What's new

Question - Takeda To take Takeda to the next level

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
i didnt know if this should be in the SR thread or the General Thread so feel free to move this if needed..

any suggestions for tactics that people have found works best in these certain situations?

Stuck in a multiple d3s - Sometime it seems that the only thing i can do is d3 after d3 etc. as soon as i try to retreat an any way 7/10 times i get snuffed. i saw in abother thread that f1,2 2+4 /kunai but it on hit would work but what about on block? Seems the only thing i can get out is another D3. Jump i get hit, Dash i get hit, any EX i usually dont have the armor to make it way safely. i do get grabs sometimes but what i have noticed is that if i down 3 into a throw- seems like most of the cast can block the d3 and then throw me from my start up throw animation. this happens more than not and i dont know whether to chalk it up to my timing or the netcode or what . What are some suggestions. A

Meter - giving an taking - I dont know if its just my play style with takeda but it seems that i usually never have 2 or more bars since im always trying ti use this for damage. or safe teleport in ....and when im trying to stock bars and just do non- meter bnbs, his low damage combos are like handing out oprah levels of meter to my opponent. Esp the likes of Scorpions. mileena , and kenshis. like damn ... seems they wake up ex and break no stop and always have bars to spare ......any suggestions or is this pretty much for everyone across the board

Also this causes a prob for constant RUSH DOWN opponents cause i never really want to spend the meter and stamina to break as i feel its better for me to spend it on my offensive. Cause once i give up the meter i and break - im back to using mediocre low damage meter-less combos and handing my opponent ex wake ups that hurt my knock down set ups.

Which now when the rush down im stuck back at D3s scrambling to get back to that mid range spacing.

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
People are saying ronin might be the way to go but I feel like his lack of damage and air control in that variation make it tough to adjust to to me. The level of execution with ronin is intense compared to Shirai Ryu and for what? A 32% 1 meter combo?? No thanks..

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
People are saying ronin might be the way to go but I feel like his lack of damage and air control in that variation make it tough to adjust to to me. The level of execution with ronin is intense compared to Shirai Ryu and for what? A 32% 1 meter combo?? No thanks..

I dont really even try Ronin.. i mean it looks pretty interesting but then i find myself rather picking Kenshi or Shinnok ( bone shaper)

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
i didnt know if this should be in the SR thread or the General Thread so feel free to move this if needed..

any suggestions for tactics that people have found works best in these certain situations?

Stuck in a multiple d3s - Sometime it seems that the only thing i can do is d3 after d3 etc. as soon as i try to retreat an any way 7/10 times i get snuffed. i saw in abother thread that f1,2 2+4 /kunai but it on hit would work but what about on block? Seems the only thing i can get out is another D3. Jump i get hit, Dash i get hit, any EX i usually dont have the armor to make it way safely. i do get grabs sometimes but what i have noticed is that if i down 3 into a throw- seems like most of the cast can block the d3 and then throw me from my start up throw animation. this happens more than not and i dont know whether to chalk it up to my timing or the netcode or what . What are some suggestions. A

Meter - giving an taking - I dont know if its just my play style with takeda but it seems that i usually never have 2 or more bars since im always trying ti use this for damage. or safe teleport in ....and when im trying to stock bars and just do non- meter bnbs, his low damage combos are like handing out oprah levels of meter to my opponent. Esp the likes of Scorpions. mileena , and kenshis. like damn ... seems they wake up ex and break no stop and always have bars to spare ......any suggestions or is this pretty much for everyone across the board

Also this causes a prob for constant RUSH DOWN opponents cause i never really want to spend the meter and stamina to break as i feel its better for me to spend it on my offensive. Cause once i give up the meter i and break - im back to using mediocre low damage meter-less combos and handing my opponent ex wake ups that hurt my knock down set ups.

Which now when the rush down im stuck back at D3s scrambling to get back to that mid range spacing.
Canel d3 into kunai

His MB teleport is not safe....

FiercePhil56

Up-playing loyalist
I play shirai ryu thought I'd give my 2 cents so far. d3 and d4 are plus on block. a good push away attempt is d3 then d4 and following up with f3 is a good option. His wake ups are somewhat limited so you might want to go on the defensive when knocked down. but you can use ex punches to retaliate or far ex tornado kick to armor out and get away. You should use kunai on block strings to stay safe, if they try to armor out of kunai you can use spear or punches instead.

