What's new

General/Other "To Hell With You" - Scorpion General Discussion

Gurimmjaw

Earthrealm
oh i get ya now, i very rarely do it personally, even though f3 is plus on block compared to b2 being -7 with f3 being 31 frame start up i find it very reactable for my opponent to block plus if i do it too many times ill get punished as telepunch doesnt have enough advantage to make the f3 not esacapable.

also i suggest that youd use 112~telepunch instead to start your vortexs, 1% more damage than f22~telepunch.
f22u3(the 1st hit of u3 canceled not the second) gets same in some combos as 112 but not all if i remember right so its better to stick with 112~telepunch the whole time,imo anyway.

Hmmm I see. So B2 is unsafe and has fast start up while F3 is safe and has a slower start up though MB F3 might be good to use too. Wonder if his other overheads would also be useful for this like 2u3.

I will take your advice and use 112~teleport punch instead...also had no idea I can vortex off off 112~teleport. I always assumed I needed the MB Spear to do it. I wasted meter when I didn't have to basically. Any other tips you can give me for Scorpion? Like on knockdowns? Appreciate any help I can get.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Hmmm I see. So B2 is unsafe and has fast start up while F3 is safe and has a slower start up though MB F3 might be good to use too. Wonder if his other overheads would also be useful for this like 2u3.

I will take your advice and use 112~teleport punch instead...also had no idea I can vortex off off 112~teleport. I always assumed I needed the MB Spear to do it. I wasted meter when I didn't have to basically. Any other tips you can give me for Scorpion? Like on knockdowns? Appreciate any help I can get.

yea 2u3 is very good, was changed from +5 to -1 on block last patch but it so much pushback it might as well be 0.

well you do have to use meter in nearly all combos to set up the nj2 112~telepunch ender, either that or trait, so you werent wasting meter at all, if u used trait u leave out the j2 and just do 112~telepunch.

hmmm knockdown stuff...well his untechable knockdowns (knockdowns were opponent cant tech roll away) are d3, 212 2u3 and f22d3
you can end combos with the 1st three while opponent airborn in juggle but if you want to use f22d3 as combo ender you have to do it after mb spear/trait but your giving up your vortex doing that so thats only really for certain match ups, its ruins gl's wakeup for example.
MB telepunch after knockdowns is really good against the character that cant punish it cause it both messes with wakeup inputs and conditions your opponent to block low to open up more overheads after knockdowns, same with faking a crossover j3 and doing MB telepunch.

iMLGzus

Venom Addict/Space Pope
I picked up Scorpion recently and I gotta say, he's fun as hell. Dat vortex doe. Also, I'm an MK player at heart and he does his best to fill the void left by Sub-Zero.

Anyone else find that their hands have minds of their own, in respect to his vortex sometimes? Like after I get one vortex reset, my mind goes black and my hands just go, so much that I mix myself up :O Feelin' hella in the zone lol.

Gurimmjaw

Earthrealm
yea 2u3 is very good, was changed from +5 to -1 on block last patch but it so much pushback it might as well be 0.

well you do have to use meter in nearly all combos to set up the nj2 112~telepunch ender, either that or trait, so you werent wasting meter at all, if u used trait u leave out the j2 and just do 112~telepunch.

hmmm knockdown stuff...well his untechable knockdowns (knockdowns were opponent cant tech roll away) are d3, 212 2u3 and f22d3
you can end combos with the 1st three while opponent airborn in juggle but if you want to use f22d3 as combo ender you have to do it after mb spear/trait but your giving up your vortex doing that so thats only really for certain match ups, its ruins gl's wakeup for example.
MB telepunch after knockdowns is really good against the character that cant punish it cause it both messes with wakeup inputs and conditions your opponent to block low to open up more overheads after knockdowns, same with faking a crossover j3 and doing MB telepunch.

Thank you so much for this. I never knew that 2u3 was a knockdown. Didn't appear to be one from what I saw but im glad it is.

One last thing I want to know. Is there a way to make Scorpion's teleport safe?

1man3letters

Thank you so much for this. I never knew that 2u3 was a knockdown. Didn't appear to be one from what I saw but im glad it is.

