What's new

Match-up Discussion TO Hell With You! Scorpion MU

Bugman

Noob
Hello everyone after I main scorpion and analyze his MU, I realize that he struggle a lot against most of the rosters. But at the end of the day I still wanna main him and looking forward to main him on MKX.

Aquaman: 4-6
Ares: 6-4
Bane: 5-5
Batgirl: 4.5-5.5
Batman: 4-6
Black Adam: 4-6
Catwoman: 4-6
Cyborg: 6-4
Deathstroke: 5-5
Doomsday: 3-7
Flash: 4-6
Green Arrow: 5-5
Green Lantern: 4-6
Harley Quinn: 5-5
Hawkgirl: 3-7
Joker: 6-4
Killer Frost: 4-6
Lex Luthor: 5-5
Lobo: 4-6
Martin Manhunter: 4-6
Nightwing: 4-6
Raven: 5-5
Shazam: 5-5
Sinestro: 6-4
Solomon Grundy: 4.5-5.5
Superman: 4-6
Wonder Woman: 4-6
Zatanna: 5-5
Zod: 5-5

Favorable: 4
Even: 9
Unfavorable: 16

E

Eldriken

He loses that badly to Doomsday? Cripes. I had no idea. I figured it was a 4-6 at worst.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
why does he go even with bane but gets pooped on by DD? Which in ok with cause I main DD, but I'm curious.

Bugman

Noob
why does he go even with bane but gets pooped on by DD? Which in ok with cause I main DD, but I'm curious.
He get away easy in the corner by bane and plus if I have a life lead , I can play Tom and Jerry against him. The MU determine who get the life lead first.

ExoticAbuse

★Two Hands★
Scorpion vs Bane is one of my favourite match ups.

I'm a little confused with two match ups here:
Scorpion vs Hawkgirl: How does Hawkgirl beat Scorpion so badly? I never thought it would be that bad.
Scorpion vs Sinestro: How does Scorpion beat Sinestro?

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
Lex beats scorpion 6-4 or IMO 7-3,no way it's even. He just doesn't have a good answer to lexs trait. Obviously I'm willing to prove that in a set if you want @Bugman

Other reasons why it's not even and lex's favour:
  • Lex out damages him and can do anything he wants when scorpion has no meter
  • Lexs jump 3 and normals make scorpions normals look pathetic
  • Lex can outzone you and get momentum easily
  • Lex wins the interactable war
  • Lex can stuff wakeup teleport in mine setups with relative ease that lead to huge damage(eg off a b2 regular mine he can do d3 or b2 and get a full punish

Last edited:

Scorpion vs Hawkgirl: How does Hawkgirl beat Scorpion so badly? I never thought it would be that bad.
Scorpion can't touch her flight really. Her being in air poses a huge problem for him from what I have seen. Most Hawkgirl players love to vs scorpion because of this. lol My main issue with this chart is the numbers on aquaman, batgirl, and mmh. I see those as also being 3-7.

Bugman

Noob

Hawkgirl: Scorpion can't catch that chick while she up in the air flying around for days. Scorpion have to take a major risk to get in against hawkgirl.
Sinestro: Scorpion can play mind games against Sinestro. Sinestro can't use none of his projection because Scorpion can reaction all of his moves.

Bugman

Noob
Lex beats scorpion 6-4 or IMO 7-3,no way it's even. He just doesn't have a good answer to lexs trait. Obviously I'm willing to prove that in a set if you want @Bugman

• Lex can stuff wakeup teleport in mine setups with relative ease that lead to huge damage(eg off a b2 regular mine he can do d3 or b2 and get a full punish
sure I play your lex but also the reason why it a 5-5 it because scorpion trial can also stop your trial as well. Also without lex trial I can vortex lex for free because his wake up game is one of the worst in the game and also unsafe.

Can you provide more detail or a video for the last one?

Have you played Bugman's Scorpion? I'm not a lex expert, but fighting his scorpion with lex seemed to be very challenging.

DarkFire*

Your halo is mine.
Even though I've used Zatanna since she first came out, I was actually a Scorpion main first lol. I mained him for a long time and only recently did the full switch to Zatanna, though I will still occasionally pull him out.

Aquaman: 3-7
Batgirl: 4-6
Killer Frost: Possibly 3.5-6.5
Sinestro: 5-5

That being said, I agree with your numbers for the most part; these are really the only ones I argue against. At the highest level Scorpion really can't do anything to Aquaman. His trait also blows up your combos. The only launcher you have besides d2 is b2, which is reactable (and punishable). And given Scorpion's longish combos (not to mention low damage), when you finally do get a decent combo in/vortex attempt, Aquaman's trait will likely have came back by then and you probably only did around 40% with multiple bars of meter (and that's if you guessed right), whereas Aquaman can do that same damage (I believe actually possibly a little bit more or only 1-2% less) with only one bar.

Batgirl I believe is 4-6. Both are vortex characters, but hers are MUCH better. It's meterless, unreactable, and (for the most part anyway) safe. Whereas yours requires meter, is reactable (if you use b2 instead of instant j1 into MB teleport, but that wastes even more precious meter), and it's relatively unsafe. She also outdamages you can teleport your hellfire on reaction and full combo punish/get a vortex attempt.

Killer Frost is more or less the same scenario as Batgirl, except that she can punish your EX teleport with d1 slide into vortex, and even though hers requires meter as well, her vortex is far better in terms of damage and the fact you can't react to it, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe? it is also safe.

