16 Bit got a Toasty Boost against Perfect Legend and it essentially won him the last round.
he got like 20% of a bar of meter from it... i would say the 16 bit incident shows it to be somewhat insignificant. if PL had gotten it though that would have been 1.8 bars.
the better example is lulzlou vs claude vonstroke at MLG, that toasty boost gave him 2+ extra bars that lulzlou used on ex nomad dashes to win.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
he got like 20% of a bar of meter from it... i would say the 16 bit incident shows it to be somewhat insignificant. if PL had gotten it though that would have been 1.8 bars.
the better example is lulzlou vs claude vonstroke at MLG, that toasty boost gave him 2+ extra bars that lulzlou used on ex nomad dashes to win.
I was going to say the same thing, I REALLY dislike that line "it essentially won him the last round."

STORMS

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I was going to say the same thing, I REALLY dislike that line "it essentially won him the last round."

STORMS
Using this as an example due to the fact that there is video proof to go along with it to demonstrate to those who may not know anything about TB's.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Using this as an example due to the fact that there is video proof to go along with it to demonstrate to those who may not know anything about TB's.
Yes but that line is implying that the Boost is the reason why 16 bit won that last round.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Damn, even got kratos on that list. This is most surprising indeed. I only see him getting it being on the receiving end of an uppercut though. :(

Also side note: I played online a few days ago and it seems like every person is ending combos with uppercuts. Correlation much? :)

Not only that but 16bit kept taking hits from Carl for the rest of the round. That extra damage he took also would have topped off his bars all the way anyways.

randyth

Noob
Amazing discovery!
MK secrets are the best!

But how the hell were all these inputs found?
By gamecode hacking or gamedata browsing?
It seems impossible someone would try random inputs at random toastys and actually get lucky.....for all characters?

If somehow you got the pre-knowledge that the codes consist of three dpad-inputs and ending with a kick/punch-button...that would still leave 256 possibilities to try.....per character!

Personally I see a NRS leak...to stimulate a new evolution of the game