One last thing I want to know. Is there a way to make Scorpion's teleport safe?

unless you have the robot from hall of justice active not really no,
theres a few chars who cant punish the MB version but thats about it.

Gurimmjaw

Earthrealm
unless you have the robot from hall of justice active not really no,theres a few chars who cant punish the MB version but thats about it.
Oh I see. I only ask cause I was messing with a lot of stuff with Scorpion in practice mode and noticed if you do an instant air teleport punch low to the ground you will land next to your opponent and recover quickly. It does not hit them but would be something to use to get in.

1man3letters

Oh I see. I only ask cause I was messing with a lot of stuff with Scorpion in practice mode and noticed if you do an instant air teleport punch low to the ground you will land next to your opponent and recover quickly. It does not hit them but would be something to use to get in.

yea that was in mk aswell, was kinda better in that.
you'll still get full combo punished.
does recover few frames faster but doesnt stop scorpion eating a full combo

Gurimmjaw

Earthrealm
yea that was in mk aswell, was kinda better in that.
you'll still get full combo punished.
does recover few frames faster but doesnt stop scorpion eating a full combo coming
Yeah you right tested it and stuff like d1 will punish it. Not bad to throw it out every once in awhile tho.

1man3letters

Yeah you right tested it and stuff like d1 will punish it. Not bad to throw it out every once in awhile tho.

the only difference from doing normal telepunch to that one is if you were meant to hit them you get punished instead, i really wouldnt advice trying to work it into your play personally

Gurimmjaw

Earthrealm
Well I been using Scorpion a lot lately and he seems like a monster with the mix up/cross up gimmicks off teleport punch. I am still trying to figure best way to go about using his teleport punch. MB recklessly off it not good idea since d1's punish it. Might be best for using with fake cross ups and after a j3 cross up, Also 50/50 from full screen too. Hellfire and teleport punch. Im wondering if it best to be patient with Scorpion or aggressive.

PANDA

*Supreme Member*
Any other Scorpion players want to body me on PSN?
Share tech with me <3
PSN: CaliburPANDA

Minh Giang

aka ChrsitianDMG on Stream
21 x tele works everytime with people who can't see his teleport lol cuz they think i will do 212 (overhead)

PANDA

*Supreme Member*
21 x tele works everytime with people who can't see his teleport lol cuz they think i will do 212 (overhead)

been doing that shit since day 1.

In other news, I would like to raise the question of: Is Scorpion still Broken?
Not a single person in the koth lobbies last night knew how to play against my Scorpion. Rampant complaints and various insults were heard over the mics of the other players to which I could only laugh at. Upon reaching my 50+ to 0 win ratio I pondered at the thought if Scorpion was still too broken to be in the game of Injustice. It all became clear to me when the last person in the lobby raged quit that yes: scorpion is broke as fuck.

1man3letters

been doing that shit since day 1.

In other news, I would like to raise the question of: Is Scorpion still Broken?
Not a single person in the koth lobbies last night knew how to play against my Scorpion. Rampant complaints and various insults were heard over the mics of the other players to which I could only laugh at. Upon reaching my 50+ to 0 win ratio I pondered at the thought if Scorpion was still too broken to be in the game of Injustice. It all became clear to me when the last person in the lobby raged quit that yes: scorpion is broke as fuck.

the answer to your question is no, scorpion is not "still broken".
the fact you can make some randoms who dont know what the fuck there doing quit and moan doesnt prove anything man, even with that 50+ win ratio lmfao (word of advice, leave online boasting for online lol)

Minh Giang

lol some people still bitch about Scorpion and said "Scorpion players should stop downplaying", more like they can't see his teleport, jump too much or throw yolo interactables when they fight against him. They should stop downplaying, not Scorpion players.

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
lol some people still bitch about Scorpion and said "Scorpion players should stop downplaying", more like they can't see his teleport, jump too much or throw yolo interactables when they fight against him. They should stop downplaying, not Scorpion players.
Superman, Aquaman, Black Adam, Flash, WW, KF, Batgirl, Batman, Zod, Sinestro, MMH are all characters I believe are better than him, as well as others who I think are on his level (Zatanna, Doomsday, Green Arrow).