As for Sinestro, I don't quite see how he beats him. Although Sinestro really can't zone Scorpion because of his teleport, he can still vortex Scorpion right back, and his is also meterless and safe. Also, once Sinestro gets trait going, it becomes a somewhat uphill battle for Scorpion (as it does for basically the whole cast), though I believe Scorpion can still handle him just fine, so that's why I believe this is 5-5.

Other than that, pretty accurate MU chart :cool:

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
sure I play your lex but also the reason why it a 5-5 it because scorpion trial can also stop your trial as well. Also without lex trial I can vortex lex for free because his wake up game is one of the worst in the game and also unsafe.
Hardly, corpse charge is one of the hardest unsafe wakeups to stuff on block. It should be easy considering it's above -20 on block but the opponent recovers quickly and most players fail to punish even with 8 frame moves. This isn't just online btw.

That is true but on wakeup lexs trait can't be beaten and also lex gets his trait every few seconds.

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
Can you provide more detail or a video for the last one?

Have you played Bugman's Scorpion? I'm not a lex expert, but fighting his scorpion with lex seemed to be very challenging.
Never played his scorpion but I've never struggled with scorpions in general. I know it works and can upload a video later on in the week. You can try it for yourself in the lab though. Set the AI to wakeup teleport and do b3 ji2 b2 mine/far mine b2u3d3 or d3. Requires a little timing but not that hard IMO

Never played his scorpion but I've never struggled with scorpions in general. I know it works and can upload a video later on in the week. You can try it for yourself in the lab though. Set the AI to wakeup teleport and do b3 ji2 b2 mine/far mine b2u3d3 or d3. Requires a little timing but not that hard IMO
you should give it a whirl, you might end up leaving with some new insight. Bugman is not to be slept on, and I love what he's doing with scorpion.

Bugman

Noob
Even though I've used Zatanna since she first came out, I was actually a Scorpion main first lol. I mained him for a long time and only recently did the full switch to Zatanna, though I will still occasionally pull him out.

Aquaman: 3-7
Batgirl: 4-6
Killer Frost: Possibly 3.5-6.5
Sinestro: 5-5

That being said, I agree with your numbers for the most part; these are really the only ones I argue against. At the highest level Scorpion really can't do anything to Aquaman. His trait also blows up your combos. The only launcher you have besides d2 is b2, which is reactable (and punishable). And given Scorpion's low damage, when you finally do get a decent combo in/vortex attempt, Aquaman's trait will likely have came back by then and you probably only did around 40% with multiple bars of meter (and that's if you guessed right), whereas Aquaman can do that same damage (I believe actually possibly a little bit more or only 1-2% less) with only one bar.

Batgirl I believe is 4-6. Both are vortex characters, but hers are MUCH better. It's meterless, unreactable, and (for the most part anyway) safe. Whereas yours requires meter, is reactable (if you use b2 instead of instant j1 into MB teleport, but that wastes even more precious meter), and it's relatively unsafe. She also outdamages you can teleport your hellfire on reaction and full combo punish/get a vortex attempt.

Killer Frost is more or less the same scenario as Batgirl, except that she can punish your EX teleport with d1 slide into vortex, and even though hers requires meter as well, her vortex is far better in terms of damage and the fact you can't react to it, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe? it is also safe.

As for Sinestro, I don't quite see how he beats him. Although Sinestro really can't zone Scorpion because of his teleport, he can still vortex Scorpion right back, and his is also meterless and safe. Also, once Sinestro gets trait going, it becomes a somewhat uphill battle for Scorpion (as it does for basically the whole cast), though I believe Scorpion can still handle him just fine, so that's why I believe this is 5-5.

Other than that, pretty accurate MU chart :cool:
Aquaman: The reason why I said it 4-6 it because the trial. Yes Scorpion have a hard time to get in on Aquaman but if Aquaman goes to trial, I can either do one one cancer combo in do a little gimmick or I can wait in grab him.

Batgirl:
Only reason why it a 4.5-5.5 Batgirl favor it because the damage if she did not had that must damage it could be 5-5.

Killer Frost:
Scorpion he got a little options not as much but he still can hold his own even tho it is killer frost favor.

Sinestro:
Scorpion can easy play mind game against him. True Sinestro do got a vortex on him but it not easy to get in on scorpion like that he has to take risk otherwise he will get hit by a teleport or mb teleport.

Bugman

Noob
It
Hardly, corpse charge is one of the hardest unsafe wakeups to stuff on block. It should be easy considering it's above -20 on block but the opponent recovers quickly and most players fail to punish even with 8 frame moves. This isn't just online btw.

That is true but on wakeup lexs trait can't be beaten and also lex gets his trait every few seconds.
It true that Lex get his trial back before me but how long can Lex be able to take on scorpion without his trial?

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
It

It true that Lex get his trial back before me but how long can Lex be able to take on scorpion without his trial?
Lex doesn't rely on trait in this mu, without it I'd say it's a 5-5 but obviously with it I reckon it's lexs favour. Depending on the level of trait lex gets to when he charges (usually 3 in this mu) shield lasts up to 11 seconds or so and has a cools own of like 2/3 seconds.

Bugman

Noob
Lex doesn't rely on trait in this mu, without it I'd say it's a 5-5 but obviously with it I reckon it's lexs favour. Depending on the level of trait lex gets to when he charges (usually 3 in this mu) shield lasts up to 11 seconds or so and has a cools own of like 2/3 seconds.
Between Scorpion and Lex , the level really don't matter to tell you the truth.