FiercePhil56

Up-playing loyalist
teleport is a good wake up option but not if they are attacking you as you get up, it can go under highs. Takeda's pokes are slowish so you can't always poke out of pressure, remember his 7 frame uppercut is his fastest move. When being pressured the best options are armor, backdash, and uppercut. Best case scenario is keeping them at range with whips and kunai though

Takeda has major problems. He's built for spacing but his normals are so slow compared to the rest of the cast's as well as their movement.

His walk speed is horrible, his pokes are slow, he requires meter for almost everything yet his meter building is terrible. All his armor options lead really nowhere and are easy to block/whiff punish.

SR seems to be useless especially as the game continues to develop and his other variations do nothing to fill in the gaps and weaknesses he has in SR.

Takeda may get better if anyone manages to discover something but he's definitely sub par compared to most of the cast the way he's played now. He's too frustrating for me to use so I've moved on. Just not my style I suppose.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Im not having problems w takeda. Aside from the likes of jax and cassie, I feel he's a solid mid tier. He has buttons for every situation. I just wish his armor was faster in SR.

FiercePhil56

Up-playing loyalist
right, which is a great string. I see what you mean but damage isn't his real strength. His reach is unmatched with those overhead/low mixups. I'm not saying he's top tier or something, I think he has the tools to succeed.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
using takeda requires you to outplay your opponents. you guys need to consider spacing as your number one priority. i have been playing against some of the best players right now, they all get a hang of the mu, they know when to armor through kunai, they know how to block my ex kunai set ups. my strategy is forcing the opponent into doing something i want to do. obviously certain characters fare better than others, but i've gone entire games keeping people out with takeda. yes he is slow, but against a lot of the cast they have to get in on him. make reads in the neutral, use NJP smartly, and predict your opponents movements.

after full screen kunai what does your opponent prefer vs what are there options? do they like to jump the follow up kunai? trip guard with mid kunai, instant air tele into combo, and run b3 or b2 work against most characters. do they run afterwards? f12 is a good option to stop them from approaching, jumping back, instant air spear. what do you do if cornered? i like to wake up throw or reversal throws after pokes. even better is MB throw into the corner gives free 50/50's into corner pressure, and anyone who has played me can attest takeda corner pressure is actually godlike.

i believe eventually takeda will receive slight buffs to attack speed and maybe a reliable wake up option and armor, but until then get used to outplaying and out smarting your opponent and learning MU's.

using takeda requires you to outplay your opponents. you guys need to consider spacing as your number one priority. i have been playing against some of the best players right now, they all get a hang of the mu, they know when to armor through kunai, they know how to block my ex kunai set ups. my strategy is forcing the opponent into doing something i want to do. obviously certain characters fare better than others, but i've gone entire games keeping people out with takeda. yes he is slow, but against a lot of the cast they have to get in on him. make reads in the neutral, use NJP smartly, and predict your opponents movements.

after full screen kunai what does your opponent prefer vs what are there options? do they like to jump the follow up kunai? trip guard with mid kunai, instant air tele into combo, and run b3 or b2 work against most characters. do they run afterwards? f12 is a good option to stop them from approaching, jumping back, instant air spear. what do you do if cornered? i like to wake up throw or reversal throws after pokes. even better is MB throw into the corner gives free 50/50's into corner pressure, and anyone who has played me can attest takeda corner pressure is actually godlike.

i believe eventually takeda will receive slight buffs to attack speed and maybe a reliable wake up option and armor, but until then get used to outplaying and out smarting your opponent and learning MU's.
Its nice to know that im not the only one that feels takeda can do the deed ( i deff have a better understanding of how to play him more spacing and keeping them out to do what i need thanks to you and jr and maxter and jazz) i will have a couple pocket characters but i really think that he is solid and honestly he isn't the only character that suffers from heavy rush quan chi for 1 has issues in that area and i think ferr torr has some issues in there as well. so i hope people don't give up to much hope

gpmoney

CORN | gpmoney. Saltier than a bag of chips.
Takeda has major problems. He's built for spacing but his normals are so slow compared to the rest of the cast's as well as their movement.

His walk speed is horrible, his pokes are slow, he requires meter for almost everything yet his meter building is terrible. All his armor options lead really nowhere and are easy to block/whiff punish.

SR seems to be useless especially as the game continues to develop and his other variations do nothing to fill in the gaps and weaknesses he has in SR.

Takeda may get better if anyone manages to discover something but he's definitely sub par compared to most of the cast the way he's played now. He's too frustrating for me to use so I've moved on. Just not my style I suppose.

It's like you went into my head and posted exactly what i was thinking.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
Thanks for everyone's inputs - Takeda SR is pretty much my main . im pretty set on it. i have actaully been doing a lot better with getting into the zone with him ( yest i had 2 ten-game win streaks on KoTH so i was definitely feeling more confidant and in control of the matches) getting better control over his spacing and his kunai cancels and safe retreats .. pretty much solved all my problems except for the meter and extreme rush downs..

