What's new

General/Other "To Hell With You" - Scorpion General Discussion

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Do you like gimmicks?

Because I have a gimmick for you! :3

If you end in f.22u3 (notice the fast stand) you can spear them while they're standing and they can't crouch it! Free combos!

Oh, worried about the roll? No problem, it's the same exact timing, LOL! They have to roll to wake up, too, so they're just putting more distance between you and them. Ha!

This gimmick actually works on Zod. It stuffs his wake ups and if he blocks he's only able to ZC you for 11% :p

yay gimmicks

Minh Giang

aka ChrsitianDMG on Stream
Do you like gimmicks?

Because I have a gimmick for you! :3

If you end in f.22u3 (notice the fast stand) you can spear them while they're standing and they can't crouch it! Free combos!

Oh, worried about the roll? No problem, it's the same exact timing, LOL! They have to roll to wake up, too, so they're just putting more distance between you and them. Ha!

This gimmick actually works on Zod. It stuffs his wake ups and if he blocks he's only able to ZC you for 11% :p

yay gimmicks
does it work on MMH? because dat tele... ;___;

RYX

BIG PUSHER
1man3letters

I might not use Scorpion after all ;_; just doesn't seem to fit my ability of once-a-zoner-now-a-grappler

please petition for scorpion to have a command grab in MKX so that i can use my 4th favorite ninja ;_;

Minh Giang

1man3letters

I might not use Scorpion after all ;_; just doesn't seem to fit my ability of once-a-zoner-now-a-grappler

please petition for scorpion to have a command grab in MKX so that i can use my 4th favorite ninja ;_;
level up you lazy scrub, you just can't handle Scorpion.

but srsly, i want flip kick to have invincibility and slide to be safe on block, Scorp sucks so much.

Minh Giang

I'd like it if he didn't t stand still for eternity when spear whiffs

lol
yeah, i don't know why Scorp's spear is always unsafe. fuck, i don't even understand nrs's logic. sure if opponents get hit by his spear, they will eat full combos, but that move is a projectile move, and a high move, and in injustice you need 1 bar to do combos. And his slide, it's unsafe, meanwhile KF can slide to do full combos. lol @ nrs's logic

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
1man3letters

aww thats a shame...now you will burn instead :p

yeah, i don't know why Scorp's spear is always unsafe. fuck, i don't even understand nrs's logic. sure if opponents get hit by his spear, they will eat full combos, but that move is a projectile move, and a high move, and in injustice you need 1 bar to do combos. And his slide, it's unsafe, meanwhile KF can slide to do full combos. lol @ nrs's logic

the logic is the same reason batmans slide in unsafe.
scorpion and batman games are not built around there slides were frost is.

safe slide of course would be nice lol but id take b12/21 hitting all crouching characters before id take that,personally.
also invincibilty on flip kick on wakeup is already very decent, dont think would aid much improving that.

Minh Giang

safe slide of course would be nice lol but id take b12/21 hitting all crouching characters before id take that,personally.
also invincibilty on flip kick on wakeup is already very decent, dont think would aid much improving that.
don't even talk about mid atks whiff on croching opponents cuz it's nrs game, they don't know about move's properties lol. you remember in mk9? high atks can hit croching opponents, and block croching has bigger hitboxes so high can hit, also moves that have low hitboxes but if nrs wants them to be mid, they will be mid lol.

RYX

BIG PUSHER

their slides also don't lead to combos like KF's does and they are easily whiff punishable AND slower

no excuse

1man3letters

their slides also don't lead to combos like KF's does and they are easily whiff punishable AND slower

no excuse

you missed my point man, frost main tool is her slide,
batman/scorpions main tool is not there slides.
if frost slide as punishable as theres she'd be trash and thankfully theres no trash characters in injustice,imo anyway.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
you missed my point man, frost main tool is her slide,
batman/scorpions main tool is not there slides.
if frost slide as punishable as theres she'd be trash and thankfully theres no trash characters in injustice,imo anyway.
No she wouldn't. She'd still have a safe OH option in her vortex which means she'd actually hit you with it more because you want to punish slide.

Scorpion just needs a safe option and a command grab. ;)

1man3letters

No she wouldn't. She'd still have a safe OH option in her vortex which means she'd actually hit you with it more because you want to punish slide.

Scorpion just needs a safe option and a command grab. ;)

with little to respect outside d1 range she wouldnt be getting to do her vortex much if i didnt have to fear a near zero risk random slide, shed make scorpions yoloness look safe if she was built that way.
anyway the frost/batman talk in neither here nor there, this all sounds like week 1 of the game with frost block data talk lol

also scorpion does have safe options, just that his best stuff besides 2u3 is unsafe vs most the cast

Minh Giang

things like KF slide should have been a whiff punish tool, that's all, and fuck command grab, Scorp need invincibility for his flip like SRK.

1man3letters

things like KF slide should have been a whiff punish tool, that's all, and fuck command grab, Scorp need invincibility for his flip like SRK.

you want the flip kick to be have invincibility just throwing in out normally???
man even as a scorpion player i have to say gtfo with that, no way

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
I dont know if its been posted but i found a easier way to land the cross over j3 and at the same time mess with the fuzzy guard. After you end your vortex set up (me i use 11trait 113 Tele) dash forward and then right away j3 in to Tele port. The same thing goes for when they fuzzy guard dashforward and then b12 I find I've been hitting it a lot more because after the dash foward their already fuzzing for the overhead. This is probably not new to anyone but i just thought I'd share my success.