Recognising that your character has glaring weaknesses is different from downplay. If MB teleport was neutral or plus on block and/or he had his old J3, I'd be singing a different song and dance.

Minh Giang

Superman, Aquaman, Black Adam, Flash, WW, KF, Batgirl, Batman, Zod, Sinestro, MMH are all characters I believe are better than him, as well as others who I think are on his level (Zatanna, Doomsday, Green Arrow).

Recognising that your character has glaring weaknesses is different from downplay. If MB teleport was neutral or plus on block and/or he had his old J3, I'd be singing a different song and dance.
mb -8 is fine for me now cuz i don't play Scorpion too offensive now, but i still hate the fact that he needs his old J3 but they nerfed it just because tym complained about his pre-patch teleport (lol nrs).

RYX

BIG PUSHER
1man3letters

How do you initiate his vortex? I've been doing MB spear whiffed j.2 into j.1/b.1. Is this the best way to do it? Because j.1 will hit before they can crouch, it seems useful.

PANDA

*Supreme Member*
Why didn't they fix his b1,2? 2 is intended to whiff on crouching when its a mid?

*SIGH* NRS >_<

RYX
there's many ways to initiate his vortex...
J1, 112, tele = free vortex
b12, tele, 112 xx MB spear = vortex
b2 into vortex
J3 into vortex
and the list goes on... but those are the ones I use the most.

hope that helps...
if you want to spar with my scorpion on PSN: iSnowyPanda
edit: also, just to note that his J1 is too good not to use constantly/abuse. The frame activation on it is just too GDLK.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Why didn't they fix his b1,2? 2 is intended to whiff on crouching when its a mid?

*SIGH* NRS >_<

RYX
there's many ways to initiate his vortex...
J1, 112, tele = free vortex
b12, tele, 112 xx MB spear = vortex
b2 into vortex
J3 into vortex
and the list goes on... but those are the ones I use the most.

hope that helps...
edit: also, just to note that his J1 is too good not to use constantly. The frame activation on it is just too GDLK.
No I mean what is the best way to do it

Like when n.j.2 whiffs you can cross up or not and you get all his mix ups at a really good advantage to use them

Minh Giang

*SIGH* NRS >_<

What do you want? this is a NRS game, NRS doesn't know what move's properties are. They don't care about the hitboxes, if they want a move with low hitbox to be a mid, they'll program it "mid atk", high atks always ignore the hitboxes so you can see them hit crouching opponents, meanwhile mid atks can whiff on crouching opponents.

1man3letters

No I mean what is the best way to do it

Like when n.j.2 whiffs you can cross up or not and you get all his mix ups at a really good advantage to use them

why would you whiff the j2? your dropping damage for no reason, its like going for a 50/50 after trait hits instead of 112~telepunch.
just do j2 112~telepunch after spear or 112~telepunch after trait. thats the best way

RYX

BIG PUSHER
why would you whiff the j2? your dropping damage for no reason, its like going for a 50/50 after trait hits instead of 112~telepunch.
just do j2 112~telepunch after spear or 112~telepunch after trait. thats the best way
but j.1 whiffs after the tp

MB spear NJ2 creates a cross up/non cross up and doesn't have any whiffing problems unless you mess up, which for a few % I'd happily trade for

1man3letters

but j.1 whiffs after the tp

MB spear NJ2 creates a cross up/non cross up and doesn't have any whiffing problems unless you mess up, which for a few % I'd happily trade for

no it doesnt, instant j1 works after telepunch.
if you want to use cross up stuff without dropping damage u can use j2 f22d3 after MB spear.

anyways they 2nd time you jump after mb spear opponent can duck,backdash etc etc. you dont have the frame advantage to try what i think your suggesting

RYX

BIG PUSHER
no it doesnt, instant j1 works after telepunch.
if you want to use cross up stuff without dropping damage u can use j2 f22d3 after MB spear.

anyways they 2nd time you jump after mb spear opponent can duck,backdash etc etc. you dont have the frame advantage to try what i think your suggesting
I was doing it every time, even small characters can't, but I wasn't able to with TP because of the push