It really seems like Takeda just gives away meter with his attacks. like i said maybe its just the way i play, but it seems that im constantly fill up the other fighters meter. Anybody else feel this way?

and now for the extreme rush down - my biggest prob are Ermacs - holy shit do we have anything that can snuff this guy once he gets in ...mid screen i got him but he ca close the gap so damn fast ... his teleport string teleport string teleport etc... i mean i can use a block break but then i get stuck right back but now with zero meter. i try to d3 kunai but he has a weird combo to where he half steps ,kick steps, or something and it walks right over the Kunai and then i get hit.

i would say i loose to this match up and lui kang more than any others. 3-7

in other news i also found out on his stream from CDjr that Yipes is going to be playing Takeda most likely as well.. Hopefully this means we well see him in action vs other high level players and it will shed some light on how to handle more certain situations.

also you would think a guy with whip-spears would have a better range of swing on his d2... like im surprised he can hit anything sometimes. lol

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda

I've moved on as well. I'm focusing my time and energy into kung jin at the moment. Nothing beats being able to poke out of pressure I'm finding. Until Takeda gets a 6 or 7 frame d1 I don't even want to be bothered with him. As far as his variations are concerned he needs a complete overhaul of at least one of his variations. Lasher feels like it needs a whole move in general.. All of them need a fast poke. Nothing about Takeda seems good anymore. I'm salty AF..

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda

I really want to see some of your matches! You gotta post something. Takeda forums are hanging on by a thread and need a lifeline quick. Give us hope!

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
I've moved on as well. I'm focusing my time and energy into kung jin at the moment. Nothing beats being able to poke out of pressure I'm finding. Until Takeda gets a 6 or 7 frame d1 I don't even want to be bothered with him. As far as his variations are concerned he needs a complete overhaul of at least one of his variations. Lasher feels like it needs a whole move in general.. All of them need a fast poke. Nothing about Takeda seems good anymore. I'm salty AF..
i was feeling this way a bit first too but i stuck with him man.. his play style really fits me. just gotta get through the rough patches and find out how to play that distance game. to me he feels like a rush down fighter that you wanna constantly be in someones face but instead youre forced play in between mid a far screen cause of how slow he can be at times.. personally i dig his character and story also too much to just give up on him ..

it would be nice if they buffed in some better pokes speeds but im not gonna hold my breath for it as even now people that dont know his struggles are saying hes TOP TIER/ OP/ etc and its like "do you even takeda?" lol cause the struggle is hard. that truetalent guy has everyone screaming about ohh he has an overhead overhead low but half of them still have no idea whats hes talking about and why is (so) good.. they just hear his jargon about supoer good and whatnot but not listen to what makes taekda weak, and just sets their mind that takeda is OP.. its frustrating... esp when you pull of a 37 % NJP combo online and end with a brutality vs someone with a laggy Michael J Fox connection and then you get 3 total respect points out of 5 people in room of nothing but scorpions and kitanas.

dont give up on him man................hes got enough abandonment issues...

lol

Takeda is lower mid to lower tier because simply he requires a lot of meter but sucks at getting it. The only way to set anything up is to get frame advantage from kunai. However, some characters can poke out of this frame trap., and it still does not allow relentless pressure, but it provides some. Lasher is the weakest,but does allow some mix up potential. SR allows air mobility and is OK, but I agree that ronin allows him to apply more pressure and get more openings and meter. I think some of his frame data needs slight tweaking and his base meterless bnb's need a slight damage buff. I understand they want a slow lengthy character like Dhalsim, but he is not as good as Dhalsim.

Buff ideas.
Ronin: if quick call had the saber fly back to you and could hit the opponent, WOW!!! I'll take the lack of damage for that
Lasher needs his df1 to actually be a good effective move.

I don't have twitter but maybe Tweet them about your concerns.

With takeda u have to be organized and not mess up one bit . you loose control of the game and they can easily get a flawless on u but if u dominate the space u can end up with a flawless . I love takeda most of my wins are flawless , can't get that from any body els. It's a personal prefrence , takeda is not for any one . The pressure is real , your going to have to know atleast the basic moves of other characters in order to master him ,you'll be blocking like crazy to get that frame advantage .

If any changes should be made , I would put the damage the way it was at first instead of lowering it lol , with that being said . They should at least make fist whirl a special that can actually have block advvantage , that would really balance him in all his variations . IMO :)