What's new

General/Other "To Hell With You" - Scorpion General Discussion

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
yea thought i was a good idea to send the old one to netherrealm because of all the out date information and general bitching about both "pre-patch" and "nerfed" scorpion.

its a new dawn with the v1.06 patch (v1.08) and its time for scorpion players to move forward and help the character grow

well, I like how he wears a thong and his cock flap wiggles something phallic. Thats pretty cool
also he resembles more of a bumble bee to me :3

Lambro

Using that OTHER green guy
Am I going crazy or does he do like 1-2% more than before on vortex set ups now? I might be nuts.

Lambro

Using that OTHER green guy
I took a long break and thinking about a come back. There was something about the damage scaling being fixed. That and we have overheads now.

Hell, maybe I need to log online and see if people disconnect as soon as they see Scorps now.~

1man3letters

Now that it works, 2U3 xx MB Teleport Punch is some of the dirtiest shit in this game.

yea i really dig using 2~mb telepunch/2u3/2u3~MB telepunch,
its all fuzzy blockable sure but your opponent has to prove to me they know how to block if if they want me to stop using it lol

Who do you guys think his best and worse match ups are? I picked up staffwing just for aquaman, but other than that I feel that his match ups vs most of the top tiers are 5-5s or manageable 4-6s...

1man3letters

Who do you guys think his best and worse match ups are? I picked up staffwing just for aquaman, but other than that I feel that his match ups vs most of the top tiers are 5-5s or manageable 4-6s...

personally id say he 3 worst currently are oceanman, superman and MMH.
nightwing bad aswell but i have to grind that mu out a bit more
either way please use the match up discussion thread for mu talk : http://testyourmight.com/threads/scorpion-match-up-chart-discussion.33640/

Gurimmjaw

Earthrealm
Was wondering what do some of you guys do after you connect a MB spear? I know some will go for B2, but any of you ever use F3 instead of B2? I do sometimes because it safe even if it has slower start up. Im trying to figure out some nice sets up I can perhaps use with him after knockdowns.

Scorpion has an insane vortex which I like haha. Got a lot of hate mail with him before.

Was wondering what do some of you guys do after you connect a MB spear? I know some will go for B2, but any of you ever use F3 instead of B2? I do sometimes because it safe even if it has slower start up. Im trying to figure out some nice sets up I can perhaps use with him after knockdowns.

Scorpion has an insane vortex which I like haha. Got a lot of hate mail with him before.

It depends... If I have trait I'll go for a b3, trait, 112 xx Tele punch for a vortex setup, and if I don't I do nj2, 112 xx Tele punch into vortex.

1man3letters

you talking just a raw mb spear or after mb spear used in a combo?
b2? do u mean b3?
i do use f3 after mb spear in a few corner combos but generally i stick to b3 because i you want double j3s after f3 you have to do j3~telepunch, j3~telepunch which knocks them away rather then j3,j3~telepunch were there the option of extra damage with 2u3~leg takedown etc etc

Gurimmjaw

Earthrealm
you talking just a raw mb spear or after mb spear used in a combo?
b2? do u mean b3?
i do use f3 after mb spear in a few corner combos but generally i stick to b3 because i you want double j3s after f3 you have to do j3~telepunch, j3~telepunch which knocks them away rather then j3,j3~telepunch were there the option of extra damage with 2u3~leg takedown etc etc

Oh sorry didn't clarify exactly. Here something I do 113~MB spear, B3~trait, F22~teleport punch....now im guessing this is where his vortex begins(not sure if this actually his vortex uncertain on it at the moment but if someone could explain it to me would appreciate it). After the F22 Teleport punch Im wondering do any of you make use of the F3 instead of the B2? Im trying to see if I should choose a better option than B2.

1man3letters

Oh sorry didn't clarify exactly. Here something I do 113~MB spear, B3~trait, F22~teleport punch....now im guessing this is where his vortex begins(not sure if this actually his vortex uncertain on it at the moment but if someone could explain it to me would appreciate it). After the F22 Teleport punch Im wondering do any of you make use of the F3 instead of the B2? Im trying to see if I should choose a better option than B2.

oh i get ya now, i very rarely do it personally, even though f3 is plus on block compared to b2 being -7 with f3 being 31 frame start up i find it very reactable for my opponent to block plus if i do it too many times ill get punished as telepunch doesnt have enough advantage to make the f3 not esacapable.

also i suggest that youd use 112~telepunch instead to start your vortexs, 1% more damage than f22~telepunch.
f22u3(the 1st hit of u3 canceled not the second) gets same in some combos as 112 but not all if i remember right so its better to stick with 112~telepunch the whole time,imo anyway.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Patch was good but Scorpion still feels really bad to me. :(

He's fair as a vortex character but 'fair' isn't a good thing in Injustice lol.